Discuss Scratch

-SpamCauldron-
Scratcher
61 posts

Scratch to Javascript converter

-stache- wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

You can't convert a costume into Javascript, I believe.

Would this be like a “download to computer as .js” button?
You can store it as a data: urI though
YOU TRICKED ME INTO GIVING YOU AN INTERNET! what did that do?

Give me an internet(no this does not give me access to your internet it just shows appreciation):

clappingcrab
Scratcher
11 posts

I am learning JAVASCRIPT! If you want, I could give you tips! here is a code I converted:

ask [What is your favorite color?] and wait
set [ color] to (answer)
say [(I like) + (color)]

is:

answer = prompt(“What is your favorite color?”)
var color (answer)
alert(“I like” + color);

ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

No support for a Scratch-JavaScript converter, or any other language for that matter (C++, C#, Ruby, Python, etc). If you want to make a game you're better off just learning the language, plus, with Scratch as limited as it is – believe me – you'll have wished you actually learned the language. Shortcuts won't get you far in programming. Once you convert the Scratch code to some other language you don't know, how do you plan to maintain it if the text-based language is completely new to you?

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
Orion_aboy
Scratcher
4 posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

You can't convert a costume into Javascript, I believe.

Would this be like a “download to computer as .js” button?
No, there are ways of making images with javascript, First of all, you can use javascript then you can use an external file to tidy up your work, and etc.
GerekRulesGwof
Scratcher
500+ posts

eww im not using tynker

This is my signature.

My signature was eaten by the Scratch Team, they removed it lol
AlexCrackYT
Scratcher
9 posts

HEY I WANT TO TRANSLATE MY PROJECT TO JAVASCRIPT THANKS
theXliner
Scratcher
83 posts

I think it would be easier if this was python…

Scratch pen = Turtle graphics
Say = Alert
etc.

Oldmantwoshoes
Scratcher
1 post

I would Love this to be a feature since it won’t broadcast message and if you could convert it I could run through the code and fix the problem![quote
EPICPIKAGUY
Scratcher
100+ posts

theXliner wrote:

I think it would be easier if this was python…

Scratch pen = Turtle graphics
Say = Alert
etc.

You know, Turtle Graphics isn't the only library capable of scratch-like pen graphics? Heck, Html5's CanvasRenderingContext2D has pen-like functionality built in.

Javascript also has alert.
chewie20151
Scratcher
4 posts

You can solve the costumes etc problem by scratch just hosting all of your images on its database (kinda like it already does) and it would just call it every time you change the sprite/costume.

switch costume to [ v]

would become

document.getElementById(“myImg”).src = “imageurl.com”;
theXliner
Scratcher
83 posts

true

theXliner
Scratcher
83 posts

broadcast [ something]
is equal to a varible…
jus turn it into a function or something
define broadcast (message)
//enter code under here

Last edited by theXliner (Sept. 9, 2019 14:11:18)

theXliner
Scratcher
83 posts

oh! and
//coment
is equal to //coment
(OBVIOUSLY)

theGuyWhoLovesRoblox
Scratcher
2 posts

You may be able to get chrome to firefox on your device, then inspect the block coding and copy, i havn't tried it but it may work
i say my way has a 50/50% chance of working, or veiw page source, that may be easier..
just right click on chrome or firefox.

Last edited by theGuyWhoLovesRoblox (Sept. 30, 2019 22:44:21)

cassi070907
Scratcher
11 posts

Do any of you know the programming language of google apps scripts?
If so, can you translate the code from this link into it for me
Thanks
TheOneGuy101
Scratcher
95 posts

I don't think you can store sprites in JavaScript (unless you store the sprite in a array of a bigton of stuff which identify which pixel at which position should have which color, which really is pretty much useless if you use vector art).
So,
No support. Sorry.

The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation. The guidance subsystem uses deviations to generate corrective commands to drive the missile from a position where it is to a position where it isn't, and arriving at a position where it wasn't, it now is. Consequently, the position where it is, is now the position that it wasn't, and it follows that the position that it was, is now the position that it isn't.
In the event that the position that it is in is not the position that it wasn't, the system has acquired a variation, the variation being the difference between where the missile is, and where it wasn't. If variation is considered to be a significant factor, it too may be corrected by the GEA. However, the missile must also know where it was.
The missile guidance computer scenario works as follows. Because a variation has modified some of the information the missile has obtained, it is not sure just where it is. However, it is sure where it isn't, within reason, and it knows where it was. It now subtracts where it should be from where it wasn't, or vice-versa, and by differentiating this from the algebraic sum of where it shouldn't be, and where it was, it is able to obtain the deviation and its variation, which is called error.
i want to die btw
i always said that i want to die and noone cares… strange
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

clappingcrab wrote:

I am learning JAVASCRIPT! If you want, I could give you tips! here is a code I converted:

ask [What is your favorite color?] and wait
set [ color] to (answer)
say [(I like) + (color)]

is:

answer = prompt(“What is your favorite color?”)
var color (answer)
alert(“I like” + color);

Sorry, but this is not the correct place to give JavaScript tutorials — please do that in places like here.

One of the rejected suggestions is text-based coding, but I understand that's not what you're going for here. This does mean the ST is staying away from more complex programming languages so I think this would not be a good idea. Plus, JavaScript has dozens more features than Scratch and a conversion would mean tons of confusion.

Automatically forming a JavaScript document that the client can see would already be hard enough for the ST if you think about it.

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
theXliner
Scratcher
83 posts

OOHkay so HTML maybe better not java or JavaScript Ya know:

say [This is equal to the alert function]
<but> :: #ffc0cb
think [This... I'm not so sure]

mrcoat
Scratcher
100+ posts

I love JavaScript. And i also love scratch. A lot of times I really want to know how i do something in my favorite coding tools.That is why I would LOVE it if they added a way to switch to JavaScript.

P.s. Press ctrl + shift + c then go to console and put this code in there.
alert(“Check out mrcoat on scratch!”)

My cartoon
Watch My Show!
I was gonna put an image of the studio but it didn't work.

Cool thing I made
when [Awesomeness v] > (100)
forever
play sound [Victory v] until done
set rotation style [The best style v]
go to [The party v]
end
theXliner
Scratcher
83 posts

mrcoat wrote:

I love JavaScript. And i also love scratch. A lot of times I really want to know how i do something in my favorite coding tools.That is why I would LOVE it if they added a way to switch to JavaScript.

P.s. Press ctrl + shift + c then go to console and put this code in there.
alert(“Check out mrcoat on scratch!”)
bruh it's:
window.alert(“Check out theXliner on scratch!”)