More testing please!

i am too awesome for you.
say []ha!

snack
theminecart
Scratcher
6 posts

More testing please!

The Offline works very well, except that it didn't save my project I was working on. Luckily I had uploaded and saved it online earlier.
pwarford18
Scratcher
1 post

More testing please!

grokblah wrote:

Hello!

We've been working away on the new Scratch project player that fixes the image effect slowdown. Many Scratchers have helped find bugs in the new player for us to fix. With a little more testing we can find the last bugs to fix. Please help us by trying your projects in the new player:

http://scratch.mit.edu/testplayer/

On the test page you can paste in a project's URL and test it in the new player. Give it a try and let us know if you find any problems! Be sure to include a link to the project when you report issues with the new player. Without a link to the project we cannot fix it. Don't forget to press the button - that'll add your browser and flash info to your post.

Thanks!
Shane
(on behalf of the Scratch Team)

PS: Thanks to everyone for testing their projects!
adri326
Scratcher
100+ posts

More testing please!

Hello,
I like catclan and I have maked a new clan , black moon clan
they're the adress:
http://scratch.mit.edu/studios/308003/
see please and test my others games

PS:the clan is new,they are not lots of game; today 1

Keep scratching!
TM_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More testing please!

Hello ST,
are you doing anything? Because within the last weeks or almost a whole month i didn't noticed any productive changing. Had you holidays? It's nothing bad, so please don't missunderstand me, but it would be better if you let us know, because it really seems like you do not do anything. Have you really nothing for a new update or new progress in the long awaited flash player? (it sitll makes a lot of older projects unplayable because of super slowness and some new projects are even more unplayable because of heavy graphic bugs)

My YouTube-Account: TM_ (TMtheScratcher)
Join the Google+ Community “Persist” and test the latest Alpha-versions and get news about the desktop-game! Persist
ramsom11
Scratcher
95 posts

More testing please!

how do i test?

Take a look at my projects: Click Them To Play!

jontmy00
Scratcher
500+ posts

More testing please!

ramsom11 wrote:

how do i test?
Test it by going here, then entering the project's URL such as “scratch.mit.edu/projects/xxxxxxxx” in the field, then click “Try It!”.
jonjon04
Scratcher
26 posts

More testing please!

move (9000 awesomeness) steps
turn right (9000000000000000000000 awesomeness) degrees

minecraft and minions yay
when green flag clicked
forever

say [im awesome and to cool for school]
play sound [ im awesomev]
end
TM_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More testing please!

no idea what you did there, but it is now much worster than some weeks before.
At least at this project: http://scratch.mit.edu/testplayer/#10518297
The chracter (in the past the only thing which had regular graphics, all other things have colored outline, but in the original project thy aren't colored) is invisble. Also the water and sand is not there. So only the background, the waves and the stamped grass are there. And the text “TM_”. Everything else is gone.

Join the Google+ Community “Persist” and test the latest Alpha-versions and get news about the desktop-game! Persist
Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More testing please!

PLEASE FINISH THIS! I REALLY WANT TO RELEASE MY PROJECT!

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
grokblah
Scratcher
100+ posts

More testing please!

How does it look to you now? For me, I can see everything and it seems to work the same as the standard player.

TM_ wrote:

The chracter (in the past the only thing which had regular graphics, all other things have colored outline, but in the original project thy aren't colored) is invisble. Also the water and sand is not there. So only the background, the waves and the stamped grass are there. And the text “TM_”. Everything else is gone.
OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More testing please!

Ghost effectified sprites mess up color detection, especially when they in the front (my friend reported a specific case of this recently).

Failord wrote:

PLEASE FINISH THIS! I REALLY WANT TO RELEASE MY PROJECT!
Be patient…

Last edited by OrcaCat (Dec. 29, 2013 04:41:53)

TM_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More testing please!

grokblah wrote:

How does it look to you now? For me, I can see everything and it seems to work the same as the standard player.

TM_ wrote:

It's now much better, but there is still a small detail, which is wrong. Compare the outlines of the waves and of the grass in the original one and in the testplayer. The testplayer waves and grass have pixelated outlines and they also have different colors. In the original one you see dark green blades of grass. In the testplayer they have light green outlines and have less contrast to the grass-background.
Only the blades of grass and waves have these strange outlines. All other objects, which are also stamped, have normal outlines. Maybe because the waves and blades of grass are grouped in the vector editor? Because other stuff isn't grouped.

tatecar
Scratcher
11 posts

More testing please!

Let me work mp3 music!
CPdude97
Scratcher
3 posts

More testing please!

change [ Awesome] to (10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000)
rylie100
Scratcher
19 posts

More testing please!

Well I have way more bugs than you think. When I do

If:
answer yes

Then:
you win
when I do that never happens!
baseball_player
Scratcher
36 posts

More testing please!

<-
(that one)
        i wonder how to put a picture on my blue scratch frame
TheGamer6789
Scratcher
4 posts

More testing please!

I have a suggestion you should make the editors more decorative instead of just white.
Sonickyle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More testing please!

People please stop spamming this topic. You've gone really off-topic.

No I don't make projects anymore. I left some time ago.
I only check the forums every now and then, but other than that consider me retired.
Sonickyle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More testing please!

Alright, here are my specs:
  • My browser / operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Service Pack 1, Chrome 31.0.1650.63, Flash 11.7 (release 700)
  • Intel Pentium CPU PG200 @ 2.13 GHz 2.13GHz (Duel-Core)
  • 4.00 GB RAM (3.68 GB Usable)
  • Intel HD Graphics
I've done some more testing and I've noticed that the new player uses less CPU (~25% less on Patapony, which has quite a few ghost and resize effects), but takes slightly longer to render an effect (smooth fades stutter).

No I don't make projects anymore. I left some time ago.
I only check the forums every now and then, but other than that consider me retired.