Discuss Scratch

NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

I've been working on reskinning TheMonsterOfTheDeep's custom reporter extension so it looks more like the interface for creating actual custom blocks.
Try it out here!


Here are some screenshots of my progress:
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

https://github.com/LLK/scratchx/issues/24 Ughhh
But imo that looks even better than the Scratch dialog

Last edited by Jonathan50 (May 25, 2016 05:56:54)


Paddle2See wrote:

AT is for advanced Scratch - and non-Scratch topics.
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

Jonathan50 wrote:

https://github.com/LLK/scratchx/issues/24 Ughhh
Is it not opening for you? Lame. I probs should've tested it in other browsers. Are you getting any other errors like in the console and stuff?

Jonathan50 wrote:

But imo that looks even better than the Scratch dialog
Lol thanks, I just hacked together chunks of Pixie and Scratchblocks until it did what I wanted
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

NickyNouse wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

https://github.com/LLK/scratchx/issues/24 Ughhh
Is it not opening for you? Lame. I probs should've tested it in other browsers. Are you getting any other errors like in the console and stuff?
No, it isn't your fault. The ScratchX editor doesn't load at all.

Paddle2See wrote:

AT is for advanced Scratch - and non-Scratch topics.
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

Jonathan50 wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

Jonathan50 wrote:

https://github.com/LLK/scratchx/issues/24 Ughhh
Is it not opening for you? Lame. I probs should've tested it in other browsers. Are you getting any other errors like in the console and stuff?
No, it isn't your fault. The ScratchX editor doesn't load at all.
phew. that's lame but at least I don't have to fix it

goshdarned 60 second rule
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

Updated:
  • no checkboxes next to parameters
  • reordered blocks to be less confusing
  • added space between each custom block's blocks
  • added tilde to beginning of parameter names to make them easier to differentiate
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

I don't think I actually ever made the dialog do anything…

But thanks for this, this is cool. I'm really bad at HTML/CSS so I don't think I could do this…

I really do need to rework some of the code behind the extension, though… it doesn't work very well right now.

i use too many pointers
left = expr_eval( ((expr**)(((expr**)data)[0])->data)[0], x);
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

I don't think I actually ever made the dialog do anything…

But thanks for this, this is cool. I'm really bad at HTML/CSS so I don't think I could do this…

I really do need to rework some of the code behind the extension, though… it doesn't work very well right now.
what matters is that it works lol
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

I don't think I actually ever made the dialog do anything…

But thanks for this, this is cool. I'm really bad at HTML/CSS so I don't think I could do this…

I really do need to rework some of the code behind the extension, though… it doesn't work very well right now.
what matters is that it works lol
Except it doesn't - the reload block will create duplicate reporters and I have no idea how those will behave.

i use too many pointers
left = expr_eval( ((expr**)(((expr**)data)[0])->data)[0], x);
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

I don't think I actually ever made the dialog do anything…

But thanks for this, this is cool. I'm really bad at HTML/CSS so I don't think I could do this…

I really do need to rework some of the code behind the extension, though… it doesn't work very well right now.
what matters is that it works lol
Except it doesn't - the reload block will create duplicate reporters and I have no idea how those will behave.
you could assign each custom reporter a number ID instead of using its name as its name, then they'll probably only look like duplicates
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

I don't think I actually ever made the dialog do anything…

But thanks for this, this is cool. I'm really bad at HTML/CSS so I don't think I could do this…

I really do need to rework some of the code behind the extension, though… it doesn't work very well right now.
what matters is that it works lol
Except it doesn't - the reload block will create duplicate reporters and I have no idea how those will behave.
you could assign each custom reporter a number ID instead of using its name as its name, then they'll probably only look like duplicates
Well I actually have no idea why that happens in the original script, because I was looking through it earlier today and it seems that it should just overwrite the old one… maybe it just adds duplicate blocks somehow?

Anyways I'm redoing them sortof so that should be fun.

i use too many pointers
left = expr_eval( ((expr**)(((expr**)data)[0])->data)[0], x);
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

I don't think I actually ever made the dialog do anything…

But thanks for this, this is cool. I'm really bad at HTML/CSS so I don't think I could do this…

I really do need to rework some of the code behind the extension, though… it doesn't work very well right now.
what matters is that it works lol
Except it doesn't - the reload block will create duplicate reporters and I have no idea how those will behave.
you could assign each custom reporter a number ID instead of using its name as its name, then they'll probably only look like duplicates
Well I actually have no idea why that happens in the original script, because I was looking through it earlier today and it seems that it should just overwrite the old one… maybe it just adds duplicate blocks somehow?

Anyways I'm redoing them sortof so that should be fun.
ooh lemme know how that goes
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

I don't think I actually ever made the dialog do anything…

But thanks for this, this is cool. I'm really bad at HTML/CSS so I don't think I could do this…

I really do need to rework some of the code behind the extension, though… it doesn't work very well right now.
what matters is that it works lol
Except it doesn't - the reload block will create duplicate reporters and I have no idea how those will behave.
you could assign each custom reporter a number ID instead of using its name as its name, then they'll probably only look like duplicates
Well I actually have no idea why that happens in the original script, because I was looking through it earlier today and it seems that it should just overwrite the old one… maybe it just adds duplicate blocks somehow?

Anyways I'm redoing them sortof so that should be fun.
ooh lemme know how that goes
It's going really well so far - everything is working except for reloading blocks with arguments and escaped characters, but I really need to go to bed so I can't work on it right now.

i use too many pointers
left = expr_eval( ((expr**)(((expr**)data)[0])->data)[0], x);
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

^ I lied I stayed up and fixed it

sort of - there are still problems (it reloads parameters for blocks that shouldn't be reloaded and escapes still don't work)

i use too many pointers
left = expr_eval( ((expr**)(((expr**)data)[0])->data)[0], x);
savaka
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

Once this is finished make sure you submit it
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

savaka wrote:

Once this is finished make sure you submit it
will do
IIGunnerII
Scratcher
24 posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

it only works on google chrome, i think

Click Here –>ScratchTeam<– Click Here
(Deleted)
Search lRGUNNERIIIIIGG—–SCRATCH if you want to find my posts (well kinda)
IIGunnerII
Scratcher
24 posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

IIGunnerII wrote:

it only works on google chrome, i think
and also every-time i try to make a Boolean, it's just a reporter
i think you should fix those

Click Here –>ScratchTeam<– Click Here
(Deleted)
Search lRGUNNERIIIIIGG—–SCRATCH if you want to find my posts (well kinda)
NitroCipher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

How did you program the dialog boxes to look like they do in base scratch? I am currently working on an extension that would use things like that.

I hope my post helped you in some way! Post count: 200+

Current project: [Pokemon FireRed] ::extension //https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/210324/
This is my signature identifier “aWFtbml0cm9jaXBoZXI=”
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Custom Reporters with Dialog Box

NitroCipher wrote:

How did you program the dialog boxes to look like they do in base scratch? I am currently working on an extension that would use things like that.
Here's my code to make the dialog box:
https://github.com/Airhogs777/custom-reporters/blob/gh-pages/customreporters.css
https://github.com/Airhogs777/custom-reporters/blob/gh-pages/dialog.html

the dialogs are adapted from Pixie, which is Scratch 2.0 rewritten in HTML/JS: https://github.com/nathan/pixie

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile