Discuss Scratch

Terrifitastic
Scratcher
100+ posts

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney // Join now!

Lythium wrote:

All right, since all members have voted, sprite A wins by 2 votes!
._.

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

Found this.
Bumping this up.

MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Proposal:

Phoenix Wright; Ace Attorney: Verdicts of Vengeance

OVERARCHING PLOT

One of Phoenix's old enemies from Law School, now a mysterious crime lord, aims to take his vengeance at last. Through a series of extremely carefully planned and supremely convoluted events, he executes his plan to discredit Phoenix once and for all…

CASE 2: Turnabout Gamer
Prosecutor: Winston Payne (no duh)
Defendant: Jamie “Trojan” Lingow
Victim: Ampur “Phoenix” Feck
Real Culprit: Kent Coldatol (“Can't code at all” XD)
Witness:
Dick Gumshoe – Detective

Kent Coldatol – Chief Marketing Officer, External Liaisons Manager, and Co-Founder of AlphaDeck Inc.

BACKGROUND/SITUATION:
AlphaDeck Inc. is a large game development corporation that used to go by the name of “Alpha Gaming Studios”. Recently they have developed a massive Virtual Reality game with a brand new console: the AlphaDeck. It's a dual VR visor/gauntlets system of which the debut product is Alpha Millenium, a dual puzzle/adventure first person platformer. It was designed to be impossible, and AlphaDeck Inc. hosted a competition for ‘young gamers’ to attempt to solve the game prior to its release. As it is an impossible game, this is actually a scam with extremely high entrance fees.

Jamie, gamertag Trojan, is a high school athlete who has not in fact entered any video game tournaments before. However, she has a talent for various sports (parkour, fencing, karate and javelin) and gaming, particularly strategy and action games, so she entered the competition for fun. As the game is impossible to beat, no one could get the prize. When Jamie lost, she allegedly got super upset and killed fellow competitor Ampur “Phoenix” Feck with a karate blow to the throat.

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED:

Jamie is secretly a professional white hat hacker by the name of “Wolf” (XD).

On the competition day, she was at AlphaDeck Inc. headquarters when she realized she was locked inside her room, a game devised by the AlphaDeck people to test what the gamers would do. Various escape routes were provided including an easy-to-unlock window, an exhaust vent, and certain others, but Jamie realized the door was electronic and reverse engineered the system to let her out, giving her access to a confidential area. She accidentally finds out the game is impossible, and pretends to stay stuck in her room, bruising her hand in the process when she shuts the door again and the electromagnets engage. Therefore, she hacks into the system to create a few cheat codes in the game.

During the competition, she excels along with a few others including Ampur, and when she reaches the impossible level, she uses the cheat code to discretely amplify the force of her jumps, allowing her to beat the level. But since it was impossible to beat and no further win screen or anything was programmed, the game crashed and all the competitors were sent back to their rooms.

AlphaDeck Inc. had offered an unrealistically massive prize for winning, and were worried that they'd actually have to give it to her. They devised a plan to pretend it was a game problem and that Jamie didn't actually beat the game, but Ampur, having the room right next to them, overheard the plan. He decided to tell Jamie. Unfortunately, he had previously been cold, arrogant and condescending towards Jamie, and she immediately assumed Ampur is there to taunt her.

AlphaDeck workers got into the room, intending to knock them both out so that they can erase their memories. During this period Ampur escaped and runs out of the room, but Kent, intending to hit him in the head, accidentally crushed his throat instead. Jamie lost her memory of everything past the game crashing, and assumed that she lost.

FUNNY QUOTES/RUNNING GAGS:
Jamie: I do parkour in my free time, so most of the beginning levels weren't hard.
Phoenix: Hold on a minute – just because you can jump over stuff doesn't mean you can defeat all those enemies.
Jamie: I'm part of my school's fencing team.
Phoenix: But you only had a melee weapon in the middle levels!
Jamie: I do javelin for track and field season.
Phoenix: (What happened to stuff like soccer these days…?) Oh.
Payne: Moving on… the defendant killed the victim in anger.
Judge: Wait – what was the murder method?
Payne: Err… autopsy shows a blow to the throat. Judging by the defendant's bruised hand, it was with her fist.
Jamie: I am also a black belt in karate.
Payne: The victim was a professional gamer named Ampur Feck. Defendant, would you like to state your relationship with the victim?
Jamie: Phoenix Wright? He's an arrogant, annoying, incompetent noob.
Phoenix: W..wait… WHAT!??? (What did I ever do…?)
Judge: Defendant, please explain your relationship with the defense attorney.
Payne: Your honor, she means the victim. She said, ‘Phoenix, right?’, not ‘Phoenix Wright’. The victim's gamertag was “Phoenix”. The defense simply makes it inconvenient for this trial.
Phoenix: (Now you're blaming it on me?)

Characters:
Jamie Lingow
Jamie is first introduced as the defendant in the tutorial trial: Turnabout Gamer. She is a champion athlete and video gaming prodigy, having been able to complete the ‘impossible’ platformer Alpha Millenium through a combination of sporting and gaming skills, and had won many sporting awards. She is talented at parkour, fencing, javelin and karate, and of course gaming. She goes by the gamertag “Trojan” (trojan horse reference) and the hacker name of “Wolf”.

Jamie is very intelligent and uses a lot of sports, hacking and gaming jargon. Sometimes this means people don't understand her, so she has to rephrase herself quite often. She's mischievous, amiable and cheerful, but gets nervous easily and is a bad liar.

Jamie returns in future cases whenever Phoenix needs advice on either sports, gaming, or some dodgy hacking services.

Last edited by MicroWolf (April 10, 2016 15:24:36)

Under Reconstruction
MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

Okay, I have a suggestion.
I already told you that we're following original storylines, so how about we rename Jamie to Athena Cykes?
Everything else remains the same. The personality, the codename, everything. Just a name (and most likely appearance) change.
Okay, new suggestion:

We move this case to Case 2, make Athena Jamie again, and put Athena as the defendant of Case 1 (tutorial).

You're right, this is a bit too complex for the tutorial. And this way there's an investigation phase for Case 2 (I actually like this idea).

Under Reconstruction
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
The game begins in medias res, with a picture of an exploding school, and Phoenix shouting ‘Trucy!!’
The game then cuts back 3 months ago, to the first case.
Case 1: Turnabout Express
Defendant: Athena Cykes
Victim: Mallery Newark
Witnesses: Detective Dick Gumshoe, Mark Izstubi (Is stupid)
Prosecutor: Winston Payne

BACKSTORY:
Phoenix is called to defend his protege, Athena Cykes, in a murder case, in which she is accused of pushing someone in front of a train. Athena was meeting up with a witness for a case near a railroad, however, the witness insulted her, causing Athena to fly into a rage and push her in front of an oncoming train.

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED:
Mark Izstubi is the real murderer. He was an old rival of Athena from college, and accidentally stumbled onto Mallery and Athena's conversation. He created a distraction, causing Athena to go investigate, and using this opportunity, he killed Mallery by pushing her onto the tracks (He was wearing gloves at the time). However, his own hand got hit by the train, breaking his arm. He then called the police, and pinned it all on Athena.

Last edited by Lythium (April 10, 2016 10:07:18)

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NEW POLL!

MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A

Under Reconstruction
Invisblemario
Scratcher
100+ posts

B (A seems a bit too “evil/crazy” in my opinion)

Hi!
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(you meet me) = [true]> then
say [Hi!]
end
end
Cr38or
Scratcher
100+ posts

MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

B's mustache puts me off, and the fact that he looks too much like Edgeworth.

Under Reconstruction
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Art Department:
Your job is not simple. We need you to create a talking, sweating (scared), thinking, surprised, happy, angry, excited and shocked version of this sprite:

The yellow coat must be black, the tie must be dark grey, and the hair must be light gray.
If you can't create original sprites, then simply recolor this.

Last edited by Lythium (April 10, 2016 16:16:37)

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Riddle of the Day!
Basically, to keep you guys active, I'm gonna give you a new riddle everyday, so you can test your wits. Work together to find the solution!

MicroWolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

Riddle of the Day!
Basically, to keep you guys active, I'm gonna give you a new riddle everyday, so you can test your wits. Work together to find the solution!
…What is it?

Under Reconstruction
Firewhale
Scratcher
1000+ posts

B for the poll

Offtropical Island. Check it out. \/

Banner by aleynesansonnet
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

Art Department:
Your job is not simple. We need you to create a talking, sweating (scared), thinking, surprised, happy, angry, excited and shocked version of this sprite:

The yellow coat must be black, the tie must be dark grey, and the hair must be light gray.
Does she have to be talking in all the sprites? Also, do you need a resting version? Vector or bitmap? I can get started after that.
Invisblemario
Scratcher
100+ posts

rainbow_waves wrote:

Lythium wrote:

Art Department:

Does she have to be talking in all the sprites? Also, do you need a resting version? Vector or bitmap? I can get started after that.
In my opinion vector is better and fits the art style but it's up to Lythium.

Hi!
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(you meet me) = [true]> then
say [Hi!]
end
end
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Invisblemario wrote:

rainbow_waves wrote:

Lythium wrote:

Art Department:
snip

In my opinion vector is better and fits the art style but it's up to Lythium.
Yeah. I'm doing vector right now, but I'm not very far along so I can start over.
Doni124
Scratcher
500+ posts

Lythium wrote:

Art Department:

Sounds good i'll get started on it as soon as I can