cheese-duck wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
A sort of Earthbound-esque town/battle/whatever thing
But the highlight?
A certain song.
It's a sort of anti-Pollyanna, complete with lyrics in the soundtrack.
I kinda just wanna make it for kicks but my composing isn't the best (i can kinda…) and I don't know about.. singing.
Anyone wanna maybe collab on this?

What do you mean, anti-Pollyanna? Does the song sound anything like the opposite of Pollyanna or are the lyrics an opposite of Pollyanna?
Both. Very both. A pessimistic, minor key, wistful and a bit reluctant.
Yes I'm in for this
“I don't believe the morning sun
Ever gonna rise again
We'll be stuck in eternal darkness
Like humanity deserves”

I’m imagining it like a slower and quieter version of Pollyanna, kind of like the version that plays in Ness’s house, but even softer.
“I don’t believe the morning sun
Don’t think it will never rise again
We deserve to be stuck in darkness
Like a new moon that never ends…”
“Well, I don't believe in miracles
Nobody's shown me proof
There's just no silver lining
but why do I have hope for you?”
OR
“There's just no hope for me and you.”

I like the little twist of gaining a little hope.
But Then again, sticking with the negativity would be more anti, y'know?

I think the first two times they said “And that's why I believe in you” in the original song they would say “There's just no hope for me and you” but then they'd change to “But why do I have hope for you?” at the very end to show that they would start to change their mind.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
But the highlight?
A certain song.
I kinda just wanna make it for kicks but my composing isn't the best (i can kinda…) and I don't know about.. singing.

What do you mean, anti-Pollyanna? Does the song sound anything like the opposite of Pollyanna or are the lyrics an opposite of Pollyanna?
Yes I'm in for this
Ever gonna rise again
Like humanity deserves”

I’m imagining it like a slower and quieter version of Pollyanna, kind of like the version that plays in Ness’s house, but even softer.
Nobody's shown me proof
OR

I think the first two times they said “And that's why I believe in you” in the original song they would say “There's just no hope for me and you” but then they'd change to “But why do I have hope for you?” at the very end to show that they would start to change their mind.
yess
i can see- er… hear it now!
we should make this…
credit all of us as lyricists
someone can make the music…
yessssssssssssssss

Domo arigato.
CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

can i just say

we need more fruit kids

Domo arigato.
Generic_Joke2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Well, I'm waiting on Mother 4 so uhhh…..
CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

wait
isn't that a fangame

Domo arigato.
birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

wait
isn't that a fangame
Yeah

Am I the only person who likes 3.0 better than 2.0, or do the people who do just not talk about it?
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
But the highlight?
A certain song.

Yes I'm in for this
Ever gonna rise again
Like humanity deserves”

Nobody's shown me proof
OR

yess
we should make this…
yessssssssssssssss
i'll do the composition… maybe
depends on how much time i have lol
CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
But the highlight?
A certain song.

Yes I'm in for this
Ever gonna rise again
Like humanity deserves”

Nobody's shown me proof
OR

yess
we should make this…
yessssssssssssssss
i'll do the composition… maybe
depends on how much time i have lol
yesssssss
yessss
yesss
maybe we can design a town with it too.
i swear that wasn't a “giygas repeats ‘ness’ over and over” reference

Domo arigato.
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

BLUE-HOODIE wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

ok conspiracy theory time: i think they might release mother 3 in the west sometime next year because its the 30th anniversary of the series, and also have porky as dlc in smash ultimate (he doesnt have a spirit or boss or assist trophy

2019 is also year of the Pig, which is even more evidence
AND 2020 is 25th anniversary of EarthBound so if there’s gonna be a port on the switch for that they may as well make a mother 3 port. And I really hope it does come out, because playing a fan translation won’t feel the same….
tbh I think the fan translation has more personality than an official one would have, but I just want to see the game officially released. I wonder if that earthbound direct idea I came up with a few months ago might actually happen

If the EarthBound Direct was a thing, it wouldn’t announce Giegue. I think Giegue is very unlikely to be DLC because he would only work as a Mewtwo Echo and Nintendo said there would be no Echoes in the DLC
i think they would both be semi clones if they were in the base roster, but i agree that they probably wpnt be dlc, because i dont think dlc will have semi clones eother (like dr mario), but when i said that i wonder if itll actually jappen i kust meant a direct in general, not exactly what i said

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I chose the Peanut Cheese Bar. I headcanon the Peanut Cheese Bar is a chocolate(?) bar with peanut bits on top and cheese on the inside, trout yogurt is a gray trout flavored version of Trix Yogurt, And strawberry tofu is pink tofu that is strawberry flavored.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

I chose the Peanut Cheese Bar. I headcanon the Peanut Cheese Bar is a chocolate(?) bar with peanut bits on top and cheese on the inside, trout yogurt is a gray trout flavored version of Trix Yogurt, And strawberry tofu is pink tofu that is strawberry flavored.
I'd rather try strawberry tofu

Domo arigato.
funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

theres 6 moms wow

guys I clowend I accidentally answered E to something I cant change and im getting graded for it oh god please help me
Girls are rude NGL
Im going to propose to my girlfriend by saying: “Are you diamonds, because I want to make you into a sword and kill zombie with it”
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

I didn't know the Starmen had their own Twitter Account. Do all the Earthbound/Mother characters use Twitter, or is it just a few of them?

bottom text
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

I didn't know the Starmen had their own Twitter Account. Do all the Earthbound/Mother characters use Twitter, or is it just a few of them?

It’s not the Starmen, it’s starmen.net (The website)
Now I wonder what the other Mother characters would tweet about if they had Twitter accounts. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by nickeljorn (Dec. 19, 2018 12:03:38)

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

It’s not the Starmen, it’s starmen.net (The website)
Now I wonder what the other Mother characters would tweet about if they had Twitter accounts. Anyone have any ideas?
okay so i'm confirmed blind then

bottom text
birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

Y'know, Starmen.net, the site T O B Y F O X was on!!!!!!!

Am I the only person who likes 3.0 better than 2.0, or do the people who do just not talk about it?
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

Wait hold on but the correct name is “berry Tofu” where'd this straw bit come from

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

SaNs Is NeSs 4 ReAl

guys I clowend I accidentally answered E to something I cant change and im getting graded for it oh god please help me
Girls are rude NGL
Im going to propose to my girlfriend by saying: “Are you diamonds, because I want to make you into a sword and kill zombie with it”
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

funnycoder wrote:

birdoftheday wrote:

SaNs Is NeSs 4 ReAl

r/lostscratchers

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

Hmm I think I might've had strawberry tofu before. If I haven't, I know I've had some kind of fruit tofu. Mango and coconut, probably. It was great.
I'd totally eat the peanut cheese bar, and maybe the trout yogurt if someone dared me…