Discuss Scratch

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

ok conspiracy theory time: i think they might release mother 3 in the west sometime next year because its the 30th anniversary of the series, and also have porky as dlc in smash ultimate (he doesnt have a spirit or boss or assist trophy

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

ok conspiracy theory time: i think they might release mother 3 in the west sometime next year because its the 30th anniversary of the series, and also have porky as dlc in smash ultimate (he doesnt have a spirit or boss or assist trophy

2019 is also year of the Pig, which is even more evidence

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
BLUE-HOODIE
Scratcher
100+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

AND 2020 is 25th anniversary of EarthBound so if there’s gonna be a port on the switch for that they may as well make a mother 3 port. And I really hope it does come out, because playing a fan translation won’t feel the same….

Last edited by BLUE-HOODIE (Dec. 13, 2018 16:52:42)

H
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In World Of Light Duster’s Battle is really foggy and that reminded me of the Lucas’s Nightmare dream from a few months ago.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

In World Of Light Duster’s Battle is really foggy and that reminded me of the Lucas’s Nightmare dream from a few months ago.
I forgot about that dream lol

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

I forgot about that dream lol

I told my occupational therapist at school about it
I’m pretty sure she doesn’t know what Mother 3 is, but I told her about it anyway.

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I was going to post this a long time ago but never did, oops.
I had an assignment to make a robot in adobe illustrator in one of my classes, so I made a Ninten bot

CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

I had an assignment to make a robot in adobe illustrator in one of my classes, so I made a Ninten bot
that's adorable…
reminds me of that one part in Earthbound…

Domo arigato.
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

awww
though, how would it move with star wheels?
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

awww
though, how would it move with star wheels?
:thinking:

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

That reminds me, I had to make a Scratch project for robotics once, but I got distracted and ended up drawing Ness as a robot in the Scratch vector editor instead. I should show it later.

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BLUE-HOODIE wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

AND 2020 is 25th anniversary of EarthBound so if there’s gonna be a port on the switch for that they may as well make a mother 3 port. And I really hope it does come out, because playing a fan translation won’t feel the same….
tbh I think the fan translation has more personality than an official one would have, but I just want to see the game officially released. I wonder if that earthbound direct idea I came up with a few months ago might actually happen

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

BLUE-HOODIE wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

tbh I think the fan translation has more personality than an official one would have, but I just want to see the game officially released. I wonder if that earthbound direct idea I came up with a few months ago might actually happen

If the EarthBound Direct was a thing, it wouldn’t announce Giegue. I think Giegue is very unlikely to be DLC because he would only work as a Mewtwo Echo and Nintendo said there would be no Echoes in the DLC

CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

I had an idea:
A sort of Earthbound-esque town/battle/whatever thing
But the highlight?
A certain song.
It's a sort of anti-Pollyanna, complete with lyrics in the soundtrack.
I kinda just wanna make it for kicks but my composing isn't the best (i can kinda…) and I don't know about.. singing.
Anyone wanna maybe collab on this?

Domo arigato.
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
But the highlight?
A certain song.
I kinda just wanna make it for kicks but my composing isn't the best (i can kinda…) and I don't know about.. singing.

What do you mean, anti-Pollyanna? Does the song sound anything like the opposite of Pollyanna or are the lyrics an opposite of Pollyanna?

CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
But the highlight?
A certain song.

What do you mean, anti-Pollyanna? Does the song sound anything like the opposite of Pollyanna or are the lyrics an opposite of Pollyanna?
Both. Very both. A pessimistic, minor key, wistful and a bit reluctant.

Domo arigato.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

wow that reminds me of mettaton

bottom text
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
But the highlight?
A certain song.

Yes I'm in for this
“I don't believe the morning sun
Ever gonna rise again
We'll be stuck in eternal darkness
Like humanity deserves”
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheese-duck wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
But the highlight?
A certain song.

Yes I'm in for this
Ever gonna rise again
Like humanity deserves”

I’m imagining it like a slower and quieter version of Pollyanna, kind of like the version that plays in Ness’s house, but even softer.
“I don’t believe the morning sun
Don’t think it will never rise again
We deserve to be stuck in darkness
Like a new moon that never ends…”

Last edited by nickeljorn (Dec. 18, 2018 13:03:05)

CrimsonCrusade
Scratcher
500+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CrimsonCrusade wrote:

I had an idea:
But the highlight?
A certain song.

Yes I'm in for this
Ever gonna rise again
Like humanity deserves”

I’m imagining it like a slower and quieter version of Pollyanna, kind of like the version that plays in Ness’s house, but even softer.
“I don’t believe the morning sun
Don’t think it will never rise again
We deserve to be stuck in darkness
Like a new moon that never ends…”
“Well, I don't believe in miracles
Nobody's shown me proof
There's just no silver lining
but why do I have hope for you?”
OR
“There's just no hope for me and you.”

I like the little twist of gaining a little hope.
But Then again, sticking with the negativity would be more anti, y'know?

Domo arigato.