Discuss Scratch

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

is_yeet_still_funny wrote:

also how do i get those pictures at the bottom of my posts?
it’s a signature. you might want to go to the help forum to get a better explanation, because i suck at explaining things

(they/them)
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

idk what accent ninten would have, but since he has asthma (i think) it would be cool if he used an inhaler in one of his taunts or his idle animation
one of his attacks could be coughing on somebody
the opponent gets the flu

(they/them)
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

the opponent gets the flu
that sounds op

bottom text
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I’m writing a song about the Threed Tent Glitch.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nickeljorn asked for it, and here it is.
The discussion on how everyone got PSI (I barely remember much so you're getting tid-bits of it): So I was having a discussion with my friend about this, and they believed that PSI actually is more of a genetic thing then actually a thing that's taught. So everyone who has PSI in the Mother series just had it because of luck and genetics and stuff. And they thought that the reason Giegue's species was so mad at George for ‘taking’ the secret of PSI is that maybe George took the technology to make it happen. (There's more but I'll scroll back into the discussion later)

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

The discussion on how everyone got PSI (I barely remember much so you're getting tid-bits of it): So I was having a discussion with my friend about this, and they believed that PSI actually is more of a genetic thing then actually a thing that's taught. So everyone who has PSI in the Mother series just had it because of luck and genetics and stuff. And they thought that the reason Giegue's species was so mad at George for ‘taking’ the secret of PSI is that maybe George took the technology to make it happen. (There's more but I'll scroll back into the discussion later)

Hm.
Maybe it’s not just a genetic thing and not just something that’s taught, but a little bit of both? Just an idea.
Also, is this an IRL friend? Nobody I know IRL plays EarthBound. In fact, a kid in my math class once groaned when I mentioned it.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
Generic_Joke2
Scratcher
100+ posts

When the mushrooms appear
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

your controls get messed up

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

And you may or may not be playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate a month before it launches and if you are, please please please let the world know that The Grinch Leak was just made up by someone who wanted to cause a media circus because they were as cuddly as a cactus a being of pure evil.
Now that the Grinch leak, real or not real, went down in the history of the universe as something that actually happened, it’s perfectly acceptable to reference The Grinch without context…right?

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

And you may or may not be playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate a month before it launches and if you are, please please please let the world know that The Grinch Leak was just made up by someone who wanted to cause a media circus because they were as cuddly as a cactus a being of pure evil.
Now that the Grinch leak, real or not real, went down in the history of the universe as something that actually happened, it’s perfectly acceptable to reference The Grinch without context…right?
right?

(they/them)
Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

Isn't Lucas taught How to use PSI in mother 3?

Smug scottish ego
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryasis wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

yeah, he is

(they/them)
is_yeet_still_funny
Scratcher
9 posts

SolarKnight wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

yeah, he is
Ionia kinda just drowned taught him in a hot spring, and then he learned PK Love α
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

yeah, he is
Ionia kinda just drowned taught him in a hot spring, and then he learned PK Love α
“drowned” if you know what I mean

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

yeah, he is

I do know what you mean. There’s actually a really similar scene in XY.
That’s just completely accidental though. I think Itoi said that a while ago.
But maybe it’s still a mix of genetics and something that’s taught. Like maybe Lucas got genes that made him have PSI that was definitely much stronger than, say, Duster’s or Boney’s (Does EVERY ORGANISM in the Mother universe have PSI, but some are just stronger than others? Or do most of the organisms have no PSI at all?) but he could only really use it when and if he did special training with Ionia. And some characters have genes that make then learn it way earlier, and some are just never able to learn it at all…
We should write a fanfiction about this, it seems like a really interesting world-building element even though Itoi never really went into it much.

Last edited by nickeljorn (Oct. 27, 2018 13:30:43)

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

yeah, he is

But maybe it’s still a mix of genetics and something that’s taught. Like maybe Lucas got genes that made him have PSI that was definitely much stronger than, say, Duster’s or Boney’s (Does EVERY ORGANISM in the Mother universe have PSI, but some are just stronger than others? Or do most of the organisms have no PSI at all?) but he could only really use it when and if he did special training with Ionia. And some characters have genes that make then learn it way earlier, and some are just never able to learn it at all…
We should write a fanfiction about this, it seems like a really interesting world-building element even though Itoi never really went into it much.
what if it’s like the force?

(they/them)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

yeah, he is

What do you mean?

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Chuggaconroy uploaded his last bonus video on Earthbound, it's sad to see that his EB letsplay is over.
Anyway, I didn't know that the picture in the opening of Earthbound is possibly(?) an actual location. I always thought it was some really good pixel art.

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

Ryasis wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

yeah, he is

What do you mean?
like the hecking midi chlorians or whatever in the force for star wars

(they/them)