Earthbound/Mother: The Topic

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

TheSpanishDan wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

wow, normally we're talking about mom on the pokemon topic but now we're talking about pokemon on the mom topic

yeah you'd probably get made fun of for playing anything other than fortnite and apex legends at my school lol

But everyone knows that real gamers play harry potter: hogwarts mystery
ew no, real gamers play call of duty on the ds
you disgust me with your puny casual games. real gamers play The Bee Movie Game on the nintendo Dual Screen

edit: i actually have the bee movie game lol. got it used for 5 bucks
Ha! You peasants! Real gamers have Grand Theft Auto on their GBC!
only REAL gamers play Aladdin's wonders of the World on the V-Smile
REAL TRUE gamers play Hotel Mario
supreme gamers play Acton 52 on Genesis
Xtreme gamers play Battle for Bikini Bottom on the DS

Am I the only person who likes 3.0 better than 2.0, or do the people who do just not talk about it?
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

TheSpanishDan wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

wow, normally we're talking about mom on the pokemon topic but now we're talking about pokemon on the mom topic

yeah you'd probably get made fun of for playing anything other than fortnite and apex legends at my school lol

you disgust me with your puny casual games. real gamers play The Bee Movie Game on the nintendo Dual Screen

Real gamers play chess.
birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

(Don't read if you don't know the story to all three games)

Millions of years after Pokey is locked in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, he becomes thin and deformed, and his skin loses its color due to lack of exposure to sunlight and lack of physical activity. He develops extremely powerful PSI and learns the ability to travel in time. He warps back to the time period we know as the early 1900s, where an alien mothership takes his frail body into their care and starts to raise him as “Giygas” to become their supreme commander. He soon develops an emotional bond with two humans they captured, and from them he experiences love and kindness for the first time for millions of years. But the male betrays the ship, and in response Pokey is ordered to invade Earth. He is stopped by a boy who looks very much like his former friend Ness, who sings the song his “mother” used to sing to him. Defeated for the last time, Pokey sets out to become a Universal Cosmic Destroyer and destroy his former self to prevent the suffering he has experienced. However, he becomes insane from the pressure, and Pokey's attempt is turned back on itself, resulting in his own final destruction.

Am I the only person who likes 3.0 better than 2.0, or do the people who do just not talk about it?
LukeyD07
Scratcher
62 posts

You know what I think is stupid? They won't release Mother 3 on Switch because it's too “controversial”, but they put a South Park game on there.

If I could upload an “Outstanding Move” image right here, I would.

My name is Lukey and this is my forum signature thank you I love you
birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

LukeyD07 wrote:

You know what I think is stupid? They won't release Mother 3 on Switch because it's too “controversial”, but they put a South Park game on there.

Are you sure that's why they won't release it?

Also,

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LukeyD07 wrote:

And what about Mortal Kombat 11 or Bayonetta 2? The latter was even a Wii U exclusive.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

Yeah, it seems very odd that would be the reason. I think the reason that makes the most sense for me is all the music references.

birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

birdoftheday wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

Yeah, it seems very odd that would be the reason. I think the reason that makes the most sense for me is all the music references.
Maybe it’s for business…localizing, from scratch, an almost 15 year old sequel to an even older game that flopped in America doesn’t sound like it would fly at the management meeting.

Anyway, I found this fascinating piece of lore from wikibound:
There, he was ordered by a group of aliens to raise Giygas, one of their younger aliens, so that he had a concept of love to harness PSI.
Interesting…you need love in order to use PSI. Does that mean Starmen can love?

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

Millions of years after Pokey is locked in the Absolutely Safe Capsule, he becomes thin and deformed, and his skin loses its color due to lack of exposure to sunlight and lack of physical activity. He develops extremely powerful PSI and learns the ability to travel in time. He warps back to the time period we know as the early 1900s, where an alien mothership takes his frail body into their care and starts to raise him as “Giygas” to become their supreme commander. He soon develops an emotional bond with two humans they captured, and from them he experiences love and kindness for the first time for millions of years. But the male betrays the ship, and in response Pokey is ordered to invade Earth. He is stopped by a boy who looks very much like his former friend Ness, who sings the song his “mother” used to sing to him. Defeated for the last time, Pokey sets out to become a Universal Cosmic Destroyer and destroy his former self to prevent the suffering he has experienced. However, he becomes insane from the pressure, and Pokey's attempt is turned back on itself, resulting in his own final destruction.
why do all the theories about porky end up with him in a time loop lol

(they/them)
Truck11111
Scratcher
1000+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

birdoftheday wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

Maybe it’s for business…localizing, from scratch, an almost 15 year old sequel to an even older game that flopped in America doesn’t sound like it would fly at the management meeting.

Anyway, I found this fascinating piece of lore from wikibound:
There, he was ordered by a group of aliens to raise Giygas, one of their younger aliens, so that he had a concept of love to harness PSI.
Interesting…you need love in order to use PSI. Does that mean Starmen can love?
i guess

sufferin' succotash!
birdoftheday
Scratcher
500+ posts

I just beat Mother! Now I will play 3 and finish it so I can say I beat all three!

Undermemes
Scratcher
500+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

TrashDad wrote:

guys i did the dumbest thing ever.
i figured out a way to get past the school laptop restrictions and i was playing mother 3 today, my mom SCREAAAAmEEED my name and she got a call form the school saying that i downloaded illegal files (pirating) and if i did it again i would be kicked out.
my mom thought i downloaded a bunch of…uhh….“special videos for special times” and she yelled through the entire thing, which means my entire family heard it, which means they all think i did that. frick-

Explain to her that you weren’t doing anything illegal (Downloading ROMs isn’t illegal. It’s just that distributing them is illegal)
ya tell that to Nintendo

i am not making projects anymore but i am very active in the forums so meet me there
The forums i am on
The beepbox.co forum
The mother/earthbound forum
The undertale forum
The deltarune forum
The sonic the hedgehog forum
The Bosca Ceoil forum… ya thats about it… Topic's that i made The BassoonTracker Topic
Truck11111
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

birdoftheday wrote:

why do all the theories about porky end up with him in a time loop lol
because being in a time loop is very fun

sufferin' succotash!
Undermemes
Scratcher
500+ posts

birdoftheday wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

TheSpanishDan wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

REAL TRUE SUPREME XTREME GAMERS PLAY HALO ON THE ATARI 2600!

i am not making projects anymore but i am very active in the forums so meet me there
The forums i am on
The beepbox.co forum
The mother/earthbound forum
The undertale forum
The deltarune forum
The sonic the hedgehog forum
The Bosca Ceoil forum… ya thats about it… Topic's that i made The BassoonTracker Topic
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Undermemes wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

TrashDad wrote:

guys i did the dumbest thing ever.
i figured out a way to get past the school laptop restrictions and i was playing mother 3 today, my mom SCREAAAAmEEED my name and she got a call form the school saying that i downloaded illegal files (pirating) and if i did it again i would be kicked out.
my mom thought i downloaded a bunch of…uhh….“special videos for special times” and she yelled through the entire thing, which means my entire family heard it, which means they all think i did that. frick-

Explain to her that you weren’t doing anything illegal (Downloading ROMs isn’t illegal. It’s just that distributing them is illegal)
ya tell that to Nintendo
either way, I don't think she cared about the pirating part, if she even heard that part. I think she thought they were something else, not a game at all

(they/them)
Truck11111
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Undermemes wrote:

birdoftheday wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

Dan-The-Squid wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

TheSpanishDan wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

REAL TRUE SUPREME XTREME GAMERS PLAY HALO ON THE ATARI 2600!
nah, they play king dedede's mean bean machine on the ps4

sufferin' succotash!
Generic_Joke2
Scratcher
100+ posts

LukeyD07 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

TheSpanishDan wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Bruh Real gamers have Doom on their Snees O_O
actually i'm pretty ticked off that they didn't have Doom, Sim City, or Final Fight on the SNES classic

But Doom would probably give the SNES Classic an M Rating, and it probably wasn’t there because Nintendo was scared fewer people would buy it if it had an M rating
They could've at least toned down the blood.
Ugh I hate when peopple say “Nintendo is really about E for Everyone” Please explain how a Rockstar game got on the switch and Bayonetta and a SImulator where you do suggestive things? They can bring mother 3 over here but they're just too lasy and the Suggestive topics of mother 3 really aren't that bad. Its basically a big feel game
Generic_Joke2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

TheSpanishDan wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

actually i'm pretty ticked off that they didn't have Doom, Sim City, or Final Fight on the SNES classic

But Doom would probably give the SNES Classic an M Rating, and it probably wasn’t there because Nintendo was scared fewer people would buy it if it had an M rating
Ugh I hate when peopple say “Nintendo is really about E for Everyone” Please explain how a Rockstar game got on the switch and Bayonetta and a SImulator where you do suggestive things? They can bring mother 3 over here but they're just too lasy and the Suggestive topics of mother 3 really aren't that bad. Its basically a big feel game
Nintendo has changed from becoming kid friendly since MK2 came out of the SNES, heck even Resident Evil came out o fthe N64
TrashDad
Scratcher
55 posts

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

Generic_Joke2 wrote:

LukeyD07 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

TheSpanishDan wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

mother 3 was a game.
yeah.
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump
I found a remix of Memory of Life and I love it, it sounds very mysterious.. (Here's the remix by the way)
I've been talking a lot about the Mother series' music lately.. I guess I enjoy the music? Heh.