Discuss Scratch

lugga
Scratcher
500+ posts

I made a kid safe, no ad image hosting website. Would anyone be instrested in me working on this further?

MooShoeGaming wrote:

DatOneLefty wrote:

cool! im making a system that runs on UUIDs and puts the photo inside that folder. tell me if you want to use it

chooper100 wrote:

Nice, but the ST has already stated that they will not whitelist peoples' own image hosts (there is an article but I can't be bothered to find it )

Also, the link at the top of the page needs to have https:// in front of it

If you want, you can also get free domains at http://www.freenom.com/ - a site which I have used many times previously
I'd recommend checking your website complies with their TOS first: http://www.freenom.com/en/termsandconditions.html

I believe all you would need to do is to set the freenom DNS to point to your current site IP: 162.243.114.182

I don't want a free domain. (I'll take a free subdomain though) Getting a/n (basic) SSL certificate shouldn't be too hard.

The ST seems they don't want someone to wake up one morning with their signature changed to a troll face. I can make sure that does not happen.

I'd love to see that system working! Full support!
I could get you a ‘free’ subdomain hosted on my website.
'free' because you have no control over it :p
By the way my website is: bybbworld.com
I could do :
img.bybbworld.com
sih.bybbworld.com
imagehost.bybbworld.com
Only these three
Your choice if you want it!
MooShoeGaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

I made a kid safe, no ad image hosting website. Would anyone be instrested in me working on this further?

lol I shut it down. No one was using it.

my github | my website | give me an internet
thx to whoever came up with this template for a signature.

MooShoeGaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

lugga wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

DatOneLefty wrote:

cool! im making a system that runs on UUIDs and puts the photo inside that folder. tell me if you want to use it

chooper100 wrote:

Nice, but the ST has already stated that they will not whitelist peoples' own image hosts (there is an article but I can't be bothered to find it )

Also, the link at the top of the page needs to have https:// in front of it

If you want, you can also get free domains at http://www.freenom.com/ - a site which I have used many times previously
I'd recommend checking your website complies with their TOS first: http://www.freenom.com/en/termsandconditions.html

I believe all you would need to do is to set the freenom DNS to point to your current site IP: 162.243.114.182

I don't want a free domain. (I'll take a free subdomain though) Getting a/n (basic) SSL certificate shouldn't be too hard.

The ST seems they don't want someone to wake up one morning with their signature changed to a troll face. I can make sure that does not happen.

I'd love to see that system working! Full support!
I could get you a ‘free’ subdomain hosted on my website.
'free' because you have no control over it :p
By the way my website is: bybbworld.com
I could do :
img.bybbworld.com
sih.bybbworld.com
imagehost.bybbworld.com
Only these three
Your choice if you want it!
I already have my own domain, mooshoe.me.

helloandgoodbye9
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 25:61:61) ͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪ ͣͣͣͣ ͯͯͯͯYes, its above the line)
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MooShoeGaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

herohamp wrote:

Wait were you paying for it?
yea 5 bucks a month from digitalocean. Not that bad of a deal for google grade hardware with Ubuntu.

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .
I might bring it back. (when i have time, I'm packed!)

herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MooShoeGaming wrote:

herohamp wrote:

yea 5 bucks a month from digitalocean. Not that bad of a deal for google grade hardware with Ubuntu.

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .

Was it running other stuff or just this for us?
MooShoeGaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

herohamp wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

herohamp wrote:

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .

Was it running other stuff or just this for us?
just for scratch. anyone could use it though.

Last edited by MooShoeGaming (April 5, 2016 23:02:29)

DaEvilKumquatMaster
New to Scratch
15 posts

Support to bring it back.

GIVE ME YOUR SIGGY!!!
If you see this, I forgot to log out my alt. Also, your siggy has just been eaten. It was delicious!
lugga
Scratcher
500+ posts

MooShoeGaming wrote:

herohamp wrote:

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .
$5 a month?
My website bybbworld.com is 30GB of storage, domain, 50 mailboxes, 5 subdomains, 5 databases, unlimited bandwidth for just £30 a year!
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lugga wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

herohamp wrote:

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .
$5 a month?
My website bybbworld.com is 30GB of storage, domain, 50 mailboxes, 5 subdomains, 5 databases, unlimited bandwidth for just £30 a year!
(For comparison that's about $42 USD)
Woah. Where did you get that?

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
lugga
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tymewalk wrote:

lugga wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

herohamp wrote:

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .
$5 a month?
https://enoi.se/
You don't need to use the wordpress side of it, you can just upload html pages from your computer or code them, sadly I think it's only available in the UK (where I am )
MooShoeGaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

lugga wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

herohamp wrote:

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .
$5 a month?
To tell you the truth, that's a bad deal. Digital ocean and godaddy can give you 30GB of storage, a good gigabyte of ram, google grade hardware a domain, unlimited subdomains (full control) and mailboxes, more bandwidth than you would ever need for about $20 dollars a year.

Ok lets get back on to the topic I might as well host this with gwiddle lol.

herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lugga wrote:

Tymewalk wrote:

lugga wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

herohamp wrote:

helloandgoodbye9 wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I wanted to use it .
$5 a month?
https://enoi.se/
You don't need to use the wordpress side of it, you can just upload html pages from your computer or code them, sadly I think it's only available in the UK (where I am )

What package do you have?
m1ghty_boy
Scratcher
60 posts

MooShoeGaming wrote:

I SHUT THIS DOWN A LONG TIME AGO!!!!!!
Yea you probably don't want to be posting on this thread. With enough support I might bring it back to life.

I still need the ST's approval for this, it won't work for now until they approve it. Help support me get it approved!

Let's face it - we hate TinyPic. And other image hosting services seem to be just as bad with major flaws. And we still need that cool signature we designed.

So that's why I whipped up Scratch Image Host - a free, no ad, and kid safe (no adult content) image hosting website. I manually set up a Apache2 web server and installed the CF Image Hosting Script, an efficient, customizable image host.

I was lazy, so for now you will have to just have to enter this ip instead of a domain: 162.243.114.182

Why Scratch Image Host?
24 / 7 Uptime - Your signature will always work.
Google Grade Hardware - Hosted by digitalocean.com.
Made for Scratchers - Easy, simple, fast. No accounts and recent feed.
Used by Scratchers - Responsible users, not anyone who wants to spam it.
Security - Any legit hackers are going to have a hard time getting past our server's doors. (Note: the website has no SSL certificate right now, so yea anyone can hack it)
No ads - No more accidentally getting malware.

What I Need to Do
Get a domain
Get a SSL certificate.
Make it even easier to use.

Would anyone use this, or would I just be wasting money?

Omg YES! THAT WOULD BE EPIC! NO SIGN UP! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! UR NOT WASTING MONEY THIS IDEA IS EPIC!

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-
My profie! (Click Here!)

My best project yet! (Click here!) (Last updated: 01/04/16)

My most popular project! (Click here!)

Go here: ScratchDex.weebly.com (ScratchDex has since been discontinued but im keeping this here cuz y not)
m1ghty_boy
Scratcher
60 posts

m1ghty_boy wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

Yea you probably don't want to be posting on this thread. With enough support I might bring it back to life.

I still need the ST's approval for this, it won't work for now until they approve it. Help support me get it approved!

Let's face it - we hate TinyPic. And other image hosting services seem to be just as bad with major flaws. And we still need that cool signature we designed.

So that's why I whipped up Scratch Image Host - a free, no ad, and kid safe (no adult content) image hosting website. I manually set up a Apache2 web server and installed the CF Image Hosting Script, an efficient, customizable image host.

I was lazy, so for now you will have to just have to enter this ip instead of a domain: 162.243.114.182

Why Scratch Image Host?
Security - Any legit hackers are going to have a hard time getting past our server's doors. (Note: the website has no SSL certificate right now, so yea anyone can hack it)

What I Need to Do
Get a domain
Get a SSL certificate.

Omg YES! THAT WOULD BE EPIC! NO SIGN UP! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! UR NOT WASTING MONEY THIS IDEA IS EPIC!

PLEASE BRING IT BACK TO LIFE!
WE NEEEEEEEEED IT!!!!!!!!!

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-
My profie! (Click Here!)

My best project yet! (Click here!) (Last updated: 01/04/16)

My most popular project! (Click here!)

Go here: ScratchDex.weebly.com (ScratchDex has since been discontinued but im keeping this here cuz y not)
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

m1ghty_boy wrote:

m1ghty_boy wrote:

MooShoeGaming wrote:

Why Scratch Image Host?

What I Need to Do
Get a domain
Get a SSL certificate.

PLEASE BRING IT BACK TO LIFE!
WE NEEEEEEEEED IT!!!!!!!!!

I will startup one of these once I get a server
jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So the IP is pointing to a server!

Do you have the HTML to put back there? Also, are you using a database (like MySQL) or the file system of your server to store the data?
And to prevent “adult content” there should be a report button.

Here is a question: If somebody reports an image, does it instantly get removed, or only when a moderator sees it?
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

herohamp wrote:

MooShoeGaming can I have the sourcecode for this?
Me too?