Discuss Scratch

MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

ArrowlineDragon wrote:

The reason for there being three tags as opposed to five is because people could spam there projects by using all the tags. If you were looking for a game in the game tag, it could be full of animations/maps! I'm not saying there's nothing nice about more tags, it would be very useful and you can still spam with three tags, but there would be a lot less spam then there would be with five.
NO SUPPORT
Using tag limits to deal with a different underlying problem isn't the way to go I think. Plus, your logic doesn't make a lot of sense. I can still tag a project as “game” “animation” and “map” with the 3 tag limit. Spam won't magically appear if the limit is increased.

To address the issue of spam though, it could be that New Scratchers have the 3 tag limit while Scratchers have 5.

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ArrowlineDragon wrote:

The reason for there being three tags as opposed to five is because people could spam there projects by using all the tags. If you were looking for a game in the game tag, it could be full of animations/maps! I'm not saying there's nothing nice about more tags, it would be very useful and you can still spam with three tags, but there would be a lot less spam then there would be with five.
NO SUPPORT
Using tag limits to deal with a different underlying problem isn't the way to go I think. Plus, your logic doesn't make a lot of sense. I can still tag a project as “game” “animation” and “map” with the 3 tag limit. Spam won't magically appear if the limit is increased.

To address the issue of spam though, it could be that New Scratchers have the 3 tag limit while Scratchers have 5.
^^^
Support for that.
Additionally, perhaps we could make tag spamming against the rules (if it isn't already).

Last edited by DaSpudLord (April 23, 2016 21:27:56)

U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
Abstract-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

DaSpudLord wrote:

MegaApuTurkUltra wrote:

ArrowlineDragon wrote:

NO SUPPORT

^^^
Support for that.
Additionally, perhaps we could make tag spamming against the rules (if it isn't already).
Spam is. Tag spam is spam.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

No support. You should be able to define your projects unique features with three words.
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

Blaze349 wrote:

No support. You should be able to define your projects' unique features with three words.
But what if you aren't able to do that? I don't see anything backing up your claim

Last edited by MegaApuTurkUltra (April 24, 2016 01:06:31)

Bright-Idea
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

Support. Yes, people could spam, but people can always spam. Maybe there should be infinite tags. or, maybe when you're a new scratcher, you only get 3 and when you become a Scratcher you get five. I find that 3 tags doesn't describe my project well enough.

I’m Back!
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

Blaze349 wrote:

You should be able to define your projects unique features with three words.

Bright-Idea wrote:

I find that 3 tags doesn't describe my project well enough.
Case in point

Techno-CAT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

support, also allow two words in a tag, e.g.

windows 10
animated koala
sometimes, separating these can make the search results come up with random stuff, e.g. 10 instead of windows 10
(Windows 10)
Why not? the explore tab allows you to search up tags with multiple words, even though tags can only contain one word and it doesn't separate them,

See what people have created by clicking here.
theonlygusti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

Abstract- wrote:

theonlygusti wrote:

Abstract- wrote:

No Support. I have always been fine with tags. Even when I used to make games.
You may have always been fine with tags, but lots of others clearly aren't. That's like me saying: “Oh, I don't support having a costume editor. I have always been fine with the default costumes.”

Please think through your posts and give detailed reasons for not supporting.
Okay, If you use your tags wisely, 3 is enough. Give me an example project where you would like more. Tell me what they would be.

A long time ago there were 6 tags. They were reduced to 3 cause of spam. (Information from the ST/Scratch Wiki)
Actually it was up to 10 tags per project. No wonder there was spam.

CosmicHamster
Scratcher
100+ posts

5 Project Tags

Do people still care about tags? I've forgotten about them completely…
Anyway, if people care about them that much, then I support.

I'm just a little cosmic hamster from Planet NO, which is in another dimension. Are you, too?
(I'm also a forum lurker…)
#PrayForParis
Check out my games, if you want to. I make sure to share a cool variety, but even though I haven't shared much, I try to make each one count, but they can only count to 7 so far.

Coins ~ Ninety Degrees ~ Spiked Walls ~ Colourz ~ Bubble Popper ~ Candy Thief ~ Gameplace
theonlygusti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5 Project Tags

Support!

Bright-Idea wrote:

Support. Yes, people could spam, but people can always spam. Maybe there should be infinite tags. or, maybe when you're a new scratcher, you only get 3 and when you become a Scratcher you get five. I find that 3 tags doesn't describe my project well enough.