Discuss Scratch

EugenTheBoy
Scratcher
44 posts

Update on volunteer programs

Cool. It's going to select me soon as a Scratch Mentor or helper. Maybe… .

http://scratch.mit.edu/users/EugenTheBoy/

My browser / operating system: Windows XP, Chrome 32.0.1700.76, Flash 12.0 (release 0)
sawe871
Scratcher
34 posts

Although this new program is great, I think we should:

Bring back Community Moderators!
when green flag clicked
repeat until <[community moderators] = [yes]>
think [Sawe871 thinks we should bring back community moderators!]
end
stop [all v]
zionnaedwards505
Scratcher
6 posts

i would luv 2 help
Scratcher
100+ posts

can i be a mentor? i have not been in the scratch community for long, but my understanding with python, javascript and numerous other programming languages means that i understand a lot of things that most scratchers don't. therefore, i would like to get the scratch mentor rank so that i can teach people my knowledge, increasing overall programming knowledge. i would appreciate you to at least consider it!
yours truly,

– 852719

Last edited by 852719 (May 27, 2015 22:48:37)

bruh
Swampert11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ricarose wrote:

Since we retired the community moderators program, we have been working on developing new programs for Scratchers to help out in the community. We wanted to share a few updates about these new programs.

We've asked LiFaytheGoblin, P110, and ErnieParke to serve as the first Scratch Mentors, starting in early 2014. In addition to preparing for the Scratch Mentor role, we'll also be preparing to launch the Scratch Helper program, which will offer several ways Scratchers can help in the community–such as welcoming new Scratchers, providing feedback on new projects, or helping people debug their projects. This program will start in early 2014 too. We look forward to offering these roles in the next few months, so stay tuned!
So, the Welcoming Committee and Scripts Team are part of the Scratch Helper Groups program.

Do you know a good project that doesn't have a lot of attention? Suggest a project to be put in this studio that is unpopular.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Only a Scratcher <——– Please look at it!
___________________________________________________________________________________

;

Swampert11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

852719 wrote:

can i be a mentor? i have not been in the scratch community for long, but my understanding with python, javascript and numerous other programming languages means that i understand a lot of things that most scratchers don't. therefore, i would like to get the scratch mentor rank so that i can teach people my knowledge, increasing overall programming knowledge. i would appreciate you to at least consider it!
yours truly,
Please don't ask to be a Scratch Mentor.

Do you know a good project that doesn't have a lot of attention? Suggest a project to be put in this studio that is unpopular.

;

Swampert11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kaj90 wrote:

ricarose wrote:

Since we retired the community moderators program, we have been working on developing new programs for Scratchers to help out in the community. We wanted to share a few updates about these new programs.

We've asked LiFaytheGoblin, P110, and ErnieParke to serve as the first Scratch Mentors, starting in early 2014. In addition to preparing for the Scratch Mentor role, we'll also be preparing to launch the Scratch Helper program, which will offer several ways Scratchers can help in the community–such as welcoming new Scratchers, providing feedback on new projects, or helping people debug their projects. This program will start in early 2014 too. We look forward to offering these roles in the next few months, so stay tuned!
Will Scratch Helper be an actual rank on Scratch?
Probably not.

;

yellow25
Scratcher
7 posts

ricarose wrote:

\\can I mentor
Swampert11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yellow25 wrote:

ricarose wrote:

\\can I mentor
Please do not ask.

;

Swampert11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EugenTheBoy wrote:

Cool. It's going to select me soon as a Scratch Mentor or helper. Maybe… .
You can be Scratch Helper right now by joining Scripts Team or the Welcoming Committee.

;

Swampert11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zionnaedwards505 wrote:

i would luv 2 help
You can help by joining a program in the Scratch Helper Groups ( Welcoming Committee and/or Scripts Team) .

;

derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Congrats to dolphingirl36 for becoming a Scratch Mentor!

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
Swampert11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

derpmeup wrote:

Where did you get that information?

;

RaiseYourDonger
New to Scratch
1 post

Coolio. Grats.
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Swampert11 wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

Dolphingirl36 commented on LiFaytheGoblin's profile telling them that they became a Scratch Mentor. LiFay is a Scratch Mentor currently. Also, I believe her that she got invited because she curates the Welcoming Committee.

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
Swampert11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

derpmeup wrote:

Swampert11 wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

Dolphingirl36 commented on LiFaytheGoblin's profile telling them that they became a Scratch Mentor. LiFay is a Scratch Mentor currently. Also, I believe her that she got invited because she curates the Welcoming Committee.
I see.

;

tcodina
Scratcher
500+ posts

Interesting. Well, congratulations to the first Scratch mentors! I know I'm a bit late, but I've found this article in the Scratch Wiki and I couldn't resist to post

purplebook163
Scratcher
500+ posts

Where are some places that we can help out?

You can ask me anything, even if it's not Scratch related, on my profile. Use this cloud to write out cloud variables in the forums. ☁

Desktop: My browser/operating system: Windows 7, Firefox 38.0 and/or Chrome 43.0.2357.130, Flash 18.0 (release 0);
Dad's Laptop: My browser/operating system: Windows 7, Firefox 38.0 and/or Chrome, Flash 18.0 (release 0);
Tablet: My browser/operating system: Android Linux 4.4.2, Chrome 43.0.2357.93, No Flash version;
My Lapotop: , Flash 24.0 (release 0)

See a flappy bird game I made. Let me know if you beat my high score of 2!
Bacon_Duck_Bosses
Scratcher
5 posts

scratch isnt working none of the projects work, and it says it isnt supported by adobe flash player
sampathcse16
Scratcher
29 posts

Congrats mentors!

Making games is funny than playing!!
profile | project | site