Discuss Scratch

poopo
Scratcher
100+ posts

I am a Student Filmmaker (All feedback is appreaciated)

I really enjoyed Day on the Mat. Nice use of music and Atlanta's foliage.

I made my profile picture in 2011 when I was 12 and it is by far my greatest artistic achievement.
honesty
Scratcher
100+ posts

Isn't spoofing Empire just remaking Empire.

new research finds italics is cruise control for cool, debunks old caps lock theory
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

honesty wrote:

Isn't spoofing Empire just remaking Empire.
That's poor wording on my part. It's meant to more of a tribute. A study of sorts. But it still has it's jokes here and there. (the lucky horseshoe at the end being the main punchline)

poopo wrote:

I really enjoyed Day on the Mat. Nice use of music and Atlanta's foliage.
Thanks! I've actually practiced Aikido for over a year now. And the Dojo in the film is actually the Dojo I practice at. (I don't appear in the film at all though beside my voice appearing in it here and there when I ask the questions) I made the movie during the Summer, and it took over a month to film, and a week to edit. It was a lot of fun to work on. Especially editing it. I spend my spare time (when I'm not drawing) reediting public domain silent movies, so I thought it was great to edit my own footage. It surprisingly took two days to upload, I'm not kidding. While it was uploading I went to a nearby theater to watch Goldfinger (which was a great film), and when I came back home I saw that it only went 30% through. I think it's mostly because I uploaded it in the highest quality possible.

generosity wrote:

Sakura
Thank you. I recognize it now.
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can I bump after a couple of hours? I'll just add an announcement to make it actually have a point.

New film project guys!

It's right now under the title "Ferox Illusio" (Fierce Illusion). It will be a psychedelic horror film with elements of fantasy being added to the mix. It's mostly meant to be like a very strange nightmare. I already started to write a short story version of it as a base for the script. And it (the film itself) will hopefully be finished by the end of the year. I'll need to find actors though. I will act in it, possibly in multiple roles.
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

My goodness this topic is getting buried.
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump…
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump.
honesty
Scratcher
100+ posts

The appropriate etiquette is to bump about once a day, and a lot of times people delete their old bumps in order to keep threads uncluttered.

new research finds italics is cruise control for cool, debunks old caps lock theory
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

honesty wrote:

The appropriate etiquette is to bump about once a day, and a lot of times people delete their old bumps in order to keep threads uncluttered.
From what I last checked, You can't delete posts, ce n’est pas possible! If I could, I would appear a lot less in this thread.

And also, what you've posted so far doesn't count as feedback. Beside this post you've also just criticized the wording for a post.

Last edited by kingdragon (Oct. 4, 2013 23:02:45)

kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

This is ridiculous.
Bump.
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump… again.

Emphasize on what I said earlier.

Last edited by kingdragon (Oct. 4, 2013 23:57:51)

honesty
Scratcher
100+ posts

kingdragon wrote:

honesty wrote:

And also, what you've posted so far doesn't count as feedback. Beside this post you've also just criticized the wording for a post.
You asked about bumping, I answered (and you still aren't listening to that).

Also, that was more of a joke/observation than criticism. I thought it was good though. Fu Manchu was just sort of awkward, but the rest was well done, I think Day on the Mat was the best.

kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

honesty wrote:

kingdragon wrote:

honesty wrote:

You asked about bumping, I answered (and you still aren't listening to that).

Also, that was more of a joke/observation than criticism. I thought it was good though. Fu Manchu was just sort of awkward, but the rest was well done, I think Day on the Mat was the best.
You mean when I said “Can I bump after a couple of hours?” on the announcement for “Ferox Illusio”. I completely forgot about that. (You could've made it a bit more clear that it was a reply via a quote or something similar. I assumed you where just busting in saying that because I was bumping.) It's not meant to be taken as a serious question. I recall reading somewhere before that there could be a couple of hours between bumps (most likely the Wiki, maybe somewhere else) so I assumed that if you posted in the morning you can post at night or sometime earlier. I'm a little more negative recently because my allergies are just tearing me apart (not emotionally of course, I don't want to start a pity party) I don't know if that actually is seen in my recent posts or not, but if it is, that's why. But my apologies if I looked like if I was ignoring your advice.

Vote for Fu Manchu was a very rushed project. I began on the morning on April the 1st and finished it by the afternoon, and that includes shooting. I was in short rushing it to upload by the night of April 1st. And none of the people who appeared in it had acted before, they're all musicians. I just walked up to them and asked “Hey, I'm making a sketch for April Fools day. Wanna' act in it?” and they all said yes.

Last edited by kingdragon (Oct. 5, 2013 03:43:34)

Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is getting ridiculous with bumpin', to be honest. XD

But anyways, a filmmaker, cool!!! Sometimes I want to mess around with cameras or record something or simply be a cameraman. =w=
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mewly wrote:

This is getting ridiculous with bumpin', to be honest. XD

But anyways, a filmmaker, cool!!! Sometimes I want to mess around with cameras or record something or simply be a cameraman. =w=
It's those gosh darn Mynkraft threads! Theyr evrywere and I cant stup seein' dem! Wy wont yu leeve mi alon Mynkraft!?!?!
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Darn it Mynkraft! I gettin tired of ur mony makin threads and stuf! GRRRRRRRRRR!