1000+ posts

Let's Bring Back clutter.scratch.mit.edu

miniepicness wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

NeoRadium wrote:

I support!

say [sounds good!]
Please say why you support.
I bet he supports it for all the reasons listed before.
But they should still say something to add to discussion.
sw019631
Scratcher
50 posts

Despite the fact that this is a necropost, I SUPPORT!
Learn more by going to my duplicate

my life :: events hat
daily {
think about changing my signature :: sensing
never actually do
sleep :: events
} :: control
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cool idea, I think that I can make an image to show how I think it might look

how about that?

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ehh… Clutter never sounded particularly appealing to me (only 190 people ever signed up, so I guess I'm not alone). I support, merely because I'm not strictly opposed to its removal. I think it should be brought back through the Extensions feature. Here's what I think the blocks should be (I could've probably picked a better color, this one is based off of the Clutter logo):

next project :: #BD38FE
previous project :: #BD38FE
jump to project () :: #BD38FE
skip to project () with message [] :: #BD38FE

Note that I merged story clutters and link clutters together. The last one would be useful for sending data between clutter projects. Also note that none of the blocks say “clutter” in them; since they would be in a “clutter” category, writing it on the blocks would be redundant.

So yeah, +1

Last edited by the2000 (Dec. 31, 2020 01:48:34)

ShyGamer16
Scratcher
500+ posts

You can still access it here. I like the idea of it being a separate website. Though it could be built into studios/galleries maybe. I don't know.

ShyGamer16
Scratcher
500+ posts

Buyp!

Last edited by ShyGamer16 (Dec. 31, 2020 17:52:59)

DragonfruitTV
Scratcher
40 posts

Strong support.
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think that clutters would be cool if they were part of the normal site and not a new site. I made how I think clutter should be in 2021 here

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The whole idea of clutter isn't enough to have it's own website, clutter should come back in some capacity, but it should be a part of the main site.

made with the power of inspect element

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Clicker_Games_Box
Scratcher
44 posts

That sounds like a nice idea

when I receive [someone is reading this v]
switch costume to [*mild frustration* v]
say [Leave!] for (a lot of) secs
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FireNinjaGAME wrote:

I support! Or at least add the functionality into studios…
I agree! Maybe there could be a button called “Make this studio into a Clutter” which does exactly what it sounds like.
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I rate this suggestion a [5 v] out of 5. ::hat #5CB712
comment: [Bringing this back would make a great way to find and catergorize projects.]
-TheGlassPenguin ::motion

Last edited by TheGlassPenguin (Jan. 28, 2021 22:25:27)

PicoMetrics
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Due to various user statements, I think maybe we should change it to a different name, maybe cluster.scratch.mit.edu?
So…this is kind of like playlists on YouTube? They automatically play the next video?

Scratch isn't Javascript
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PicoMetrics wrote:

Due to various user statements, I think maybe we should change it to a different name, maybe cluster.scratch.mit.edu?
So…this is kind of like playlists on YouTube? They automatically play the next video?
Yeah…but it wouldn't play the next one automattically. I think Cluster sounds better than Clutter, IMO.
PicoMetrics
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

Yeah…but it wouldn't play the next one automattically.
Why not?

Last edited by PicoMetrics (Jan. 28, 2021 22:29:25)

Scratch isn't Javascript
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PicoMetrics wrote:

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

Why not?
There wouldn't be a way to tell if a project had finished running.
PicoMetrics
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

PicoMetrics wrote:

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

Why not?
There wouldn't be a way to tell if a project had finished running.
Mockup:
New cluster: Clock Playing Now

Scratch isn't Javascript
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sw019631
Scratcher
50 posts

Clutters would be a great idea for Scratch.

my life :: events hat
daily {
think about changing my signature :: sensing
never actually do
sleep :: events
} :: control
samq64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! It would make it easier to make arcades, OSs with lots of apps and much more! I think it should be part of the main site and should be redone, so it's not outdated.