Discuss Scratch

ItchyCatIII
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ability to See a Project's Status (NFE, FE, etc.) (23 Supporters)

Support!

When people keep suggesting projects, and wonder why they aren't accepted, they think its because its bad. Maybe if they didn't realize it was inappropriate, that could upset them. This way, they will understand why nobody can accept it.

Also, in an alternate universe, what if I were an FPC, and I thought a project was appropriate, so I wanted to curate it. How would I know if the project I was curating was NFE. I am not quite sure what would happen in this scenario, but either an NFE project appears on the Front Page (uh oh!) or I have to find a project to curate really fast! Most curators, and I think I would in this alternate universe (I did in my application), have backups, but, it isn't a requirement, and some people wouldn't think of this.

Don't you just hate when people advertise in their signatures (and raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip ones. That's just not okay).

#BringItBack
DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ItchyCatIII wrote:

Support!

When people keep suggesting projects, and wonder why they aren't accepted, they think its because its bad. Maybe if they didn't realize it was inappropriate, that could upset them. This way, they will understand why nobody can accept it.

Also, in an alternate universe, what if I were an FPC, and I thought a project was appropriate, so I wanted to curate it. How would I know if the project I was curating was NFE. I am not quite sure what would happen in this scenario, but either an NFE project appears on the Front Page (uh oh!) or I have to find a project to curate really fast! Most curators, and I think I would in this alternate universe (I did in my application), have backups, but, it isn't a requirement, and some people wouldn't think of this.
NFE projects can't get front-paged; I think the Scratch server is programmed to block them from being featured, curated, appearing in top loved, or otherwise appearing on the front page (except for in recently shared projects, and maybe SDS?)

U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
CuberX
Scratcher
16 posts

Zekrom01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support if there is a warning before viewing.

20 something years old
Probably doing college work
Leadrien2366
Scratcher
100+ posts

Only support if there warning message before viewing.

Last edited by Leadrien2366 (Dec. 12, 2015 21:38:35)

jerry1000
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Shaper . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Save Christmas R.I.P Dynamic signatures
. . . . . . My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.12.0, Chrome 53.0.2785.143, Flash 23.0 (release 0)
charlesdog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

support

i really dont know what to put here
pusheenkittens
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support!

hehe
Scratcher1002
Scratcher
1000+ posts

little_kitten
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add me to that list. Right under IronBit_Studios.
strangest way I've said support yet…

The above post was likely clear sass. 10 outta 10.
Unless it wasn't. Which happens from time to time. Sadly.
pandakiwi
Scratcher
73 posts

I support this completely! If this feature isn't there, then some new scratchers won't know why their project is not there, and could lead to them leaving.

If you don't understand my post, tell me and I'll explain as well as I can! Remember to show your support in a constructive way that adds to the discussion, rather than just saying “Support” or “No Support”. Also remember that Scratch is a place to have fun, make projects, and show your interests with coding, so have FUN and KEEP ON SCRATCHING!

MajesticB
Scratcher
500+ posts

This would be very useful, and stop quite a few Scratchers from getting dissapointed. I support the idea.

THIS ACCOUNT IS ABANDONDED
iamlink1
Scratcher
70 posts

I feel that this might spark a lot of debate over what constitutes as NFE, and the ST would be flooded with requests to change a project's rating. On top of that, who would review the over 12,000,000 (at the time of this post) projects? The Scratch Team? Their workload is probably pretty hefty, and with reviewing projects? This kind of work could take months to even years to complete. Sorry, no support, unless you can come up with solutions with the ST's workloads in mind.

Edit: I am aware that the ST already reviews projects, but I have read in the forums that a vast number of projects are unreviewed. This work would involve reviewing more projects.

Last edited by iamlink1 (Dec. 16, 2015 04:02:52)

NO my signature did not get eaten by a kumquat. It … uh … er … see … funny story …

it got eaten by a kumquat.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite 10.10.4, Flash 18.0 (release 0)
The_Kitty_Eevee
Scratcher
100+ posts

Vyuss wrote:

Total support!

yay i have a youtube channel that's not about scratch
Gamation
Scratcher
100+ posts

Total Support.

I think this is a really great idea, and it would clear up a lot of the confusion about the front page. Then people would know what to suggest to curators and what to suggest to be featured, without making people sad.

Sorry, but this signature has been blocked by your ISP. Please upgrade your service plan for only 9.99 a month to view signatures.
Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quick question- I thought the Scratch Team unshared NFE projects. Do they unshare all of them, or just quash them off of the front page? I'm confused.

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Failord wrote:

Quick question- I thought the Scratch Team unshared NFE projects. Do they unshare all of them, or just quash them off of the front page? I'm confused.
NFE projects are not unshared, they are just not allowed to be front-paged, except for recently shared and sds.

U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
TheAwesomeMaster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support!

Hello!
I'm TheAwesomeMaster: a middle school violist (someone who plays the viola), coder, artist, and writer! I also enjoy role-playing and helping out in the community.
| Profile | Wiki Page | Scratch String Orchestra | ᎪρᏂεℓ༏Ꮻ₪~ A Space Odyssey by Novakitty |
If you are reading this, comment “I have superpowers.” on my profile.
^._.^::control //This is Kallie. She is a certified siggy protector. She protects my siggy from kumquats.
SkyShine
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support!

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
Tails-the-Doll
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

Support.

(And by the way, I closed it because it was old. I can report to reopen it if you wish.)

(Also, I'm not “they” - I am not multiple people. )
(necroposting for the win m8 sorryihavetoo)

Actually, people can go by They if they want too! That means you aren't boy or girl. Sorry… I had to correct youuuuuuuuu

But sorry for necroposting!