Discuss Scratch

AppLab
Scratcher
100+ posts

Android Fans!!!

Vetpetmon wrote:

I don't really like android, due to the updates, it's getting slower.

I have a very OLD Iphone, and it still works.
Yes, this has been a MAJOR problem with Android, Though I have heard Google's secret weapon is coming out… Project ARA

Project ARA has nothing to do with changing Android Software, It's all about the hardware.
Basically, It allows you to Build your own phone using Lego-like components that different manufacturers can make. You get your phone case then slot in things like your hard drive and Processor and etc.
It helps with the update issues because if a part of your phone doesn't support the update, you can pull it out and replace it with something that does instead of ditching your phone altogether.

XKCD wrote:

Man: It wasn't that long ago that RSA was illegal to export. Classified a munition.
Woman: You know, I think the crypto community took the wrong side in that fight. We should have lobbied to keep it weaponry.
Man: Why?
Woman: Once they get complacent, we break out the Second Amendment.
AppLab
Scratcher
100+ posts

Android Fans!!!

AppLab wrote:

Vetpetmon wrote:

I don't really like android, due to the updates, it's getting slower.

Yes, this has been a MAJOR problem with Android, Though I have heard Google's secret weapon is coming out… Project ARA

Project ARA has nothing to do with changing Android Software, It's all about the hardware.
Basically, It allows you to Build your own phone using Lego-like components that different manufacturers can make. You get your phone case then slot in things like your hard drive and Processor and etc.
It helps with the update issues because if a part of your phone doesn't support the update, you can pull it out and replace it with something that does instead of ditching your phone altogether.

Oh, sorry , I thought you said you never got updates
It's just a rollout issue, IOS has it too , when IOS7 rolled out many people got battery problems.

XKCD wrote:

Man: It wasn't that long ago that RSA was illegal to export. Classified a munition.
Woman: You know, I think the crypto community took the wrong side in that fight. We should have lobbied to keep it weaponry.
Man: Why?
Woman: Once they get complacent, we break out the Second Amendment.
charlesdog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Android Fans!!!

I`m reporting all the people who said IOS sucks. If you don`t have something nice to say then don`t say it. For example: I don`t like warriors but i don`t make threads saying " is better than warrior!!!!!!" Thats the same things your doing your talking about smart phone OS`s and saying one is better than the other that can get people really mad.

i really dont know what to put here
failasian
Scratcher
10 posts

Android Fans!!!

wariobro wrote:

The one complaint I have is that I can't get the app “Drive Ahead” because it is ios only
Actually, it is on Android now
DatOneLefty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Android Fans!!!

removed

Last edited by DatOneLefty (Oct. 5, 2016 22:57:36)

Scratch data available at ScratchDB (Status)

Doggobacon
Scratcher
4 posts

Android Fans!!!

Android and ios are basically the same. Ios is for people who want a good phone and safe phone. Android is for people who like the freedom of editing their os to suit their needs.Many people think android is bad because it struggled during the start of the 2010 to 2012? I used to think it was very bad,in fact I didn't know it even existed.Until I learned that my tablet was running android.

Do I really need a signature?

Of Course I Do
Pancakesxp
Scratcher
500+ posts

Android Fans!!!

I have an Android tablet.

It lags. But I love it.

wow
edward789121
Scratcher
500+ posts

Android Fans!!!

BEWARE OF THE iOS 10!!

Vetpetmon wrote:

How old? My brother has a iPhone 4 and uses it half the time. (He also has android.) and I have a iPhone 5.

when I receive [Scratch joined v]
cringe
wait ((pick random (0) to (4)) * ((((60) * (60)) * (12)) * (365.25))) secs
leave
wait ((pick random (0) to (4)) * ((((60) * (60)) * (12)) * (365.25))) secs
broadcast [Scratch joined v]
ry555
Scratcher
24 posts

Android Fans!!!

I like Android because when your phone eventually stops getting updates, you can root it and install custom ROMs! I have a first gen Kindle Fire that came with Android 2.3 and is now running 6.0.1 because I rooted it!
Alv8253
Scratcher
31 posts

Android Fans!!!

Android is way better than I-Phone, because its cheaper and much better, also i really like the style and the useful storage capacity for its low cost.

say [
scratch is the best!] for (2) secs

pufflegamerz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Android Fans!!!

wariobro wrote:

My friend with an IPhone always says how stupid my phone is just because it is an Android
The same thing happens to me too.
jbrow78
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Android Fans!!!

Iphones are overpriced and overall horrible for developers.

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Android Fans!!!

Google knows how to make an operating system.
Apple knows how to make a cult.

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
I've moved to -THENEXT_LEVEL-.
jbrow78
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Android Fans!!!

Android was not originally owned by Google…

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Android Fans!!!

jbrow78 wrote:

Android was not originally owned by Google…
Android was bought by Google in 2005. The first Android phones were made in 2008.

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
I've moved to -THENEXT_LEVEL-.
ConvexPolygon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Android Fans!!!

I am moving away from all google products
They just don't respect your privacy.
I'm using lineageos now.

Hello! I'm Jay!
I am A STEM Nerd, A Pilot, CEO of J Technologies, an Intermediate graphics designer, a maker, a web designer, a “Rubyist”/“Pythonist”, A Christian, A Conservative, A Republican, A Gamer, A Vector Artist, An Apple Hater Lover, And an Entrepreneur.
~ JTConvexpolygon ~

“The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.” –Arthur C. Clarke

markverb1
Scratcher
99 posts

Android Fans!!!

AppLab wrote:

IronBit_Studios wrote:

AppLab wrote:

IronBit_Studios wrote:

My only thing for Android is that it has Firefox.
Otherwise I like iPhone more.
That's just sad :( , Don't you like personalisation?
That's not sad. If I didn't like personalisation, I wouldn't have gotten Firefox. Besides, the iPhone layout is way nicer and cleaner than Android.
If I could I would facepalm my head off. Haven't you heard of Launchers? You can make your own app icons and design your screen layouts.
There is even a IOS launcher on the play store.

Highlight this text and press ctrl+shift+down to see the rest of my siggy!

markverb1

A person who is learning Web Development
I am working on www.WhenFlagClicked.org
WHEN I FIND LIVE CHAT PROJECTS WITH A WORD WHITELIST, SORRY M8 BUT YOUR PROJECT HAZ BEEN REPORTED!
if you ever find a live chat project like dat, first you must report the project to the FBI ST for da reason Other > Other > reason: this is a cloud chatroom.

bbcode fancy gradient start
BBCode: Style your forum posts
bbcode fancy gradient end
click here if you see me
emojis ranked:
S
A
B
C
D
Burgher1679
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Android Fans!!!

i love android because of apk's and launchers (my favorite is nova launcher)

© 2020 - 2021 M-INDUSTRIES
Miao::#0000ff//Miao
hello_smile
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Android Fans!!!

What if Android had a CLI bootloader and lock screen by default and had a native terminal client preinstalled?

hello_smile

Achievement: Rickrolled ogadaki.
set [alternate account] to [hello-smile]

hello-smile Signature logo shop
v86
The key to 1000 messages is following hundreds of forum topics.
I am tired of everyone hating on me!
Windows 11 Release
jlbar18
Scratcher
61 posts

Android Fans!!!

android is sooooo slow, slow as my PC could handle

-jlbar18, formerly PinkySunsetGaming

play SSML3 now. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/884299849/