Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

PY_TEAM wrote:

This is Dennis
me

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

(casually sits here wondering about whether i need real art training and learning all this cool technical stuff to be good at art)

(i learn from observation and experience)
It depends on what you consider “training” and what you consider being “good” at art. Art schools and art advice usually helps you with he technical aspects that you wouldn't pick up by just observing- things like colour theory, the rule of thirds, the golden spiral. You can still be good at the non-technical aspects, and could be a much better ‘artist’ than someone who knows the technical things, but their art can have technical advantages over yours.
yeah ! it's not necessarily needed, but it often helps

KidoftheEnder45
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

PY_TEAM wrote:

This is Dennis
Viiceroy

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

(casually sits here wondering about whether i need real art training and learning all this cool technical stuff to be good at art)

(i learn from observation and experience)
It depends on what you consider “training” and what you consider being “good” at art. Art schools and art advice usually helps you with he technical aspects that you wouldn't pick up by just observing- things like colour theory, the rule of thirds, the golden spiral. You can still be good at the non-technical aspects, and could be a much better ‘artist’ than someone who knows the technical things, but their art can have technical advantages over yours.
Oh, wow, that helps. Thanks!

Last edited by cheese-duck (June 1, 2018 22:38:42)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

More Pokemon art. That I already posted on the Pokemon topic.
Here's my favorite crazy dargon woman Zinnia with an inaccurate cape because I drew her from memory : )))

Edit: lol everything i draw is on cr4ppy paper with a cr4ppy pencil and I don't care

Last edited by cheese-duck (June 1, 2018 22:56:36)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

umm is anyone here

i scribbled this up in gimp just now
embrace the stupid
Viiceroy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

late night(?) 6 am doodling :"(

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

Viiceroy wrote:

wow i was able to see the image on my school computer
anyway, i really like those strokes and the color
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

cheese-duck wrote:

umm is anyone here

embrace the stupid
How are you able to paint those strokes in GIMP?

I can't.
clarence112
Scratcher
500+ posts

Show off your art!

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

umm is anyone here

embrace the stupid
–snip–

I can't.
They probs have a drawing tablet.

I'M the evil kumquat!
Want to help out with world building? Click here!
OH, DID U GET THE BROOM CLOSET ENDING? THEB ROOM CLOSET ENDING WAS MY FAVRITE!1 XD
Check out Byte, my W.I.P. scratch-inspired pygame IDE
620 posts as of Nov 7, 2019, 11:56 AM EST

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

clarence112 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

umm is anyone here

embrace the stupid
–snip–

I can't.
yop.
actually it's my sister's
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

Hmm.. well, a lot of my art is on my DeviantArt page (my username is TanukiKlaw), but some of it is on my Scratch page too.
Would I be allowed to post a link to DeviantArt if the artwork I'm linking to is clean?

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

LionHeart70 wrote:

Hmm.. well, a lot of my art is on my DeviantArt page (my username is TanukiKlaw), but some of it is on my Scratch page too.
Would I be allowed to post a link to DeviantArt if the artwork I'm linking to is clean?
I think so??
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

cheese-duck wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

I think so??
Okay, I'll link to a drawing of one of my OCs later on

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
Viiceroy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

cheese-duck wrote:

Viiceroy wrote:

wow i was able to see the image on my school computer
anyway, i really like those strokes and the color
thank you !! haha i have no idea what you mean by strokes though

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

Here's an example of some of my art - https://pre00.deviantart.net/20d5/th/pre/f/2018/064/b/b/1520304611889_by_tanukiklaw-dc52szh.png
It's a character I have, she's a deer named Vernal

Viiceroy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

LionHeart70 wrote:

Here's an example of some of my art - https://pre00.deviantart.net/20d5/th/pre/f/2018/064/b/b/1520304611889_by_tanukiklaw-dc52szh.png
It's a character I have, she's a deer named Vernal
!!!! cute

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

Don't eat suspicious mushrooms off the ground kids!

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

Another drawing I have on DeviantArt: https://pre00.deviantart.net/735a/th/pre/f/2018/120/3/6/1525143494859_by_tanukiklaw-dcab4tr.png
He's a delusional and paranormal raccoon named Chiko.
He's both adorable and just absolutely terrifying.

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

cheese-duck wrote:

clarence112 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

umm is anyone here

embrace the stupid
–snip–

I can't.
yop.
I have a drawing tablet but I still produce the same results.
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Show off your art!

cheese-duck wrote:

clarence112 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

umm is anyone here

embrace the stupid
–snip–

I can't.
yop.
I have a drawing tablet but I still produce the same results.
You need to change the dynamics so that the brush changes with the pressure… I think you can search up “GIMP pressure dynamics” or something and there are some helpful tutorials on how to do that