Discuss Scratch

lightspeedmind134
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Generalstarwars333 wrote:

Creeperfun wrote:

lightspeedmind134 wrote:

again can i ask this question: i have the ksp demo, but when i looked up the ksp parts i noticed that in the sandbox mode i dont have all the parts In my ksp demo. I am missing a type of fuel tank, 2 types of launchers, and other things as well. Is it because they downgraded the demo? or is it because i did something wrong? i want to get into orbit with kerbin without having to put in as much effort, so i want to demo parts i am missing. solution plz?
they down graded the parts list (and got rid of all the planets and moons, basically) they only have 25 parts in the demo, i have no idea in the ammount of parts in the real game. but you can do it, ive gotten to orbit with lots of fuel in the demo.
The amount of parts in the real game is OVER NINE THOUSAND! Seriously though, there's a LOT! I have the full game and I have no idea how many there are, despite having over 100 hours of playtime. @lightspeedmind134: Trust this game. It's educational. @both of you: Get the full game. You can buy it on the website if steam isn't an option. Steam just lets you update automagically and talk to other people who use steam while in game. This game might be expensive, but it is well worth it. You have engines three times the size of the demo ones. and you have planes. and another, smaller mmun to go to. and it tastes like mint icecream. (the mun, not the game. It's called mintmus. ) I could not recommend this game more.
yeah i might get it on my birthday! yay!
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Good for you! Hey, anyone else hyped that the 1.0.5 update came out recently? 0.625 METER PARTS!!!!!!!!! YAY!

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Unfortunately, imma have to get the updated versions of my mods. should probably start making a list of all the mods I have installed and go shopping today after I reinstall the game since BDArmory's 9.9.1 gives me the krakens, and KAX's sounds stopped working which broke my heart since I lvoe the sound of the D-25 radial engine on my fighter plane. plus tons of other stuff is happening. It's a shame I'll lose my landships and my game saves, but at least I can use my BDArmory addons now!

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
Miou4
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I love this game. One time, i killed Jebediah. It was sad D:

There are only 10 types of people in this world:
People who understand Binary and people who don't.

If anything can go wrong, it will.

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Miou4 wrote:

I killed basically everyone. I had 12 Kerbals in the ship, and explode.exe. It was fun.

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Miou4 wrote:

And that's why you have the difficulty set to let dead kerbals respawn. Also, how did he die? I might be able to give you some pointers as to how to avoid a repeat…Assuming it was within kerbin's SOI. Anywhere outside of LKO or solar orbit, and I have no experience.

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

But on Kerbin I'm an expert. Ish.

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

But on Kerbin I'm an expert. Ish.

I wish I could get to the Mun, if not LKO. (Low Kerbin Orbit).

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I can get to LKO and solar orbit, but not the Mun. My only ship that I've tried to send to the Mun was my unmanned OKTO the Mun, a variation of my OKTO Launch system unmanned orbiter family from my science mode save. Its second stage was attacked by the Kraken during a burn, and vibrated to death. Maybe because I had way too many RCS blocks, since I wanted to be able to make a burn on RCS alone if necessary. Solar orbit is actually simpler to do than an LKO. All you do is go straight up and, assuming you don't run out of fuel while still on a suborbital trajectory, just keep burning until you're going fast enough to not be in Kerbin's SOI. I've put a couple of mini space stations into that orbit in my career save. Unfortunately, putting said stations into an LKO is far more difficult, requiring me to either make a gravity turn in atmo and hope my ship doesn't break, (which I don't do because I'm a scaredy cat about gravity turns with anything bigger than 1.25 meter parts) or make a to-orbit burn in space and hope that I have enough thrust to finish it before I re-enter. Or I just use Hyperedit. That's how I got my Space Battlecruiser Amagi into space! Then I found out I needed more struts and that the bridge needed to be modified, since it thought that the top of the ship was the front, and the bow was one of the sides, so everythign was confusing. But I have a new version that should have all the issues fixed.

Miou4
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Miou4 wrote:

And that's why you have the difficulty set to let dead kerbals respawn. Also, how did he die? I might be able to give you some pointers as to how to avoid a repeat…Assuming it was within kerbin's SOI. Anywhere outside of LKO or solar orbit, and I have no experience.
Jebediah was orbiting Kerbin without fuel, i tried to save his life using jetpack, but he exploded due to the overheat :p

There are only 10 types of people in this world:
People who understand Binary and people who don't.

If anything can go wrong, it will.

Dets65
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I love the Vector engine in the new update. So powerful!

Hi, I am a person! (I'm pretty sure I'm a person. Can someone confirm that I am a person for me?)

life is beautiful, except when it's not
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Kewl! I haven't tried that particular engine yet, or the goliath. I have used the juno to make a UAV that I can fly. I used BDArmory to make a version with two hidden 20mm vulcans whose recoil makes the plane buck a little, and an air-to-ground version with four hellfire missiles, which I used to accomplish two firsts: My first air to ground victory and my first missile kill! And the first kill that I've actually been in control of, since all other kills have been me flying a plane on a straight death run against one of my landships.

Derek3
Scratcher
27 posts

Kerbal Space Program

I got into orbit around Kerbin in the demo- took 10 minutes and 4 stages- used a large fuel tank and one of those tiny engines (can't remember what it was called) and I got into orbit just fine.

when green flag clicked
broadcast [Launch v]
wait (6000) secs
say [Orbit] for (2) secs

end

That's pretty much how you do it.
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Derek3 wrote:

I got into orbit around Kerbin in the demo- took 10 minutes and 4 stages- used a large fuel tank and one of those tiny engines (can't remember what it was called) and I got into orbit just fine.

when green flag clicked
broadcast [Launch v]
wait (6000) secs
say [Orbit] for (2) secs

end

That's pretty much how you do it.

I should try that tomorrow. (jk)

Derek3
Scratcher
27 posts

Kerbal Space Program

TheHockeyist wrote:

Derek3 wrote:

Yeah, but have a bunch of other engines and thrusters too- and it probably won't be a perfectly circular orbit.
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Derek3 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Derek3 wrote:

Yeah, but have a bunch of other engines and thrusters too- and it probably won't be a perfectly circular orbit.

Those quotes got messed up.

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

How I usually make orbit is: go to space on a suborbital trajectory. Make a maneuver node, pull out the anti-radial (blue circle with four things sticking out and dot in the middle) until the Periapsis (lowest point of orbit, the PE) is above 70 thousand meters. Set SAS (or in your case, ASAS) to maneuver. Wait until timer hits zero. Hit z for full throttle. wait until green bar empties of green-ness. hit X to cut throttle. Check map. If trajectory's PE is above 70km, congrats, you've made orbit! Else, prepare for re-entry or revert flight. also, Orbit tutorial Walkthrough Rocket design guide (basic)

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Also, once the ship no longer looks like it's on fire or when it reaches about ten km if it's not too long/delicate then start slowly turning about 45 degrees to the west or east or north or south. doesn't matter which, though I would recomend using the “D” key to go that way for a standard equatorial orbit. Also, the above method for orbit making that I described in the previous comment WILL NOT, I repeat, NOT give you a circular orbit. It will give you a highly elliptical orbit. However, it is still an orbit, and it's the way that most of my orbits of kerbin have been made. Solar orbit is just going straight up and, assuming you have the fuel, continuing to burn until your trajectory isn't pointing towards kerbin but instead out into the solar system.

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Huh. Note to self: Try doing this… tomorrow.

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Also, look up tutorials for getting to orbit if the way I said doesn't work. Youtube will have the answer. Youtube has all the answers. All of them. Every single one.