“KSP is 9000% explosion factory” -Everyday Astronaut
His last, modified words
and 103617526% fail simulator.

Tea. Chocolate.
JoettKSP
Scratcher
10 posts

Kerbal Space Program

I have got into kerbin and kerbol (the sun) orbit, but then i discovered alt f12, so now i spend my time teleporting stupid bases, landers, space stations, and sojourners everywhere but Dres. I also recently built a workin walking mech from scratch, and is does not need a KAL to work either!
JoettKSP
Scratcher
10 posts

Kerbal Space Program

Does anyone know what a krakendrive is? Because 1.10 broke them all, invisible wheels, phantom forces, all of them, gone.
JoettKSP
Scratcher
10 posts

Kerbal Space Program

Prof_Red wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

has anyone encountered any krakens? (not nescecarily the original one, but any physics glitch known as a kraken
In my files I have 24 crash logs.
My game sometimes suddendly closes and nothing is saved
About 7 “Hell Krakens” (the one that makes your height bar go to 111,111,111 or 666,666,666 etc.)
When I load a quicksave or played a regular game, I could not go to the space center or recover vessel, it happened about 50 times.
All space crafts broken, and can't open.
One time on my save on 0.24 was broken due to vessel getting glitched and stuck in runaway, thus making runaway impossible to active, and somehow it also glitched out the rocket pad.

It's because my last computer had 700 mb RAM, 10 GB space. and I made my save go throught lot of versions (0.24 0.25, 0.90 1.05 1.1 and then it broke)
Also I used cheats (i was too stupid and lazy to play without cheats) and I had like 13 mods.

Now I have 8 GB RAM, 1.5 TB space, and my new save (without cheats now ) has no problems.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post, sorry
yeah the older vesions are glitchy like that, and before 1.1 if any saves or craft were updated to a new version (not meant to scare anyone) would become corrupt.

1.10 has almost no krakens, my kraken drive is a dumb hunk of metal now.
JoettKSP
Scratcher
10 posts

Kerbal Space Program

monster584 wrote:

I was wondering weather or no to get this hame. is it worth it?

Yes it is, very fun, entertaining, educational, AND you can send anything to orbit with MOAR BOOSTERS. And build a car that turns into a plane that turns into a robot that goes to space, then explodes.
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

JoettKSP wrote:

Does anyone know what a krakendrive is? Because 1.10 broke them all, invisible wheels, phantom forces, all of them, gone.
Or maybe the design you used b r o k e
PowerArmourMan
Scratcher
1 post

Kerbal Space Program

JoettKSP wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

MeIoetta wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

has anyone encountered any krakens? (not nescecarily the original one, but any physics glitch known as a kraken
In my files I have 24 crash logs.
My game sometimes suddendly closes and nothing is saved
About 7 “Hell Krakens” (the one that makes your height bar go to 111,111,111 or 666,666,666 etc.)
When I load a quicksave or played a regular game, I could not go to the space center or recover vessel, it happened about 50 times.
All space crafts broken, and can't open.
One time on my save on 0.24 was broken due to vessel getting glitched and stuck in runaway, thus making runaway impossible to active, and somehow it also glitched out the rocket pad.

It's because my last computer had 700 mb RAM, 10 GB space. and I made my save go throught lot of versions (0.24 0.25, 0.90 1.05 1.1 and then it broke)
Also I used cheats (i was too stupid and lazy to play without cheats) and I had like 13 mods.

Now I have 8 GB RAM, 1.5 TB space, and my new save (without cheats now ) has no problems.

EDIT: I quoted the wrong post, sorry
yeah the older vesions are glitchy like that, and before 1.1 if any saves or craft were updated to a new version (not meant to scare anyone) would become corrupt.

1.10 has almost no krakens, my kraken drive is a dumb hunk of metal now.

Yeah, krakendrive is mostly dead. I look to danny2462 with hope, but even he cannot banish the power of bugfixes. Its possible to get a much weaker kraken force from docking ports, but our beautiful creations built on wheels, blood, and struts are forever laid to rest. A tragedy, to be sure, but at least now we can get on with our lives without the fear of eldrich horrors eating our kerbals.

Some dude actually collected a list of ways that the Earth itself could be physically destroyed here: https://qntm.org/destroy
rednose13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

How to Get Into Orbit

I know that a lot of KSP beginners find it hard to get into orbit, so here is how to achieve orbit.

The Rocket

Stage 3
-Mk16 Parachute
-Command Pod Mk1
-Heat Shield (1.25 meters)
-TD-12 Decoupler

Stage 2
-FL-T400 Liquid Fuel Tank
-LV-909 Liquid Fuel Engine
-TD-12 Decoupler

Stage 1
-FL-T800 Liquid Fuel Tank
-LV-T30 Liquid Fuel Engine

Steps to Get to Orbit

Launch
-Press Z to put the throttle up to the max
-Then, press space to launch

Accelerate to 100 m/s
-Then, slowly start pitching to 10 degrees East

1st Stage Seperation
-At around 20,000 meters, the first stage will run out of juice, when this happens press pace to jettison it, then space again to activate the second stage.

Let Your Apoapsis Get Just Above 70,000 Meters
-Once this happens, press X to cut the throttle
-Then, point prograde

Coast Until +T 30 Seconds to Apoapsis
-At +T 30 seconds to apoapsis press Z to perform a burn.
-Continue the burn until the periapsis is more than 70,000 meters

Congrats! You Are in Orbit!
-Do science, EVAs, or just relax

Returning to Kerbin

Coast Until You Are Near the Highest Point in Your Orbit
-Point retrograde
-Press Z to put the throttle up
-Continue the burn until You are either A: out of fuel, or B: On a sub-orbital trajectory to Kerbin

Jettison the Second Stage
-By pressing space

Once Safe to Deploy Parachute While in Kerbin's Atmosphere
-Press space to deploy the chute

Ya! You did it!!!

Hello There!
I am Rednose13. I own the Scratch YouTube Channel The Brainy Cat Club, which you can check out by clicking on that link.
If you are in need of some tutorials, here are the links to some of the ones you can check out and use.
How to make an Online (SAFE) Chat Using Cloud Variables
How to Make an Among Us Game
How to Make an AMAZING Platformer
For more Scratch Tips and Tutorials, check out my channel!
Rednose Out.

zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

rednose13 wrote:

shup shup
I almost go to orbit with my chonck payload of satellites
i turned on cheats to get to orbit
rednose13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

zahmbie1 wrote:

rednose13 wrote:

shup shup
Cheating….

Mesa no liky cheeting

Hello There!
I am Rednose13. I own the Scratch YouTube Channel The Brainy Cat Club, which you can check out by clicking on that link.
If you are in need of some tutorials, here are the links to some of the ones you can check out and use.
Rednose Out.

zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

rednose13 wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rednose13 wrote:

shup shup
Cheating….

Mesa no liky cheeting
haha alt f12 go brrrr
rednose13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

zahmbie1 wrote:

rednose13 wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rednose13 wrote:

shup shup
Cheating….

Mesa no liky cheeting
haha alt f12 go brrrr
AAAURRGGHHH

Hello There!
Rednose Out.

JoettKSP
Scratcher
10 posts

Kerbal Space Program

I wholeheartedly agree, but how else do you get a badly made walking mech to Gilly?

Last edited by JoettKSP (Jan. 23, 2021 14:50:48)

rednose13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Every Saturday, me and my family do KSP together. Last time, I accidentally instructed them to make a rocket that could hold all 5 of us. We did, but… I forgot about this part. I put a mobile science container (which can hold 2 kerbels) in the SERVICE MODULE, meaning that it was jettisoned before reentry. And, due to that, I did not put a heat shield on it. They burnt up upon reentry. My 5-year-old sister has not lived me down for it.

Hello There!
Rednose Out.

zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

imma try and increase FPS on my game
it runs at 5FPS lol
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

HOW TO GET TO ORBIT:
SCUFFED EDITION

STEP ONE:
chunk 30 large fuel tanks on that craft
STEP TWO:
Go UP
rednose13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

zahmbie1 wrote:

HOW TO GET TO ORBIT:
SCUFFED EDITION

STEP ONE:
chunk 30 large fuel tanks on that craft
STEP TWO:
Go UP

Hello There!
Rednose Out.

rednose13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Hey! I am attempting a 5 Kerbel Mun landing today. Does anyone know if a Hitch-Hiker Storage Container with a heat shield will burn up upon reentry?

Hello There!
Rednose Out.

zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

rednose13 wrote:

Hey! I am attempting a 5 Kerbel Mun landing today. Does anyone know if a Hitch-Hiker Storage Container with a heat shield will burn up upon reentry?
According to the wiki, the hitchhiker can withstand 2000 K before BOOM
2000 K = 3140 F = 1726 C
rednose13
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

zahmbie1 wrote:

rednose13 wrote:

According to the wiki, the hitchhiker can withstand 2000 K before BOOM
2000 K = 3140 F = 1726 C
Yes, I know. But… I do not know what the temperature upon reentry is.

Hello There!
Rednose Out.