Discuss Scratch

DANISON
Scratcher
100+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

Is everyone in here trolling or does no one understand that this is meant to be about cloud glitches???

forever:: #ef9d15
have fun:: #438fe0
end
-CodePro-
Scratcher
100+ posts

EDIT:I figured it out, it was an extension called Tampermonkey, even though I had no scripts running through it, it was breaking cloud for me.

OLD:
Cloud variables seem to not work for me, it acts as if I am a New Scratcher, I can't read the latest cloud data from the server or change it.
Here is something from the console about it.
projects.bundle.js:153 WebSocket connection to 'wss://clouddata.scratch.mit.edu/' failed: WebSocket opening handshake timed out
value @ projects.bundle.js:153
projects.bundle.js:31 gui Websocket connection error: {"isTrusted":true}
(anonymous) @ projects.bundle.js:31
a.write @ projects.bundle.js:141
t @ projects.bundle.js:63
emit @ projects.bundle.js:141
o.write @ projects.bundle.js:141
t @ projects.bundle.js:63
emit @ projects.bundle.js:141
o.write @ projects.bundle.js:63
n.error @ projects.bundle.js:141
value @ projects.bundle.js:153
projects.bundle.js:31 gui Closed connection to websocket
projects.bundle.js:31 gui Reconnecting in 0.1s, attempt 1

Last edited by -CodePro- (May 23, 2019 11:02:35)

This is my signature, it appears below my every post. Want to change yours? Use the code below in your browsers console.
this.document.location = "https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/" + Scratch.INIT_DATA.LOGGED_IN_USER.model.username

The more you do now, the less you need to do later. - Me, and a bunch of other people saying it in slightly different ways.
MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edgar150 wrote:

set [ color] effect to (((1) / (0)))
And your sprite will be black and white !

Cloud reports only, please.

I have left Scratch! Goodbye everyone, I'll remember you all in therapy.
If you want to ever get in contact with me again, please visit my Github instead.
Also, if you need to, you can contact me via Meower. You'll know where to look.
mateohideg
Scratcher
40 posts

DANISON wrote:

Is everyone in here trolling or does no one understand that this is meant to be about cloud glitches???
Buy clouds now! (no, J.K.)

———————————————

Please don't be off topic (no to you DANISON, I write a line)

Last edited by mateohideg (May 28, 2019 22:19:36)

MeteorThief
Scratcher
1 post

Why does the cloud high score not change? I can only see it through ‘cloud data’. Please fix this.
MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DANISON wrote:

At this point, it's basically trolling.

If you want to ever get in contact with me again, please visit my Github instead.
Teeterboy1
Scratcher
5 posts

Often, my cloud variables do not save the data on the cloud, and no matter how many times i reload the page, delete and re-make it, there always seems to be one variable that one save on the cloud when i use more than three.
mateohideg
Scratcher
40 posts

Teeterboy1 wrote:

Often, my cloud variables do not save the data on the cloud, and no matter how many times i reload the page, delete and re-make it, there always seems to be one variable that one save on the cloud when i use more than three.
The same

BirdBoy100
Scratcher
43 posts

jvvg wrote:

Also, in the project mentioned in the above post, I had 5 cloud variables, so I tried re-creating the 4 that weren't saving, but it said I reached the limit, even though there were only 4 (there would have been 5 if I could create the variable).

I am still using Chrome v28.0.1500.95 with Flash v11.8 r800 on Windows NT 6.1 build 7601 (Windows 7 64-bit).
Try using Win10. I don't have this issue.

certified pikmin fan
ScratchCatGoesMeow
Scratcher
63 posts

Cloud vars change when clicking see inside or project page. I have posted about it somewhere else and so discussion does not get split between forum threads, please only discuss it here. My details of it are here. Please note all the links go to the same place.
-thanks!

MY COMPUTER:                            Lenovo Ideapad-320-15ABR                          AMD A12-9070P,(4 cores,4 threads,2.7GHZ)                          radeon R7 iGPU(8cores),                                1 tb HDD.                           8gb ram ddr4-933                         Ram Details: 512mb dedicated vram, 7.4 cpu ram total(3.7gb cpu/gpu shared)
SolitarySnow
Scratcher
3 posts

see my prockeks i think hes give you great idie

geek62
Scratcher
100+ posts

When my project assigns values to several cloud variables in succession, only the first and last of the bunch seem to actually save their values in the cloud. (I can see this in the “cloud data history” page for that project.)
For instance, this only writes values into cloud variables ☁cv1 and ☁cv8 :

set [☁ cv1 v] to [1]
set [☁ cv2 v] to [2]
set [☁ cv3 v] to [3]
set [☁ cv4 v] to [4]
set [☁ cv5 v] to [5]
set [☁ cv6 v] to [6]
set [☁ cv7 v] to [7]
set [☁ cv8 v] to [8]

However, it seems to work if I make it wait 1/10th of a second before each assignment, like this:

set [☁ cv1 v] to [1]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv2 v] to [2]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv3 v] to [3]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv4 v] to [4]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv5 v] to [5]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv6 v] to [6]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv7 v] to [7]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv8 v] to [8]

If I make those delays 0.01 instead of 0.1, then about half of the values make it to the cloud.

I have not yet tested with bigger data; if it needs time to write data, maybe it will need more time to write more data?
mateohideg
Scratcher
40 posts

geek62 wrote:

When my project assigns values to several cloud variables in succession, only the first and last of the bunch seem to actually save their values in the cloud. (I can see this in the “cloud data history” page for that project.)

set [☁ cv1 v] to [1]
set [☁ cv2 v] to [2]
set [☁ cv3 v] to [3]
set [☁ cv4 v] to [4]
set [☁ cv5 v] to [5]
set [☁ cv6 v] to [6]
set [☁ cv7 v] to [7]
set [☁ cv8 v] to [8]

However, it seems to work if I make it wait 1/10th of a second before each assignment, like this:

set [☁ cv1 v] to [1]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv2 v] to [2]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv3 v] to [3]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv4 v] to [4]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv5 v] to [5]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv6 v] to [6]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv7 v] to [7]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv8 v] to [8]

If I make those delays 0.01 instead of 0.1, then about half of the values make it to the cloud.

I have not yet tested with bigger data; if it needs time to write data, maybe it will need more time to write more data?
I think it would be a solution, thanks you

geek62
Scratcher
100+ posts

mateohideg wrote:

geek62 wrote:

set [☁ cv1 v] to [1]
set [☁ cv2 v] to [2]
set [☁ cv3 v] to [3]
set [☁ cv4 v] to [4]
set [☁ cv5 v] to [5]
set [☁ cv6 v] to [6]
set [☁ cv7 v] to [7]
set [☁ cv8 v] to [8]

set [☁ cv1 v] to [1]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv2 v] to [2]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv3 v] to [3]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv4 v] to [4]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv5 v] to [5]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv6 v] to [6]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv7 v] to [7]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv8 v] to [8]

This is not really a solution; at best it might be a workaround. We don''t even know if it works reliably.
PhantomForcesX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Just a question but what's the current length limit for cloud variables right now? Have they upped it from 128 or something??

(ARC) Phantom
Seven. One for the friends along the way, one for the adventures we've had, one for the struggles we overcame, one for those that have passed on, one for those who have chosen to stay, and one for those we've left behind.
The last, my own.
Robby_Blue
Scratcher
100+ posts

PhantomForcesX wrote:

Just a question but what's the current length limit for cloud variables right now? Have they upped it from 128 or something??

It's 256 now.

Check out my project showing user's stats
Someoneludo
Scratcher
32 posts

(Semi) IMPORTANT.
Now I seem to have to have my game shared and on separate accounts when playing the cloud game.
show
happy_master
Scratcher
2 posts

Cloud variables are very slow to update and don't instantly auto-update between devices
happy_master
Scratcher
2 posts

Cloud variables are very slow to update and don't instantly auto-update between devices
MikeDEV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

geek62 wrote:

mateohideg wrote:

geek62 wrote:

set [☁ cv1 v] to [1]
set [☁ cv2 v] to [2]
set [☁ cv3 v] to [3]
set [☁ cv4 v] to [4]
set [☁ cv5 v] to [5]
set [☁ cv6 v] to [6]
set [☁ cv7 v] to [7]
set [☁ cv8 v] to [8]

set [☁ cv1 v] to [1]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv2 v] to [2]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv3 v] to [3]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv4 v] to [4]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv5 v] to [5]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv6 v] to [6]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv7 v] to [7]
wait (0.1) secs
set [☁ cv8 v] to [8]

This is not really a solution; at best it might be a workaround. We don''t even know if it works reliably.

Change each delay to 0.2 seconds. It works well for sending data to a bunch of cloud variables at a time. That's what I'm doing for a new project of mine.