Discuss Scratch

DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

Joystick productions: Loads of spots open! Join NOW!

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

DoctorStrawberries wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

And I've just discovered that we've got rivals! They're making practically the same game as us, so we'd better make some things different to their game, otherwise somebody will find out and start complaining that we're copying them, which we did not. I had just got the idea of the game off the top of my head one night. I did not copy their idea.

Who are our rivals?!??!??!?!

Errrrrrrrrrr…… Try the link? They're a collab making a similar game, but I think they started before our collab.
Whoops… I checked. Shall I try to join and sabotage their plans?

I don't want to be mean to them. I mean, there's loads of scratch projects out there that are more or less the same. I think we should stay calm, but try to make some things different to theirs, like the idea of vikings attacking you near the end of the game. They probably don't know about this collab, because nobody has joined lately and we haven't shared a game yet. I'm pretty sure they won't mind if we just make some things different. Thinking about it though, they might well find out…. Look at how many views this collab has!
I think theyr'e better, i mean they have @flome as an artist!

Yeah, but if we work on our collab really hard, then we might become just as good. The only reason why we're struggling is because we don't have many members.
this is hard…there team has @bestgameever , @flome , and @turkey3 , all scratchers i admire.
It's okay! I can do a couple of things. I can ask some of my good friends, @EvilCookie36, @ClareBear202, @-BreadMan- (possibly…. we share a hate of some scratcher who was impersonating @totomato11), @Adoptablelover321, @Cherrymboo, @cakepopgirl, @GoldenDiamond, @mwsbookworm and @wafdfles8888 to possibly help!

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

And I've just discovered that we've got rivals! They're making practically the same game as us, so we'd better make some things different to their game, otherwise somebody will find out and start complaining that we're copying them, which we did not. I had just got the idea of the game off the top of my head one night. I did not copy their idea.

Errrrrrrrrrr…… Try the link? They're a collab making a similar game, but I think they started before our collab.

I don't want to be mean to them. I mean, there's loads of scratch projects out there that are more or less the same. I think we should stay calm, but try to make some things different to theirs, like the idea of vikings attacking you near the end of the game. They probably don't know about this collab, because nobody has joined lately and we haven't shared a game yet. I'm pretty sure they won't mind if we just make some things different. Thinking about it though, they might well find out…. Look at how many views this collab has!

Yeah, but if we work on our collab really hard, then we might become just as good. The only reason why we're struggling is because we don't have many members.
this is hard…there team has @bestgameever , @flome , and @turkey3 , all scratchers i admire.

I know, but luckily I made us an advert, which I've put in the studio. If we can somehow get people to view the advert, then people will want to join and slowly we might just get people like @flome . But it's a long wait………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

It's okay! I can do a couple of things. I can ask some of my good friends, @EvilCookie36, @ClareBear202, @-BreadMan- (possibly…. we share a hate of some scratcher who was impersonating @totomato11), @Adoptablelover321, @Cherrymboo, @cakepopgirl, @GoldenDiamond, @mwsbookworm and @wafdfles8888 to possibly help!

Really? You are amazing. Loads of members is just what we need, as @JohnAnthony77 looks a bit inactive. I should get thinking of some tasks, otherwise some people might get bored if they have a long wait before they do anything.
DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

It's okay! I can do a couple of things. I can ask some of my good friends, @EvilCookie36, @ClareBear202, @-BreadMan- (possibly…. we share a hate of some scratcher who was impersonating @totomato11), @Adoptablelover321, @Cherrymboo, @cakepopgirl, @GoldenDiamond, @mwsbookworm and @waffles8888 to possibly help!

Really? You are amazing. Loads of members is just what we need, as @JohnAnthony77 looks a bit inactive. I should get thinking of some tasks, otherwise some people might get bored if they have a long wait before they do anything.
They are all very good friends of mine. @waffles8888 is my brother and he is sort of not message checking. I check for him and he might not reply or anything.

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

It's okay! I can do a couple of things. I can ask some of my good friends, @EvilCookie36, @ClareBear202, @-BreadMan- (possibly…. we share a hate of some scratcher who was impersonating @totomato11), @Adoptablelover321, @Cherrymboo, @cakepopgirl, @GoldenDiamond, @mwsbookworm and @waffles8888 to possibly help!

They are all very good friends of mine. @waffles8888 is my brother and he is sort of not message checking. I check for him and he might not reply or anything.

It's OK if you can't get waffles8888. There are enough people on that list already! BTW, you might have noticed that I have changed the joining form slightly, adding ‘how active you are on scratch’ and ‘how active you are likely to be on the collab’, just so that we can check how active they are, in case they become inactive like @bunnymustard. Do you think it's a good idea?
DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

It's OK if you can't get waffles8888. There are enough people on that list already! BTW, you might have noticed that I have changed the joining form slightly, adding ‘how active you are on scratch’ and ‘how active you are likely to be on the collab’, just so that we can check how active they are, in case they become inactive like @bunnymustard. Do you think it's a good idea?
Yup!

FayFoo
Scratcher
39 posts

What you would like to be: Artist and/or advertiser
Why you would like to be it: I think I am getting sorta good at art on Scratch and I like to make commercials.
A project that you made which shows how you are good at your job. (Example: If I wanted to be an artist, then I would link a project that shows your artist
skills.): Commercial that I made: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19300476/ Yes, it is very random. Example of art: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/18986382/ and http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/22327794/
How active you are on Scratch: I will be more active lately because it is summer vacation!! Woo!
How active you are likely to be on the collab.: As active as I can.
three577
Scratcher
12 posts

Wait…. So how do I do this? (Sorry, never done Discussion Forums) What should I do now??
meowmoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

three577 wrote:

Wait…. So how do I do this? (Sorry, never done Discussion Forums) What should I do now??
copy what it says to copy in the first post, then fill it in.

http://fyucha.com/

R a i n b o w
EvilCookie36
Scratcher
100+ posts

What you would like to be:Animators
Costume designers
Idea people
Artists
Coders
Why you would like to be it: Love animating and drawing and designing, and I'm a good programmer (I think.)
A project that you made which shows how you are good at your job. (Example: If I wanted to be an artist, then I would link a project that shows your artist
skills.) All of my projects, my logo. In my opinion, my two best (and only) animations are these:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20715151/
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/21243059/
How active you are on Scratch:10/10, but might be less active because I am working on 3 big games.
How active you are likely to be on the collab: 7-9/10
Note: I didn't really understand the difference between Artists and Idea people. Also, I suggest you decrease the amount of spots there are for each job.

EvilCookie36 apologises for any mean/rude comments that may have been said above. He's a jerk.
DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

three577 wrote:

You fill out the application. For example, see how FayFoo did it?
So…. you say what you would like to do (our jobs are coders, advertisers, animators, costume designers, musicians and artists) and why you would like to be that. And then, you copy and paste a link for whatever you think your best project in that field is. (See FayFoo's?) How active you are on scratch, and how much you will work on the collab. Copy and paste this then fill it out.
What I Would Like to Be:
Why I Would Like to Be This:
My Best Project:
How Active I Am:
How Much I Will Work On The Collab:

Last edited by DoctorStrawberries (May 17, 2014 17:07:46)

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

FayFoo wrote:

Why you would like to be it: I think I am getting sorta good at art on Scratch and I like to make commercials.
skills.): Commercial that I made: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19300476/ Yes, it is very random. Example of art: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/18986382/ and http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/22327794/
How active you are on Scratch: I will be more active lately because it is summer vacation!! Woo!

OK, you are now in! Sorry if I could have replied earlier: My computer didn't seem to like the internet yesterday, nothing would load! If you want an idea of what we are doing, then go to this studio.
DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

FayFoo wrote:

OK, you are now in! Sorry if I could have replied earlier: My computer didn't seem to like the internet yesterday, nothing would load! If you want an idea of what we are doing, then go to this studio.
I've been working on letting people join!

Last edited by DoctorStrawberries (May 18, 2014 06:27:28)

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

three577 wrote:

Yeah, It's hard to find your way around the discussion forums if you're new. So first of all, go to the first page of this collab and look at the first comment on the page. This is the form you have to fill out to join us (but I'm pretty sure you'll get in: The form is just to give us an idea of who can do what). Now, hold the mouse down and drag it across the comment form, then press ctrl + c (command + c I think on a mac) to copy it. Now start a new reply and press ctrl + v (command + v on a mac) to paste it. Now all you need to do is to fill out the form. And you're done! (Press submit when you're finished)
Hope that helps (and hope that it's not too complicated, )!

To help, you should follow the discussion to be alerted when there's new comments. Press the blue button at the top of the page.

Last edited by crazyjolly11 (May 18, 2014 06:41:20)

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

EvilCookie36 wrote:

What you would like to be:Animators
Costume designers
Idea people
Artists
Coders
Why you would like to be it: Love animating and drawing and designing, and I'm a good programmer (I think.)
skills.) All of my projects, my logo. In my opinion, my two best (and only) animations are these:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20715151/
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/21243059/
How active you are on Scratch:10/10, but might be less active because I am working on 3 big games.
How active you are likely to be on the collab: 7-9/10
Note: I didn't really understand the difference between Artists and Idea people. Also, I suggest you decrease the amount of spots there are for each job.

Wow, that's a lot of things you want to be! Nearly everything! Your art is very good and I think your coding must be good too. You are now in!

Answers to your questions wrote:

Artists draw things and idea people think of things and ideas for the game, but it's the artist's job to draw them.
I might decrease the amount of places and then bring it up if this becomes popular.

Last edited by crazyjolly11 (May 18, 2014 06:59:14)

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

You know, I think we have got enough members now. Should we start improving my base in the studio, or should we wait for more members? Let's have a vote.
Shoco462
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'd like to be an animator and artist becuase I put alot of thought into drawing. Preview 3 or 4 show's how good I am at animations and art. Heres the link for Preveiw 3 or 4: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16613477/
I'm pretty active on Scratch, but I got alot of project to do so I'll on the collab 3-5 days a week, prbly.
EvilCookie36
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lets start the base!

EvilCookie36 apologises for any mean/rude comments that may have been said above. He's a jerk.
DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

I don't care!

EvilLeftovers36
Scratcher
17 posts

Is there a studio or something? (EvilCookie collab account)