Discuss Scratch

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

Joystick productions: Loads of spots open! Join NOW!

And I've also made us a studio. Put all your Joystick Projects in here.
meowmoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

what i would like to be: coder
why you would like to be it: i love making games and i'm not that great at art.
a project you made that shows how good you are: can't pick one but : wire bending 3D , block scrolling , and pen art.

http://fyucha.com/

R a i n b o w
JohnAnthony77
Scratcher
13 posts

Pretty good can we talk about the project on the studio though?

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

meowmoo wrote:

a project you made that shows how good you are: can't pick one but : wire bending 3D , block scrolling , and pen art.

You are in! The pen art one is very good!
Just to let you know, I think we'll be making a ‘shipwrecked’ or tycoon-y sort of game. Is there anything that you would like to do in case we don't do the shipwrecked game?

Last edited by crazyjolly11 (May 4, 2014 07:58:24)

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

JohnAnthony77 wrote:

Pretty good can we talk about the project on the studio though?

Of course! That's what the studio is for!
meowmoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

Just to let you know, I think we'll be making a ‘shipwrecked’ or tycoon-y sort of game. Is there anything that you would like to do in case we don't do the shipwrecked game?
umm…a scrolling platformer?

Last edited by meowmoo (May 4, 2014 10:09:21)

R a i n b o w
crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

meowmoo wrote:

umm…a scrolling platformer?

OK. Fine with me. Oh, and I'll add you to the studio if I haven't already.
crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

Joystick Tasker wrote:

Right, I think it is about time that we get some work done and get the tasks sorted.

@bunnymustard If you are still active (which I doubt) then I would like you to draw some villager designs.
@JohnAnthony77 Can you do some designs for the villager buildings, like a hut or blacksmith or something? Task completed (sort of)
@DoctorStrawberries Try and make a logo for Joystick Productions. Task completed
@meowmoo Try making a small script that selects random names from a list and gives them to a villager. Task completed

If any of the tasks are too complicated, can't be finished, or if there are simply any problems, then reply to this comment or tell me on my profile.
There is no absolute deadline for finishing the tasks: Just do it when you can and hand it in when it's done. When you've finished a task, then put a link to it on this forum as a reply and I'll look at it and put it in the studio.

Happy programming!

~Joystick Tasker

Last edited by crazyjolly11 (May 6, 2014 16:48:06)

meowmoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

Right, I think it is about time that we get some work done and get the tasks sorted.

@bunnymustard If you are still active (which I doubt) then I would like you to draw some villager designs.
@JohnAnthony77 Can you do some designs for the villager buildings, like a hut or blacksmith or something?
@DoctorStrawberries Try and make a logo for Joystick Productions.
@meowmoo Try making a small script that selects random names from a list and gives them to a villager.

If any of the tasks are too complicated, can't be finished, or if there are simply any problems, then reply to this comment or tell me on my profile.
There is no absolute deadline for finishing the tasks: Just do it when you can and hand it in when it's done. When you've finished a task, then put a link to it on this forum as a reply and I'll look at it and put it in the studio.

Happy programming!

~@crazyjolly11

i can do that quite easily.

R a i n b o w
crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

meowmoo wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

@JohnAnthony77 Can you do some designs for the villager buildings, like a hut or blacksmith or something?
@DoctorStrawberries Try and make a logo for Joystick Productions.
@meowmoo Try making a small script that selects random names from a list and gives them to a villager.

Happy programming!

~@crazyjolly11

i can do that quite easily.

Good! When can you get it done by?
DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

DoctorStrawberries wrote:

What you would like to be: Advertiser (if you need Coders I can code)
Why you would like to be that: I just do it for a lot of other people!
Project that shows your skills: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/21069788/ (Advertisement for my adoption center)

You are in! I'm going to give you two tasks:

1. Do you think you could make something like a small banner or logo that this collab could use? Are you good at drawing? I'm totally EPIC rubbish!

2: Tell me which game you want to do: Tycoon, Shipwrecked, or Driving Rain.

There is no deadline. Just do it when ever you want. However, try not to make it too late. By the time we've started work on a game, we'll probably need a logo to make people interested.

Thanks for joining!
Answers to your questions.
1. Yes! I can make a logo and a forum signature for everyone!
2. I think we already agreed on Shipwrecked.

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

Project that shows your skills: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/21069788/ (Advertisement for my adoption center)

1. Do you think you could make something like a small banner or logo that this collab could use? Are you good at drawing? I'm totally EPIC rubbish!

There is no deadline. Just do it when ever you want. However, try not to make it too late. By the time we've started work on a game, we'll probably need a logo to make people interested.

Thanks for joining!

For everybody!? I think you need their permission first! And we agreed on shipwrecked after the comment above.
DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

Thanks for joining!

For everybody!? I think you need their permission first! And we agreed on shipwrecked after the comment above.
I am making the logo for the games. The forum signature for the people who want it!

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

OK, everybody! DoctorStrawberries here will do you a forum signature! Need a signature? Ask her!

Small Print
I may have edited something….

Shush don't tell anyone…

Last edited by crazyjolly11 (May 4, 2014 16:40:58)

DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

OK, everybody! DoctorStrawberries here will do you a forum signature! Need a signature? Ask him!
Actually, I'm a girl.

Last edited by DoctorStrawberries (May 4, 2014 16:34:10)

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

OK, everybody! DoctorStrawberries here will do you a forum signature! Need a signature? Ask him!
Actually, I'm a girl.

Whoops! Problem fixed!

Last edited by crazyjolly11 (May 4, 2014 16:38:42)

DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

Actually, I'm a girl.

Whoops! Problem fixed!

Here is the link for the signature! http://i57.tinypic.com/33f52ti.jpg

crazyjolly11
Scratcher
100+ posts

crazyjolly11 wrote:

crazyjolly11 wrote:

Actually, I'm a girl.

Whoops! Problem fixed!

Here is the link for the signature! http://i57.tinypic.com/33f52ti.jpg

Right, but won't it get tiresome having to change it every time someone new joins? *Bursts out laughing at that worst mistake of the century*
DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oh yeah! Got to make a new one! I'm going to make a unique one different from that one this time. One sec… I made one for my newspaper and I want to see if that website is good and will work for ours. Nevermind, it doesn't.

DoctorStrawberries
Scratcher
100+ posts