Discuss Scratch

OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cloud variables disabled in early part of the beta

bullelk12 wrote:

I made a username and password project. Check it out Username/Password
That's exactly the kind of thing we don't want to make. People can get phished with projects like that.

heroguy15
Scratcher
27 posts

I understand the difficulties you are having, but can you at least add a test version of it? maybe a “cloud variable deca” or something?

do a barrel roll
(: )
( ¨ )
( :)
( ..)

yes.

set [ this] to [A triumph]
P110
Scratcher
1000+ posts

heroguy15 wrote:

I understand the difficulties you are having, but can you at least add a test version of it? maybe a “cloud variable deca” or something?
I agree (Sorry if I sound like a twit in this) How are we supposed to test the beta if one of the main new features isn't in it. But on the other hand there is the topic title:
And then again on my third hand,
But this is no longer the early part of beta, at the speed these bugs are getting processed and squashed a release cant be that far off.

And on my fourth hand scratch is awesome and we all have to be patient, take your pick, there are reasons for most sides of an argument that will happen eventually.

Last edited by P110 (Feb. 27, 2013 19:39:24)

bullelk12
Scratcher
100+ posts

We're ready for cloud variables now XD

Scratch 2.0 = Cloud Variables!
OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's the 1 month anniversary of the beta! Woohoo! Now can we have our cloud variables?

peregrine
Scratcher
28 posts

Lightnin wrote:

Greetings testers!

There are a lot of cool new features in Scratch 2.0, but cloud variables is one of the most interesting and in some ways, the most revolutionary. That also means it’s one of the most challenging to get right – technically, design-wise, and moderation-wise.

With all the work to do getting Scratch 2.0 ready for the beta period, we’ve had very little time to focus on needed improvements to cloud variables. As a result, we’ve decided to disable them during the beginning of the beta. Once we’re sure the new site is running smoothly, we’ll give cloud variables some love and then re-enable them for more testing and feedback from Scratchers.

Thanks for being patient!
one idea that i have (i'm not flashy! ha! ha!) is make a web page to which every cloud variable is assigned a line containing it's value. it would mean editing the 'set to ' so that it also changes the line. ' hope it works.

Last edited by peregrine (March 1, 2013 17:56:36)

Urgent news!
Evil Kumquats no longer seem to feast on signatures anymore.
They now feast on Discuss buttons.
We need to save them!
#Bring_It _Back
sindybad
Scratcher
74 posts

how long until they are realeased?

click here to view a great cloud data game
click here to view a makey makey studio(makey makey web)

yay offline editor

gdpr0000017
Ungrouped
26 posts

jackmccomish
Scratcher
24 posts

I hate them, because they dostroy my projects.
CHOICE!

Hi. K?
jackmccomish
Scratcher
24 posts

OrcaCat wrote:

It's the 1 month anniversary of the beta! Woohoo! Now can we have our cloud variables?
There are still being worked on. -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Hi. K?
hungergamesfanatic
Scratcher
24 posts

jackmccomish wrote:

OrcaCat wrote:

There are still being worked on. -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
(-_(-_(-_-)_-)_-)

MAFIAAA

anyways do you know when theyll be enabled again lightnin?
maxamillion321
Scratcher
100+ posts

When will cloud varibles be on again?
P110
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Everyone is asking the question
“When will they be back”

I personally agree with the last thing I said in my last post here

myself c: wrote:

And on my fourth hand scratch is awesome and we all have to be patient

But I do agree it is annoying they are disabled, but as I said, asking over and over again is doing nothing but annoying the scratch team, be patient.

Last edited by P110 (March 3, 2013 18:22:55)

TM_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jackmccomish wrote:

I hate them, because they dostroy my projects.
CHOICE!
why? The old lists and variables will stay normal lists and variables, so nothing will be destroyed

My YouTube-Account: TM_ (TMtheScratcher)
Join the Google+ Community “Persist” and test the latest Alpha-versions and get news about the desktop-game! Persist
bullelk12
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm just excited about what will eventually exist

Scratch 2.0 = Cloud Variables!
Nathanator1416J
Scratcher
100+ posts

So how long are we talking here?! We need to get a move on this! I know it's not my job to keep the community safe, but still… I think Projects that use Usernames and passwords and chat rooms should just be banned, that would make it easier! We don't really need chat rooms, just put more effort into it, make it an email server, and whoopde-do, there aren't half as many “dangerous” programs to keep track of. Maybe initiate a point system on how many chat rooms a person has caught.

PEPPERTREE LABS! (PtP/PtL)
Tourmaline Scientific Research Programs at PEPPERTREE LABS!
Someone actually used that link! (They were from Virginia….)
GEOLOGY ROCKS! (chemistry too!)
I Tried Supporting Klingons here! But It Was Too late!!!!!
Running Windows XP SP3 (Home) With a 2.2 GHz Dual Core AMD Athlon 64 X2! Support my petition! (here)
botcrusher
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nathanator1416J wrote:

So how long are we talking here?! We need to get a move on this! I know it's not my job to keep the community safe, but still… I think Projects that use Usernames and passwords and chat rooms should just be banned, that would make it easier! We don't really need chat rooms, just put more effort into it, make it an email server, and whoopde-do, there aren't half as many “dangerous” programs to keep track of. Maybe initiate a point system on how many chat rooms a person has caught.

whoa. that came across a wee-bit intense
i agree that projects requiring a username should be banned because anyone can see the passowrd list but, i am not with you on chat as chat can help with collabs,rpg's,turn-based games,etc: basicly anything with multiple players as long as appropriate measures are taken in chat (see my signature below)

Pondering what to work on.
coinman
Scratcher
100+ posts

botcrusher wrote:

Nathanator1416J wrote:

i agree that projects requiring a username should be banned because anyone can see the passowrd list but, i am not with you on chat as chat can help with collabs,rpg's,turn-based games,etc: basicly anything with multiple players as long as appropriate measures are taken in chat (see my signature below)
But what if you hashed the passwords, then it would be much harder to break into peoples accounts.

botcrusher
Scratcher
500+ posts

coinman wrote:

botcrusher wrote:

Nathanator1416J wrote:

But what if you hashed the passwords, then it would be much harder to break into peoples accounts.

don't use passwords use user id

Pondering what to work on.
Aditya007
Scratcher
42 posts

When Will they be Available, ????

Beta = 2.0 = Cloud = Better
Woo Hoo!!!

Flashlight: A Calculator, Different From Other Calculators
Try one of the best art languages of the world Converted Into Scratch, MS LOGO
A Great Mathematically Made Art Project, Flower Draw