Discuss Scratch

XXLightningstarXX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mapleshade's Scorn: A Warriors FanFic

Hey everyone! XXLightningstarXX here, and I'm back with another story. No surprise, right? Haha!

Anyway, this one is a Warriors FanFiction based solely on Mapleshade. It is told from Mapleshade's point of view.

PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS FANFICTION IF YOU DO NOT KNOW ABOUT MAPLESHADE'S PAST ALREADY. THIS FANFICTION IS FILLED WITH SPOILERS ABOUT MAPLESHADE.

All the information in this FanFiction is valid and taken from Warriors: Crookedstar's Promise and Warriors: Mapleshade's Vengeance.

BLURB:
Mapleshade roams in the shadows of the Dark Forest, the place cats go when they are evil and vengeful and not accepted into StarClan. But Mapleshade's past plays a huge part in her actions. You can hear about Mapleshade's entire life right here. Listen as Mapleshade's life is retold in a short story written in the she-cat herself's point of view.

Warriors, the Warriors books, the Warriors storylines used here, and the Warriors characters used here all belong to Erin Hunter.

Enjoy!

Last edited by XXLightningstarXX (April 23, 2015 22:07:47)

*If you're reading this, this is my signature guys, not part of whatever post you're reading*

Years ago, I posted several long fanfics here because I had no other platform to utilize. I wrote all of these fics when I was ten or eleven. Please keep that in mind.
XXLightningstarXX
Scratcher
100+ posts

I walk in the Dark Forest with other cats who have proven themselves worthy enough to tread these paths. We are strong. We are brave. We are clever. We seek revenge on those who have ruined us.
You have no idea what it feels like to be me. You can pretend all you want, but you will never know. It’s like I told Crookedstar:
“Can you imagine what that feels like? To be a loner when all you tried to do was love?”
Allow me to explain.
Long ago, back when I was still alive, I was a ThunderClan warrior. I had all the skill the Clan valued in a warrior, and some cats even thought I would be leader someday. I did too. That’s how it should have been.
Instead, I fell in love with Appledusk, a tom in RiverClan. I don’t know what I ever saw in him. For some strange reason, I loved him. We met in secret, and we regretted nothing. There was one obstacle in our relationship’s way, though, besides our Clans; Reedshine.
Reedshine was a RiverClan she-cat who was far too close to Appledusk for my taste. She always wanted to be near him, and it was obvious that Reedshine wanted Appledusk as her mate. I despised her for that. I’d mutter words of hate aimed at her, even though I knew she couldn’t hear.
Then, everything changed. I was going to have Appledusk’s kits. I was going to raise them perfectly and make them the strongest little warriors any cat had ever seen. I had big plans for these kits, these bundles of joy that were supposed to be mine.
They were supposed to be.
A while ago, there had been a battle, and Appledusk had accidentally pushed the ThunderClan warrior Birchface into the river. Birchface had drowned, and Birchface’s sister Frecklewish assumed that the reason I didn’t tell anyone who was the father of my kits was because he was dead. Frecklewish proceeded to assume, becoming sure that the father of my kits was her brother himself, and she thanked me for it.
Of course, Birchface was not the father of my kits. That guess wasn’t even close. But I didn’t correct Frecklewish, only because I didn’t want anyone to know that I’d had kits with Appledusk, not a ThunderClan cat.
After I gave birth, for a while, everyone still believed my mate had been Birchface. Then my secret came out.
I was exiled from my Clan, and I was forced to try to swim across the river to RiverClan with my kits. I was sure Appledusk would understand. And then it happened. My kits, my perfect, beautiful kits, drowned in the river. I tried to reach them, to grasp them and keep them safe and sound, but they were whisked away.
Appledusk was going to be punished as well, but that fish-hearted Reedshine defended him, saying that he was the most loyal RiverClan warrior she’d ever known. Then she told me to get out. And Appledusk blamed me for everything—me!
So I did. I became a loner—a rogue, rather—as a punishment for what I’d done. I’d just tried to love, and now I was being punished.
I know that most cats who face this situation just sit around, depressed and weak. But I didn’t. I was strong! I was a fighter! Since when did I let cats rip me to pieces and let them get away with it? Since never!
I was enraged, and even more so after I found out Appledusk had taken Reedshine as his new mate. And she was expecting his kits! He’d promised he’d only love me! That dumb she-cat had no right, and neither did he!
I attacked Reedshine. She and her not-yet-born kits had to die! It was the only way to make things right! As I pounced for her, my heart shattered into a million pieces when Appledusk leapt in front of her. No, I wasn’t afraid of hurting Appledusk. After what he’d done, I wanted to destroy him. But it was the fact that he dared protect that she-cat, and in front of me!
So I killed him. It was what Appledusk deserved. He deserved a bloody, horrible death, and that’s what he got. I felt no twinge of shame, no sadness welling inside me. Satisfaction spread through me that I had murdered the cat that had ruined my life. I went to the Dark Forest after I died, and I was proud.
But Reedshine lived on. She had her kits. Her kits had their own kits. And one of Reedshine’s kits’ daughters had Shellheart.
Shellheart was a RiverClan cat through and through. He became mates with Rainflower and also earned the title of RiverClan deputy.
Before the kit was even born, both cats from StarClan and the Dark Forest knew he would be RiverClan’s leader someday. The kit would be Shellheart’s kit, and he would grow up to be powerful and honored.
I had waited long enough to make Appledusk’s kin suffer. I had watched his kits and his kits’ kits grow up big and strong. Now Shellheart was going to have a kit that would become one of the best leaders of them all. How could I stand for that? How could I just stand around in the Dark Forest, knowing that Appledusk’s kin would be destined for greatness?
It had always been my kin that was supposed to be destined for greatness. But all of my kits drowned.
Stormkit was a fine kit. He was strong and bold and had the spirit of a leader. I knew what StarClan and the Dark Forest had found out about him was true.
Stormkit was born to Rainflower along with his brother Oakkit. Rainflower adored both of them until the day Stormkit fell from a tree and broke his jaw.
Rainflower neglected him after this, claiming he was an ugly mess. She loved Oakkit, though. She changed Stormkit’s name to Crookedkit, and as a punishment, her relationship with Shellheart ended. Rainflower neglected Crookedkit, and I ended up doing more for that tom than his own mother.
Crookedkit would someday be known as Crookedstar, and Oakkit would be known as Oakheart.
After seeing how Crookedstar was restless and burning with ambition that he could never show thanks to his mother’s disgracefulness, I struck. I told him that I could make him the greatest warrior the Clans had ever seen, that I could sculpt him into everything he ever wanted. But there was a price: he had to promise me that he’d hold his Clan more precious than anything else in the world. He accepted. I knew a young kit would never be able to see the trickery in this treacherous promise.
Crookedstar didn’t know he would’ve become leader even if I wasn’t involved.
I turned Crookedstar into the warrior I had once been. It took intense training, but I made him an even finer warrior than he would’ve been without me. But I wanted Crookedstar to suffer; that was the truth of it.
Slowly, I took everything Crookedstar loved most. I made him leave Rainflower to drown. I made him stay away from his love Willowbreeze enough so that he didn’t notice when she caught greencough, and she died. Because of this, when her kits were born before she died, her kits had greencough too. And two out of the three of the kits died. Crookedstar’s brother Oakheart fell in love with the ThunderClan cat Bluestar and compromised the loyalty he had for RiverClan. I made Crookedstar ignore the signs.
I broke the jaw of a squirrel as a fake omen so that Crookedstar would become deputy, which he did.
And then I made Crookedstar abandon Hailstar long enough so that Hailstar died from a rat attack. Crookedstar became leader, and I told him how I had led him to greatness. But he despised me now, and he understood what I had done to him.
When Crookedstar asked why I hated him, I explained everything. I explained what Appledusk had done to me. I explained how he was Appledusk’s kin. I explained how I would never let him slip out of my grasp, and I’d make him be in pain forever until he had nothing left to fight for.
I needed another cat to feel what it was to lose everything they ever cared about. That’s what happened to me, and I made it happen to Crookedstar, too.
Crookedstar thought his punishment was complete, and I left him alone for a while. Then I made him ignore the signs when his only living daughter, Silverstream, fell in love with the ThunderClan warrior Graystripe. When she had his kits and died because of too much blood loss, I made sure Crookedstar wouldn’t arrive or find out in time.
I can never make cats suffer enough for what happened to me. I am Mapleshade, and I fight against the cats that ruined my life. It is the only way to make things right.

Last edited by XXLightningstarXX (April 23, 2015 22:58:19)

*If you're reading this, this is my signature guys, not part of whatever post you're reading*

Years ago, I posted several long fanfics here because I had no other platform to utilize. I wrote all of these fics when I was ten or eleven. Please keep that in mind.
XXLightningstarXX
Scratcher
100+ posts

You made it this far, huh? I always praise those who read my stories and are still alive at the end. xD

Hope you didn't die of boredom! Tell me if you like it! I hope you did! :3

Robinwing99
Scratcher
10 posts

Sorry i didnt read it i couldnt be bothered but you inspired me!
————————————————————————————
-Robinwing99
Favourite OCs: Smokestar, Windrunner, Ripplelake (oh wait hes not on my profile but stilllll hes one)
XXLightningstarXX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Robinwing99 wrote:

-Robinwing99
Favourite OCs: Smokestar, Windrunner, Ripplelake (oh wait hes not on my profile but stilllll hes one)

Uh…how could I inspire you if you didn't read it? XD

Robinwing99
Scratcher
10 posts

XXLightningstarXX wrote:

Robinwing99 wrote:

-Robinwing99

Uh…how could I inspire you if you didn't read it? XD
I duno.. Oh yeah i read the first line!!
owllover926
Scratcher
22 posts

This is so Great, thank you for this
XXLightningstarXX
Scratcher
100+ posts

owllover926 wrote:

This is so Great, thank you for this

Thank you so much! And you're welcome XD