Discuss Scratch

Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please help test everything on this site starting Sunday evening (EST) - Monday 12:00 (EST)

We need all our alpha testers to please kick the tires, so we can have confidence that everything is working well when we open the site to beta testers at noon on Monday, Jan. 28th!

So if you can, come on over and try things out - and let us know if you find any issues Sunday night / Monday morning!
The_Scratch
Scratcher
60 posts

Please help test everything on this site starting Sunday evening (EST) - Monday 12:00 (EST)

You can count on me!

when green flag clicked
set [The_Scratch v] to [VoltageGames]
stop [The_Scratch v]
I've moved to @VoltageGames!
benjamin2
Scratcher
63 posts

Afraid that over here in the UK I'm gonna be asleep then but I can try Sunday morning and possibly afternoon
Mokat
Scratcher
100+ posts

Okay.

tlangster
Scratcher
100+ posts

May be able to…

Test account for FireNinjaGAME.
oshe10
Scratcher
100+ posts

funelephant
Scratcher
100+ posts

No problem!

beyoncé is real
fc: 4098 3216 7443
jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Everything is loading so much faster! Have you turbocharged the servers or something?
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jji7skyline
Everything is loading so much faster! Have you turbocharged the servers or something?

Nope, merely the power of code optimization!

Sayamindu and Shane went over stuff like the messages page to optimize, and were able to speed things up dramatically, thank goodness. Messages is like the 3rd most viewed page on the site - so it *has* to be fast.
Laternenpfahl
Scratcher
500+ posts

Also any chance of (probrably not) an alpha tester badge for those that were?

yeah, I'm still here
nXIII
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Laternenpfahl
Here:

Last edited by nXIII (Jan. 26, 2013 02:28:50)

nXIII · GitHub
Hardmath123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Done!
Laternenpfahl
Scratcher
500+ posts

nXIII
Laternenpfahl
Here:

As in one that cannot be copied by non-“veterans”

Good enough though

yeah, I'm still here
nXIII
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Laternenpfahl
As in one that cannot be copied by non-“veterans”
I know

nXIII · GitHub
mrsteve
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thanks, will test as time permits.

Question, I would like to get some of my students into the beta testing, how do they sign up?

Cheers,
Stephen

“If you give a child an answer, you solve a problem for a day,
If you teach a child to find the answers, you prepare her for life.”
- Mr. Steve's Science
CheeseMunchy
Scratcher
100+ posts

mrsteve

Question, I would like to get some of my students into the beta testing, how do they sign up?

Cheers,
Stephen
You don't even have too sign up. The website won't be password protected, so they can just roll on in.

Running Google Chrome on Windows 7.

Unidentified Flying Glitch
puffleisverycute123
Scratcher
3 posts

Lightnin, Is there any chance that i could change my name? I Don't really like my name anymore. Sorry to waste space on the forums with a stupid reply.
Please make this possible because
1. I hate my name
2..My name is so long and boring and no-one sees me so I'm really lonely with no-one looking at my projects and people don't know me

If you manage to do this please could you change my name to laptom, that is already an existing account, and it's mine. PLEASE DO THIS!!!
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CheeseMunchy
mrsteve

Cheers,
Stephen
You don't even have too sign up. The website won't be password protected, so they can just roll on in.

Ah, but it'll only be login-able for folks who had an accont on the old site prior to Jan. 26th.
mrsteve
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lightnin
Ah, but it'll only be login-able for folks who had an accont on the old site prior to Jan. 26th.

Is there anyway to get some extra accounts or can I let them use mine to save projects?

“If you give a child an answer, you solve a problem for a day,
If you teach a child to find the answers, you prepare her for life.”
- Mr. Steve's Science
veggieman001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mrsteve
Lightnin

Is there anyway to get some extra accounts or can I let them use mine to save projects?
You could also have them export the projects onto the computer and them import them back when they want to work on them later.