Discuss Scratch

GAME-BUILDER2018
Scratcher
100+ posts

Carpentry

GAME-BUILDER2018 wrote:

Something new coming soon! I have another sword that should be finished by the end of next week. It's currently being difficult though so don't expect it too soon.
So sorry for this taking forever it should be done eventually I won't say anymore than that though. The glue I'm using for the handle and hilt is very persnickety and takes 2-4 days to set properly.
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Carpentry

GAME-BUILDER2018 wrote:

GAME-BUILDER2018 wrote:

Something new coming soon! I have another sword that should be finished by the end of next week. It's currently being difficult though so don't expect it too soon.
So sorry for this taking forever it should be done eventually I won't say anymore than that though. The glue I'm using for the handle and hilt is very persnickety and takes 2-4 days to set properly.
That's a pretty unusually long time for a glue to set. What type of glue is it?

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
GAME-BUILDER2018
Scratcher
100+ posts

Carpentry

cheddargirl wrote:

GAME-BUILDER2018 wrote:

GAME-BUILDER2018 wrote:

It is an extremely strong industrial grade heavy duty craft adhesive. I can't remember the brand right now but I'll post a pic of it when I get the chance.
GAME-BUILDER2018
Scratcher
100+ posts

Carpentry

SOOOOO… It's been a while. I've been pretty busy recently and I know I promised pics of that glue but the tube is now too mangled to read. I also have finished a couple off metal swords one of which has a wooden handle wrapped in faux leather I think. I'll post pics later today.
GAME-BUILDER2018
Scratcher
100+ posts

Carpentry

Rohan inspired sword. Metal is aluminum the handle is pine the glue is E6000 industrial strength adhesive. This sword is only decorative, it is not fit for any kind of use.

Katana Machete inspired sword. Metal is Steel the Handle is a doubled 360 strider wrap with paracord. The second time over is considerably less tightly packed to give somewhere for my fingers to go easily to enhance the grip. With a little sharpening I could see this being useful as a machete nothing else. Most definitely not a sword. There is next to no balance in this thing it is very unwieldy.

My terrible crossbow. It will cock just fine and release the string but I can't get the bolts to actually go anywhere but down. I think this is because the string raises the bolt a little on the nock end and throws it in circles rather than straight.

As you can see it has no string since the one I had began to fray. I need to buy some more before I can do anymore testing.

So there you have it. Sorry for the long post but hopefully you enjoyed it. I have 3 planned projects upcoming hopefully soon but probably not too soon.

Last edited by GAME-BUILDER2018 (June 16, 2016 16:00:58)

GAME-BUILDER2018
Scratcher
100+ posts

Carpentry

cheddargirl wrote:

GAME-BUILDER2018 wrote:

GAME-BUILDER2018 wrote:

The glue in question is E6000 industrial glue. Sets and holds well but doesn't dry hard.It is still soft after drying.