Discuss Scratch

Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

6/27/13: Lots of little fixes...

* Fixed avatar images in forums and update feeds
* Can now click magnifying glass in search bar to search.
* Searches for studios should now show results.
* Fix for IE bug that made users have to click twice to change icon, instead of only once.
* Projects on the “Shared” row on profiles are now ordered by share date. So edits to old projects won't make them pop to the top of the list anymore - unless you unshare and then re-share them.
* Other little glitches…

Project Editor:
* More robust asset saving code
* Some minor changes to Cloud data debug calls (internal)
* Re-enable File > New menu item temporarily disabled as part of fixes to prevent saves before project finished loading.
* More robust saving code to prevent blanked projects. See: http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/9135/

Paint Editor:
* have duplicate tool in vector mode preview what it will duplicate on rollover

Scratch On!

Last edited by Lightnin (June 28, 2013 02:03:28)

mitchboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nice!

First post!

Last edited by mitchboy (June 27, 2013 22:11:16)

Capsicum annuum.
FirstSkyler1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lightnin, you don't seem to be trying to fix the major bug where you can't import sounds from your backpack to the project. Please, take a look at this bug.

Last edited by FirstSkyler1 (June 27, 2013 22:26:08)

Last edited by FirstSkyler1 (Dec. 18, 3013 7:45:49)
ocool72
Scratcher
43 posts

wow!
SSLegend99
Scratcher
50 posts

Yay bug fixes! Although I don't seem to be able to upload pics for my profile or studios from IE9.

Who needs a signature. Pfff
ezscratch
Scratcher
29 posts

Yeah, I think you should fix that glitch.

FirstSkyler1 wrote:

Lightnin, you don't seem to be trying to fix the major bug where you can't import sounds from your backpack to the project. Please, take a look at this bug.

It would be really useful!

Steve Jobs: “Everyone should learn how to program, because it teaches you how to think.”
Ezscratch

Scratch On!!!!!
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nice! Has the phone number filter been fixed to allow the hashes yet?

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
ezscratch
Scratcher
29 posts

ezscratch wrote:

Yeah, I think you should fix that glitch.

FirstSkyler1 wrote:

It would be really useful!
Wait….. did scratch just move back an hour? on my clock its 18:56, but the posts in this forum thread say 17:51?
EDIT: Did it just get fixed…….!? thanks scratch team!
EDIT: It just went back an hour again…….?
EDIT: Now its back again, it changes whenever I edit this….
EDIT:Now, its back two 2 hours….?
Back 1 hour…..?????
Back 3 HOURS?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
Back 1 hour?!?!?!?!?
Back 3 HOURS AGAIN!?!?!?!?!!??!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
ok right time now….
good… its not changing

Last edited by ezscratch (June 27, 2013 23:06:38)

Steve Jobs: “Everyone should learn how to program, because it teaches you how to think.”
Ezscratch

Scratch On!!!!!
OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Any fixes with reordering of projects? Are you working on it? ('cuz it's making me mad )

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

Umm… Just another glitch that no one has noticed… My profile picture still shows up as the french flag Nyan cat, when I changed it a while ago. It shows up as the updated one on my profile and comments, but not in the forums.

NEVERMIND! :O That's embarassing… It wasn't like that a few days ago. thanks!

Last edited by jkl0l (June 27, 2013 23:51:23)

This made me cry. NO!!! NOT THE BOW TIE!!!
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have found that changing the image still requires a double-click, and I get an error message when I try to change my profile picture (more info here).

Thanks for working to keep the website running well, ST!
~ Surge

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
mikey350
Scratcher
14 posts

Cloud lists! Please Cloud Lists!

Check out my profile for lots of games, simulators, and more! Add everything studios
thebigbyte
Scratcher
13 posts

there are still a few bugs that haven't been addressed, like the paint bucket not filling a solid rectangle in vector mode. Overall i am glad that the scratch team are actively fixing bugs because it BUGS me when websites have lots of errors and the creators of the website don't even bother to fix them.

thebigbyte
lightsong1
Scratcher
60 posts

FirstSkyler1 wrote:

YUS

Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SSLegend99 wrote:

Yay bug fixes! Although I don't seem to be able to upload pics for my profile or studios from IE9.

Oh no. You fix on IE bug and it brings in a new one.
Can you describe what's happening when you try? If you think they might help show the error, screenshots would be welcome.
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FirstSkyler1 wrote:

Yes! We're still at the state where we can't reproduce it - can you give us your OS, browser, and a link to one of the sound files that shows this problem?
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

Umm… Just another glitch that no one has noticed… My profile picture still shows up as the french flag Nyan cat, when I changed it a while ago. It shows up as the updated one on my profile and comments, but not in the forums.

NEVERMIND! :O That's embarassing… It wasn't like that a few days ago. thanks!

Because we just fixed it. XD
You are welcome!

thebigbyte wrote:

there are still a few bugs that haven't been addressed, like the paint bucket not filling a solid rectangle in vector mode. Overall i am glad that the scratch team are actively fixing bugs because it BUGS me when websites have lots of errors and the creators of the website don't even bother to fix them.

Me too! We've still got quite a few to get through, but we're making progress. The paint bucket not filling in vector isn't a bug though - it's the way vector works in general. We may try to workaround that some day, but not soon (it's surprisingly difficult to do paint bucket fills in vector).

Last edited by Lightnin (June 28, 2013 02:06:33)

Waity100
Scratcher
10 posts

PLEASE ADD CLOUD LISTS!!!
Waity100
Scratcher
10 posts

mikey350 wrote:

Cloud lists! Please Cloud Lists!
I Sorta Said That Before You Did…

Last edited by Waity100 (June 28, 2013 03:29:17)

Exhelah
Scratcher
100+ posts

Waity100 wrote:

PLEASE ADD CLOUD LISTS!!!
Just be patient, it's coming…hopefully soon…

Move along. Nothing to see here.