Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

Songs We're Making and Creating Part 2: Revenge of the Music: Prepare Your Ears

luiysia wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

generosity wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Thanks for the feedback on my song generosity! I don't think you quite understood the story of the song, but points for trying! I do need to work on my singing, and I guess I should have tried harder to make everything closer to perfect.
You're welcome jji7skyline! And that's okay, I understood it perfectly. From what I understand, it's a song about waking up and feeling so happy that you realize you don't need companionship anymore And he's illiterate. He also seems to be consoling her like “It's alright, I'm just leaving you because I looked up at the sky and felt pretty good about life.”
Yea… No.
well, would you like to explain for us plebs?
The girl is actually the atomic bomb

generosity
Scratcher
500+ posts

Iditaroid wrote:

luiysia wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

generosity wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Thanks for the feedback on my song generosity! I don't think you quite understood the story of the song, but points for trying! I do need to work on my singing, and I guess I should have tried harder to make everything closer to perfect.
You're welcome jji7skyline! And that's okay, I understood it perfectly. From what I understand, it's a song about waking up and feeling so happy that you realize you don't need companionship anymore And he's illiterate. He also seems to be consoling her like “It's alright, I'm just leaving you because I looked up at the sky and felt pretty good about life.”
Yea… No.
if only

“Take a hard look at the dollar bill and ask yourself, is this really what people are dying for?” - Lil B
jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

generosity wrote:

Iditaroid wrote:

luiysia wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

generosity wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Yea… No.
if only
Basically he doesn't want to fight with anyone because it's such a good day and everything's going so well. He doesn't want to waste energy on a conflict that will not bring any benefits to anyone. A girl is not involved as far as I know. Or a break up.
generosity
Scratcher
500+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

generosity wrote:

Iditaroid wrote:

luiysia wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

generosity wrote:

jji7skyline wrote:

Yea… No.
if only
Basically he doesn't want to fight with anyone because it's such a good day and everything's going so well. He doesn't want to waste energy on a conflict that will not bring any benefits to anyone. A girl is not involved as far as I know. Or a break up.
“and I just wanna leave ya” :T

“Take a hard look at the dollar bill and ask yourself, is this really what people are dying for?” - Lil B
luiysia
Scratcher
500+ posts

generosity wrote:

“and I just wanna leave ya” :T
that line is really the only thing that hinted at a conflict… the rest is generally, yeah, good times, the world is great, blue skies (basically what i assumed sekiranun graffiti was about before reading a translation)
very vague story in general

Last edited by luiysia (Aug. 4, 2014 02:31:35)

It’s such a little thing to weep—
So short a thing to sigh—
And yet—by Trades—the size of these
We men and women die!

- Emily Dickinson
jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not leave a girl, leave as in go out.

I actually sing “and I just wanna leave, yea”, not “and I just want wanna leave ya (you)”.
generosity
Scratcher
500+ posts

“I wake up in the morning light, I step outside and I feel alright
And that's how it should be, yeah” happy fun times

“I ??? as I step inside and I need to find a place to hide
And I just wanna leave, yeah” sad, conflict

“Sit back on the sofa, watch the clear blue sky, and that's when I realise
I feel mighty pleased, yeah” happy again…:^)

and the whole rest of the song is happy like that

Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

jji7skyline what about that little “???” in the lyrics what are you saying there

Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

Wheres all the BUZZ & EXCITEMENT for this album! The long-awaited release is HERE and only a handful of people are TALKING ABOUT IT, where is everyone?

puppetadventurer
Scratcher
100+ posts

veggie how many people have downloaded it??

veggieman001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

8 people downloaded the entire comp and someone only downloaded “Generova”. In addition, 2 people downloaded the last one, and the first two were downloaded once each.

Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

veggieman001 wrote:

8 people downloaded the entire comp and someone only downloaded “Generova”. In addition, 2 people downloaded the last one, and the first two were downloaded once each.
How do these STATS compare to the ones for other albums

veggieman001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All-time downloads
The top played tracks are from older comps; the most played is the opener to the first comp, “Diablo” by Necromancer, at 182 plays.
Play stats for this album

jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Iditaroid wrote:

jji7skyline what about that little “???” in the lyrics what are you saying there
“Hard things fly as I step inside and I need to find a place to hide.”

Hard things as in mean words, therefore I find a place to avoid the conflict.

veggieman001 wrote:

All-time downloads
The top played tracks are from older comps; the most played is the opener to the first comp, “Diablo” by Necromancer, at 182 plays.
The second image you linked with the play stats for the album, what do the coloured bars mean?
whizzer
Scratcher
500+ posts

generosity wrote:

Whoa. Okay. This song is just a mix of a bunch of samples and synths and music you made with Seaquence. It also happens to go on for 10 minutes. There is no order whatsoever. Though I have to say, there are individual parts that I pick out that sound nice, and that brings your score up to 1/10

whizzer wrote:

Oh, and the story behind my track: I built a music engine in Scratch (well, BYOB), using 43 Emoji icons. There were eight sprites which you could click to change the icon. Each icon played a different note and they played sequentially once the green flag was clicked, on a loop. There were also three “background” sprites which randomly changed icon and ran in a different loop. The instrument was changed in 3 choosable different ways - randomly each repeat; in order from 1 to 128; and randomly each repeat, but with each instrument only used once. That last one was what I went for and the other two tracks will be released in a future album.
Later I redid it with some NodeBeat over the top so it wasn't completely horrible. Is it possible to include this in the about page of my song?
(Yay I'm last! Wait, is that good or bad?)
whizzer
Scratcher
500+ posts

jji7skyline wrote:

Iditaroid wrote:

“Hard things fly as I step inside and I need to find a place to hide.”

Hard things as in mean words, therefore I find a place to avoid the conflict.

veggieman001 wrote:

All-time downloads
The second image you linked with the play stats for the album, what do the coloured bars mean?
Green means a full play (over 90% played), yellow is partial (before 90%), red is a “skip” (before 10%).
Oh, and a lot of those downloads of Songs We're Making and Creating were probably me. I kept deleting or losing copies of my albums that were downloaded onto my Nexus 7 and then also downloading them again on my computer to put on my Google Play Music library. I am also that guy who kept downloading More is Less.
NeilWest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

veggieman001 wrote:

All-time downloads
I have the second most skips.

Iditaroid
Scratcher
500+ posts

whizzer wrote:

(Yay I'm last! Wait, is that good or bad?)
Well, whizzer, your song was 10 minutes. Had it been, say, the first song on the album, it would have a lot more skips than it does now.

luiysia
Scratcher
500+ posts

wow, my song got a surprising number of plays! nice

It’s such a little thing to weep—
So short a thing to sigh—
And yet—by Trades—the size of these
We men and women die!

- Emily Dickinson
backspace_
Scratcher
67 posts

generosity wrote:

13. Family Knives - “Pudding”
It seems calming, and then you throw in a soca drum rhythm like it's a dance track. New things are added, all of which seem relaxing and calming, but the entire time, there is the soca rhythm kinda forcing it into a dance feel. Then there's a break, and it has a slightly more complex drum pattern, and the music has switched to fit the feel. It builds up to a climax that feels too intense for the song – and then abruptly stops. The song constantly changes, but never the melody chord progression, and it just feels forced into these changes. 4/10
I can't really knock on your song except for that it transitioned great into a transition type part, but never went anywhere from there. It stayed in that transition sounding zone for the rest of the song, which was a problem. Other than that it was a great song, production was done great.