Discuss Scratch

epicepicman
Scratcher
500+ posts

Team Fortress 2

JudasR wrote:

what happened ):
Wait… nothing MODERN? What about teleporters and cloaking watches? I'm pretty sure those didn't exist in the 50s.

NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Fortress 2

epicepicman wrote:

JudasR wrote:

what happened ):
Wait… nothing MODERN? What about teleporters and cloaking watches? I'm pretty sure those didn't exist in the 50s.
Ahem… Australium.
JudasR
Scratcher
71 posts

Team Fortress 2

epicepicman wrote:

JudasR wrote:

what happened ):
they don't exist now either, but they at least had the 50's aesthetic tf used to strive to maintain

AHAHAHAHAHAH BUGS
elfin8er
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Fortress 2

Sellout wrote:

I'd play if I could find a patient person willing to teach/help me until I'm good enough! And I hate having to play with other people it makes me so nervous!
lol! Same with me!

Edit: Is there a Scratch TF2 server? There should so be one!

Last edited by elfin8er (May 31, 2013 21:53:42)

epicepicman
Scratcher
500+ posts

Team Fortress 2

elfin8er wrote:

Sellout wrote:

I'd play if I could find a patient person willing to teach/help me until I'm good enough! And I hate having to play with other people it makes me so nervous!
lol! Same with me!

I'm trying to set one up right now, but it's way harder to set it up than something like a Minecraft server, which is already pretty tricky.

elfin8er
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Fortress 2

epicepicman wrote:

elfin8er wrote:

Sellout wrote:

lol! Same with me!

I'm trying to set one up right now, but it's way harder to set it up than something like a Minecraft server, which is already pretty tricky.
Awesome! I'll join as soon as it's up, and if TF2 is finished downloading. I reformatted my hard drive, so I have to reinstall it.

Edit: YAY! It finished downloading. Oh, and if you need any staff, I'd be way more than glad to help you out!
Edit2: Add my on Steam! My username is elfin8er.
Edit3: Welp, I'm stuck on Ubuntu, and my keyboard and mouse are messed up in-game Trying to fix.

Last edited by elfin8er (June 1, 2013 03:41:47)

16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Team Fortress 2

I've begun using the degreaser/reserve shooter. Learning to play a legit strategy is definitely helping me improve.

Back from hiatus?
dantefrizzoli
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Fortress 2

I <3 Steam. I heard they are coming out with a gaming console for the TV too. I wonder if all the games will be available, I like to play TF2 sometimes too.

I'm Dante. I am passionate about programming, writing and personal growth.
16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Team Fortress 2

dantefrizzoli wrote:

I <3 Steam. I heard they are coming out with a gaming console for the TV too. I wonder if all the games will be available, I like to play TF2 sometimes too.
Well since Valve probably isn't going to create a full OS, it will probably run either Windows or Linux, both of whoch support TF2.

Back from hiatus?
zubblewu
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Fortress 2

i got a 122 kill streak with pyro

elfin8er
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Fortress 2

16Skittles wrote:

dantefrizzoli wrote:

Well since Valve probably isn't going to create a full OS, it will probably run either Windows or Linux, both of whoch support TF2.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be linux based, but apparently “users can ”install Windows if they want.“”
16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Team Fortress 2

elfin8er wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

dantefrizzoli wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's going to be linux based, but apparently “users can ”install Windows if they want.“”
Yeah, basically it's just a normal PC with custom components to fit it into a smaller form, intended as an HTPC instead of a conventional desktop.

Back from hiatus?
elfin8er
Scratcher
100+ posts

Team Fortress 2

16Skittles wrote:

elfin8er wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

dantefrizzoli wrote:

Yeah, basically it's just a normal PC with custom components to fit it into a smaller form, intended as an HTPC instead of a conventional desktop.
I personally think it's pretty neat. Depending on how powerful it is, it'd be nice to take your desktop anywhere pretty easily.
muppetds
Scratcher
62 posts

Team Fortress 2

Bumping this topic up

Im currently getting strange weapons from the TF2 Warehouse and of course scrap metal from Scrap Warehouse - buggy right now, i suggest you use scrap.tf until they iron out the bugs.

My backpack is here for you to see
Add me on steam if you want, just let me know that you are from scratch.

elfin8er I'm adding you.

I generally play on Nighteam servers or on Saxton Hale servers.

Last edited by muppetds (Sept. 4, 2013 08:27:18)

LongTerm Scratcher.
I pop in every now and then.
Add me on Steam (muppetds) if you need me straightaway.
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Fortress 2

Woah!

Haven't played that game in ages!

Also, I'm not really THAT often on Steam, somebody needs to make a HUGE rant to explain all this to me.
The last time I played it was when my relative left and they recommended me war games, and that was about a year ago?

Anyone want to help me get back on track and become more pro in it? :3 Also, I'm sharing my Steam account with somebody else already, so I need to ask them to download TF2/add you as friends again on their steam.

I don't know when I will get my own Steam account; maybe when I want to get Miasmata?

But I don't often ask my parents for games! >3<

Last edited by Mewly (Sept. 4, 2013 09:31:51)

muppetds
Scratcher
62 posts

Team Fortress 2

Mewly wrote:

Woah!

Haven't played that game in ages!

Also, I'm not really THAT often on Steam, somebody needs to make a HUGE rant to explain all this to me.
The last time I played it was when my relative left and they recommended me war games, and that was about a year ago?

Anyone want to help me get back on track and become more pro in it? :3 Also, I'm sharing my Steam account with somebody else already, so I need to ask them to download TF2/add you as friends again on their steam.

I don't know when I will get my own Steam account; maybe when I want to get Miasmata?

Practice makes perfect!
I would also read these guides
http://steamcommunity.com/id/InstaCakes/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides&appid=440

LongTerm Scratcher.
rabbit1131
Scratcher
13 posts

Team Fortress 2

I'm disturbed that I have 700 hats, 200 stranges, 5 unusuals, and 36 keys… I really am…

TF2 = Bestest game eva C:
epicepicman
Scratcher
500+ posts

Team Fortress 2

rabbit1131 wrote:

I'm disturbed that I have 700 hats, 200 stranges, 5 unusuals, and 36 keys… I really am…

I have 2 stranges, 5 hats, and 1 ref… HOW?

Flamekebab
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Team Fortress 2

Mewly wrote:

Which bit?

I could explain pretty much all of it but I don't really know what has you confused.

Mewly wrote:

Don't get caught sharing an account. It's against Steam's ToS.

Mewly wrote:

Steam accounts are free. TF2 is free.

To play all you need to do is register an account and download it.

Mewly wrote:

Save up some money and wait for a Steam sale. There'll be one around Christmas, Easter, and during the Summer. Create a wishlist and you'll even be notified by email when those games are on offer.

Games you buy do not have to be downloaded there and then. Buying them attaches them to your account. When there's a sale I buy lots of stuff very cheaply and play it throughout the year. Also things like Humble Bundles and Indie Royale bundles often provide games very cheaply, supplied as Steam keys.

I've been playing a lot of The Binding of Isaac lately. With the DLC I think I paid about £1 - £1.50 for it. It normally sells for £3.99 (+£1.99 for the DLC). I've also been playing Receiver. It cost me £2.39. It normally sells for £3.99.

I bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for £3.74 in the last sale. The rest of the time it sells for £14.99.

Buying stuff for full price is so unnecessary. I rarely play the new game in the same month it comes out so what's the hurry?

Getting back to the point, here's my TF2 backpack.
muppetds
Scratcher
62 posts

Team Fortress 2

epicepicman wrote:

rabbit1131 wrote:

I have 2 stranges, 5 hats, and 1 ref… HOW?

Lots of playing..
Im intending on trying to get every strange and then every standard wep thats left over, with a special hat that i like and is rare enough so they can tell its me who just destroyed 12 sentries, killed the 3 engies and pushed the cart to the end with my good partner

But ye it takes time and plenty of patience.

EDIT: And a friend who has plenty of spare stranges for me to buy..
And ontop of that TFWH is now no longer filled up due to scripters.

Any people looking to sell stranges, come to me first

Last edited by muppetds (Sept. 5, 2013 14:50:54)

LongTerm Scratcher.