Discuss Scratch

DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

Doctor Who Official Topic [SPOILERS]

Tierage27 wrote:

DIY wrote:

Tierage27 wrote:

Has anyone seen Nightmare in Silver yet?
Yeah, I have. I don't like the idea of the kids though. They kinda ruin it for me…

Anyway, on a brighter note, I'm glad the Cybermen made a return. They are also a bit scarier than in the previous episodes which adds to the thrill. All in all, a nice episode, as was the previous one. What did you think of it?

I really liked it. I think the only downside is that there wasn't much about Clara at all.
The Name of the Doctor is gonna be fascinating to see next weekend.

Great performance by Matt Smith though on this episode. I loved the way he portrayed the personas of his natural self and the Cyberiad.

Last edited by DIY (May 12, 2013 11:30:28)

calebxy
Scratcher
100+ posts

ImagineIt wrote:

mythbusteranimator wrote:

Wait. Do you know what this means? If Smith IS the 12th Doctor, than the Doctor WILL have more than 11 regenerations! Remember when he was shot and killed by the astronaut? Well, HE BEGAN TO REGENERATE! He COULDN'T have done that unless Moffat wants a major plot hole.
It's 12 regenerations, not 11. And the Doctor already said he had 507+
That was a joke to get Clyde (or whatever his name was) to stop talking. Also, notice: 5+0+7=12.

Check out my newest and best Spider-Man web-swinging game! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/273465603/
DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

calebxy wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

Wait. Do you know what this means? If Smith IS the 12th Doctor, than the Doctor WILL have more than 11 regenerations! Remember when he was shot and killed by the astronaut? Well, HE BEGAN TO REGENERATE! He COULDN'T have done that unless Moffat wants a major plot hole.
That was a joke to get Clyde (or whatever his name was) to stop talking. Also, notice: 5+0+7=12.
So the rumour was wrong after all?
calebxy
Scratcher
100+ posts

DIY wrote:

calebxy wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

So the rumour was wrong after all?
What rumour?

Check out my newest and best Spider-Man web-swinging game! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/273465603/
soupoftomato
Scratcher
100+ posts

They better not reveal the name of the Doctor in the Name of the Doctor cause I mean really

EDIT: Typo.
DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

soupoftomato wrote:

They better not reveal the name of the Doctor in the Name of the Doctor cause I mean really
I agree. It will change the series forever…
Nomolos
Scratcher
100+ posts

DIY wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

I agree. It will change the series forever…
I doubt they will. I mean, there was an episode called The Next Doctor, but it really wasn't the regeneration episode.

This account quit, but I'm still active on my other account, SilverEagle.

Hey! Are you not sure what you shouldn't be doing on Scratch? Reread the Community Guidelines, they'll help.
giratina12
Scratcher
100+ posts

soupoftomato wrote:

That would definitely change Doctor Who forever. I hope they do reveal his name, but I also hope they don't at the same time.

Hello! If you need help, just ask me on my homepage! I am good with quite a few things, and I can be a good friend!
DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

Thing is, Moffat has guaranteed that such secrets will be revealed in recent interviews I read. Then again, he's famous for his red herrings.
mythbusteranimator
Scratcher
1000+ posts

giratina12 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

That would definitely change Doctor Who forever. I hope they do reveal his name, but I also hope they don't at the same time.
Moffat: “He's name should be BOB!”

I've been listening to…
Ogre Battle // Queen // Queen II // Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Progressive Metal
Orion // Metallica // Master of Puppets // Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Instrumental
Damage Inc. // Metallica// Master of Puppets // Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal
Snow (Hey Oh) // Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Snow (Hey Oh) // Soft Rock, Acoustic
Who Wants To Live Forever // Queen // A Kind of Magic // Power Ballad, Soft Rock
I suggest you listen to…
For a influential playlist: Damage Inc and Orion. Both of these songs are part of the album that revolutionized heavy and thrash metal forever.
soupoftomato
Scratcher
100+ posts

Let's be honest

Matt Smith is returning for Series 8 and it's disappointing cause he's getting stale.

ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yeah. I want a new Doctor.
I don't care if they're ginger or brunnete.
Dark skinned or light skinned.
Woman or man.
Tall or short.
Silly or serious.
He needs to change already!
DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I do too, but I've had enough of him.
hungergamesfanatic
Scratcher
24 posts

i've always thought that the doctor regenerating into a woman would be cool, but now i'm kinda against it, i don't know why
DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

Matt is pretty humorous in his own write, a different brand from Tennant (although he was great too). He worked well with Karen and Arthur, and now is doing pretty well with Jenna as well.
soupoftomato
Scratcher
100+ posts

Doesn't matter how good he is.

Part of what makes Doctor Who interesting is the constant changing. If a Doctor stays too long it can start to get boring. Matt Smith is starting to be more of the same every single episode. (Constant forced in-jokes take the impact of the original joke away and get stale after the first repetition*,) Also, a lot of times he's just saying random stuff. “I collect funny-insects . . . I'm starting now!” (or however it goes) felt like something 11 would say but didn't feel like a natural conversation. He's become flanderized as some extremely quirky guy. I did love Matt Smith in his first season though. The newest episode was refreshing just because he got to act differently. Tangentially, I really want to see more “dark” Timelord stuff happen. The Timelord Victorious was never used properly because all it amounted to was a ten-minute (albeit great) rant at the end of an episode, when seeing that in action would have been really interesting.

So yeah, Matt Smith can go make his movie with Ryan Gosling and we can get something new for a change.

I'd have liked it if the cyberman took over the Doctor for a bit, honestly.

Also, Clara has been built up as such an enigma, with the multiple deaths and everything, that I don't think I'll ever feel like she's just a proper companion. She'll always be the “special” girl and they'll never truly operate on the same level that all the other companions have because of it.

*A lot of my complaints also fall down to Moffat. Gosh. Direct/write some more one-off episodes while someone else show-runs but get over yourself man.

Last edited by soupoftomato (May 15, 2013 02:03:49)

DIY
Scratcher
500+ posts

soupoftomato wrote:

Part of what makes Doctor Who interesting is the constant changing. If a Doctor stays too long it can start to get boring. Matt Smith is starting to be more of the same every single episode. (Constant forced in-jokes take the impact of the original joke away and get stale after the first repetition*,) Also, a lot of times he's just saying random stuff. “I collect funny-insects . . . I'm starting now!” (or however it goes) felt like something 11 would say but didn't feel like a natural conversation. He's become flanderized as some extremely quirky guy. I did love Matt Smith in his first season though. The newest episode was refreshing just because he got to act differently. Tangentially, I really want to see more “dark” Timelord stuff happen. The Timelord Victorious was never used properly because all it amounted to was a ten-minute (albeit great) rant at the end of an episode, when seeing that in action would have been really interesting.

So yeah, Matt Smith can go make his movie with Ryan Gosling and we can get something new for a change.

Also, Clara has been built up as such an enigma, with the multiple deaths and everything, that I don't think I'll ever feel like she's just a proper companion. She'll always be the “special” girl and they'll never truly operate on the same level that all the other companions have because of it.

*A lot of my complaints also fall down to Moffat. Gosh. Direct/write some more one-off episodes while someone else show-runs but get over yourself man.
The problem is that Matt Smith has got typecast by many viewers as ‘some extremely quirky guy’ because BBC wants him to maintain a family friendly image. He's not necessarily the one to blame for this, but I do agree that the Pond days were his best. Also, Moffat's done great things for the show like I mentioned sometime back, but now appears to be monopolising and going a bit overboard with his influence like you say. I don't hate either one for those things though; these are just my opinions.
mythbusteranimator
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DIY wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

The problem is that Matt Smith has got typecast by many viewers as ‘some extremely quirky guy’ because BBC wants him to maintain a family friendly image. He's not necessarily the one to blame for this, but I do agree that the Pond days were his best. Also, Moffat's done great things for the show like I mentioned sometime back, but now appears to be monopolising and going a bit overboard with his influence like you say. I don't hate either one for those things though; these are just my opinions.
I like the early Pond days the most.

I've been listening to…
Ogre Battle // Queen // Queen II // Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Progressive Metal
Orion // Metallica // Master of Puppets // Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Instrumental
Damage Inc. // Metallica// Master of Puppets // Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal
Snow (Hey Oh) // Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Snow (Hey Oh) // Soft Rock, Acoustic
Who Wants To Live Forever // Queen // A Kind of Magic // Power Ballad, Soft Rock
I suggest you listen to…
For a influential playlist: Damage Inc and Orion. Both of these songs are part of the album that revolutionized heavy and thrash metal forever.
GameHutSoftware
Scratcher
53 posts

hungergamesfanatic wrote:

Warning Spoilers.
This is horrible. MOFFAT. I don't think the Doctor can onnly regenerate twelve times. I think he can regen more.

What the heck, Moffat. There's a reson I like season one and two so much, because he wasn't producing it.

On occasionally, every week or so.