Discuss Scratch

EMPedemonte20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 0.x

Does ANYONE have any of the old streak downloads. I really want to get my hands on some old versions. Any help appreciated

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who know binary code, and people who don't.
My mod, NoMod!!!
Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

I think that djdolphin has an archive.

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
EMPedemonte20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 0.x

Blueinkproductions wrote:

I think that djdolphin has an archive.
I know. But there is no pre 1.0

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who know binary code, and people who don't.
My mod, NoMod!!!
djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

The Streak downloads didn't have any versions older than 1.0.

Last edited by djdolphin (June 11, 2014 11:21:15)

!
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

Well, here's the wiki article, but I don't see any downloads. Sounds like it was an unavailable beta.
whizzer
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 0.x

I still think that someone had a copy somewhere on the old 1.4 forums. I can't be sure, though.
EMPedemonte20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 0.x

whizzer wrote:

I still think that someone had a copy somewhere on the old 1.4 forums. I can't be sure, though.
There is a forum archive here: http://scratchforums.blob8108.net/forums/

My mod, NoMod!!!
djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

whizzer wrote:

A while ago I searched and searched my local archive and couldn't find any downloads for 0.x.

!
djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

Okay, I sent an email to the ST asking about this, but I've never been able to get a reply from them.

!
EMPedemonte20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 0.x

djdolphin wrote:

Okay, I sent an email to the ST asking about this, but I've never been able to get a reply from them.
I really hope they will get it to us. Also, in the scratch wiki image, it shows something about shouting ‘Go’. In the source code of 1.4, in the presentation mode code, clicking the green flag activates “shoutGo”. I think if we got our hands on something related to this, it would explain lots of information in scratch 2.0. Also, there seems to be procedures and custom block definitions in 0.2 beta.

My mod, NoMod!!!
djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

I got a reply from the Scratch Team, and they said there's no place to download it.

!
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

djdolphin wrote:

I got a reply from the Scratch Team, and they said there's no place to download it.
Gone forever there has to be some hard drive out in the wide world with it!

djdolphin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

I found some info on “new” and removed features in the beta version of Scratch from 2006. I also found the same thing for 1.0. I think I also found the previous download page for the beta version. All the links are broken, though.

Edit: I FOUND A DOWNLOAD PAGE FROM 2004! More broken links, and they were never archived.

MEGA EDIT: WORKING DOWNLOADS!!!!! They're extremely ugly looking, and the font was Comic Sans. After years, I've finally found a download!

Some of the different blocks:

The paint editor:

Edit: Added it to my archive.

Last edited by djdolphin (June 13, 2014 22:40:18)

!
RandomPerson1789
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 0.x

I want to download pre 1.0 for my mac (version 10.3.9). To have scratch 1.4, you have to have mac os 10.4
gravtest
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 0.x

RandomPerson1789 wrote:

I want to download pre 1.0 for my mac (version 10.3.9). To have scratch 1.4, you have to have mac os 10.4
{scrapped}

Previous versions of Scratch running on older Macs isn't very probable, and 1.4 projects run in 2.0 just fine.

Last edited by gravtest (June 14, 2014 14:51:09)

davidkt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

YESSSSSSS!!!! Thank you!!

Remember when I looked like this? I still do.

Float, my Scratch 2.0 mod | My (somewhat under-construction) blog
powerpoint56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

Really cool!

Explore, my Scratch mod | Car Crash | My projects | (image by @MicroMacro)
davidkt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

IKR?! And it has so many features that I can't believe they removed!

Remember when I looked like this? I still do.

Float, my Scratch 2.0 mod | My (somewhat under-construction) blog
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 0.x

djdolphin wrote:

WORKING DOWNLOADS!!!!!
Very cool! I don't believe anyone's ever found those before.

Someone should add a link to Development of Scratch 1.0! I added a note to the talk page.

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it
EMPedemonte20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 0.x

Just because we found one pre- 1.0 version doesn't mean we're done, so let's find some more!!!

My mod, NoMod!!!