Discuss Scratch

MSPA
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I'm not gonna get it. It's basically another X/Y. Seriously- Mega Evolving? YOUR MARSHTOMP MEGA EVOLVED. THE CHAMPION BEAT YOUR MEGA EVOLVED MARSHTOMP. Your character looks like an anime character. I like the actually pixelly design. Makes it feel Pokemon-ish. The option to change your character's clothes is dumb anyway. I have 100 opinions on this game. I have Pokemon Y, but I never play it. Besides, some people actually finish X/Y in a day. What fun is THAT? Not fun at all.

ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This won't be beatable in a day. It's most likely very close to the original Ruby/Sapphire with more features.
MLG1337
Scratcher
100+ posts

MSPA wrote:

I'm not gonna get it. It's basically another X/Y. Seriously- Mega Evolving? YOUR MARSHTOMP MEGA EVOLVED. THE CHAMPION BEAT YOUR MEGA EVOLVED MARSHTOMP. Your character looks like an anime character. I like the actually pixelly design. Makes it feel Pokemon-ish. The option to change your character's clothes is dumb anyway. I have 100 opinions on this game. I have Pokemon Y, but I never play it. Besides, some people actually finish X/Y in a day. What fun is THAT? Not fun at all.
1. Another X/Y? Then I guess Heart Gold/Soul silver is another Diamond and Pearl?
2. It's Swampert, not Marshtomp.
3. What's wrong with that? Do you want them to look realistic?
4. Character customization is a great idea, it makes you more noticeable and it's easier to find people using PSS.
5. You can finish the main story in a day, but there's TONS of stuff do after you beat the main story.

Last edited by MLG1337 (June 27, 2014 00:13:01)

3DS FC: 0216-1229-1340
NNID: GoldenBlur
Nohr all the way ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Catattack12
Scratcher
100+ posts

MSPA wrote:

1. Oh so every single game is just a remix of the old ones. Yes, that makes them all rubbish. Before any of you say that new Pokémon like the Unova ones are rubbish, look at this: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1587458/ (This also applies for other new regions as well)
2. Swampert not Marshtomp.
3. Yeah I liked it too, but the new design I think is great as well. Also, you can finally walk diagonally now!
4. What about in the old games when you couldn't change clothes? Some of the clothes looked rubbish anyway. Now that you can change them, it's another thing to do once you've completed the main game: Buy all the clothes
5. I have X&Y and Y took me several months to complete. I'm still on X, but after 1 hour I've only reached the first city with a gym and have 0 gym badges. Also, the post game is interesting as well. Along with the typical complete the Pokédex, there's get all the Mega Evolution Stones, find all the hidden items (Dowsing Machine), find a SHINY, buy all the clothes (See above) etc.

Hardy har har
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Catattack12 wrote:

MSPA wrote:

1. Oh so every single game is just a remix of the old ones. Yes, that makes them all rubbish. Before any of you say that new Pokémon like the Unova ones are rubbish, look at this: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1587458/ (This also applies for other new regions as well)
3. Yeah I liked it too, but the new design I think is great as well. Also, you can finally walk diagonally now!
4. What about in the old games when you couldn't change clothes? Some of the clothes looked rubbish anyway. Now that you can change them, it's another thing to do once you've completed the main game: Buy all the clothes
5. I have X&Y and Y took me several months to complete. I'm still on X, but after 1 hour I've only reached the first city with a gym and have 0 gym badges. Also, the post game is interesting as well. Along with the typical complete the Pokédex, there's get all the Mega Evolution Stones, find all the hidden items (Dowsing Machine), find a SHINY, buy all the clothes (See above) etc.
The X and Y storyline in my opinion was pitiful compared to the other games. They didn't seem to have fresh ideas, Team Flare was just too corny, there was no intensity, and the world was literally less that HALF the size of Black 2 and White 2. 3D graphics were not supported in the open world even, and the game was generally rushed. The 3DS hardware performed some 3D battles at an extremely low framerate also.

And the music was not as catchy as that of the original 8-bit Gold and Silver. The only tune I liked was the Elite Four music. And don't get me started on that, why is the final battle in some upstairs of a mansion? What happened to he Pokemon League being in a page stadium with thousands of fans? What happened, on another topic, to the Anime becoming so less creative and less funny? Pokemon is not as good as it used to be, no matter how many ice-cream cone Pokemon they create. The Pokemon designs are not as good, either, in my opinion.

Last edited by turkey3 (June 27, 2014 16:15:44)

MSPA
Scratcher
1000+ posts

turkey3 wrote:

Catattack12 wrote:

MSPA wrote:

The X and Y storyline in my opinion was pitiful compared to the other games. They didn't seem to have fresh ideas, Team Flare was just too corny, there was no intensity, and the world was literally less that HALF the size of Black 2 and White 2. 3D graphics were not supported in the open world even, and the game was generally rushed. The 3DS hardware performed some 3D battles at an extremely low framerate also.

And the music was not as catchy as that of the original 8-bit Gold and Silver. The only tune I liked was the Elite Four music. And don't get me started on that, why is the final battle in some upstairs of a mansion? What happened to he Pokemon League being in a page stadium with thousands of fans? What happened, on another topic, to the Anime becoming so less creative and less funny? Pokemon is not as good as it used to be, no matter how many ice-cream cone Pokemon they create. The Pokemon designs are not as good, either, in my opinion.
I liked doing the PKMN League in a page stadium with thousands of fans. I agree with you on the music opinion, its not very catchy. I like the old game music. And Catattack, I find the idea of adding the feature of walking diagonally a terrible reason to like the game. I mean, you have your opinions, I just don't like walking diagonally. Whenever I walk, my character moves the opposite of where I WANT it to go. :T

leeawesomeness
Scratcher
3 posts

Well, my first game ever was Pokemon Ruby, so I say i'm exited for it.
Catattack12
Scratcher
100+ posts

turkey3 wrote:

Catattack12 wrote:

MSPA wrote:

1. Whilst it may be true that the storyline wasn't as great as other games, I did like the 3D battles. It's like the Pokémon Manga. It gets worse over time. Compare a battle in the Kanto manga (Red VS Lt. Surge) to a battle in the Unova manga (Black vs Team Plasma Grunt).
2. I'm not a music lover. So I don't care about the music.
3. What game was that in about it being a page stadium? The only one I can remember being in a stadium is in Black & White 2 in Roxie's gym.
4. I don't really watch the anime either.
5. I agree with you on the manga.
6. I'm neutral about Vanillite but I think it's quite cute actually. Anyway, are you dissing Zygarde, Lampent and Trubbish?!

Hardy har har
celticphoenix
Scratcher
5 posts

All of you people need to visit the Pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire website.
WolfT
Scratcher
84 posts

I have White (go reshiram!) and X (YAY XERNEAS!) i cant decide on which to get becase ruby, latias and sapphire, KYOGRE OMG!!
CANT DECIDE!!!!!

i like food
when green flag clicked
forever
eat food
end
WolfT
Scratcher
84 posts

AND CANT CATCH ZAPDOS!,CANT FIND ZYGARDE!,AND WANT YVELTAL BUT HAVE X WANT BOTH LEGENDARIES!!CANT GET ABSOLITE!!

i like food
when green flag clicked
forever
eat food
end
Catattack12
Scratcher
100+ posts

WolfT wrote:

AND CANT CATCH ZAPDOS!,CANT FIND ZYGARDE!,AND WANT YVELTAL BUT HAVE X WANT BOTH LEGENDARIES!!CANT GET ABSOLITE!!

Don't yell! To get Zygarde, you have to defeat the Elite Four and the Champion then go to Terminus Cave. Explore it until you reach a chamber (Before the Elite Four, an Ace Trainer will block the way). Zygarde is in the chamber. Bad luck with Yveltal in X, you have to trade for it. For Zapdos, it will be roaming around Kalos and you have to encounter it a total of 11 times. After that it will retreat to the Sea Spirit's Den (In Azure Bay) where you can catch it like normal. And the Absolite, beat the main game (Elite Four and Champion), go to Kiloude City (Receive the train pass to go there from the professor in Lumiose City) and do a battle in the Battle Maison there. After that, exit the Maison and go to the top of the town where your rival will be waiting for battle. After battle, they will give you the Absolite. Happy now?

Hardy har har
WolfT
Scratcher
84 posts

thanks, ive already beat the game.

i like food
when green flag clicked
forever
eat food
end
nrgjay101
Scratcher
2 posts

you guys i am having trouble getting my pokemon to level 100 here is my team

greninja level 85

talonflame level 81

zygarde level 80

xerneas level 77

mewtwo level 82

moltres level 81

any suggestions on training spots
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nrgjay101 wrote:

greninja level 85

talonflame level 81

zygarde level 80

xerneas level 77

mewtwo level 82

moltres level 81

Cafe le Wow in Lumiose City.

Catattack12
Scratcher
100+ posts

nrgjay101 wrote:

greninja level 85

talonflame level 81

zygarde level 80

xerneas level 77

mewtwo level 82

moltres level 81

Battle Chateau. You can re-battle Gym Leaders, members of the Elite Four and even the Champion there (You must have defeated them first though). It's how I got my team to Lvl. 100 (All of them).

Hardy har har
MLG1337
Scratcher
100+ posts

And so, the holy trumpets of Hoenn have blessed us with Mega Metagross! (Go look on serebii, too lazy to get an image for it)

3DS FC: 0216-1229-1340
NNID: GoldenBlur
Nohr all the way ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
WolfT
Scratcher
84 posts

nrgjay101 wrote:

greninja level 85

talonflame level 81

zygarde level 80

xerneas level 77

mewtwo level 82

moltres level 81

if you have already beat the elite 4 you can fight them again…

i like food
when green flag clicked
forever
eat food
end
Catattack12
Scratcher
100+ posts

MLG1337 wrote:

And so, the holy trumpets of Hoenn have blessed us with Mega Metagross! (Go look on serebii, too lazy to get an image for it)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:376Metagross-Mega.png

At least I'm not lazy to get an image! Any more guessing Mega Evolutions? We already have Mega Sabeleye. I'm hoping for Mega: Spiritomb, Kabutops, Dragonite, Ninetails, Ninjask and Shedinjas!

Hardy har har
TechZoid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yesh! Hoenn is confirmed. Now all we need is half life!

Music TIME!

BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BA BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM BA BADADADADADAD BAAAAA!