Discuss Scratch

ExtremeLogic
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sprite Text Fonts

Why not have all the fonts for the text in costumes and backdrops editors? Scratch 1.4 had it, but why not now? Only six fonts?? That's boring.

rolledpie41
Scratcher
58 posts

Sprite Text Fonts

ExtremeLogic wrote:

Why not have all the fonts for the text in costumes and backdrops editors? Scratch 1.4 had it, but why not now? Only six fonts?? That's boring.
It is actually your fonts.

ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sprite Text Fonts

1.4 had no fonts at all, really. The ones it used were already stored on your computer.

Unlike 1.4, 2.0 uses its own fonts, which means that the more fonts it uses the greater RAM the editor takes up.

ExtremeLogic
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sprite Text Fonts

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

1.4 had no fonts at all, really. The ones it used were already stored on your computer.

Unlike 1.4, 2.0 uses its own fonts, which means that the more fonts it uses the greater RAM the editor takes up.
Ohhhhhhh
Thanks for explaining that to me. I didn't know.

Sonickyle
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sprite Text Fonts

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Can't flash retrieve fonts from the computer?

No I don't make projects anymore. I left some time ago.
I only check the forums every now and then, but other than that consider me retired.
liampmac2002
Scratcher
6 posts

Sprite Text Fonts

So in 2.0 how can you use your own fonts, I would like to use Google Fonts in my projects but I don't know how so can somone please help me out.
Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sprite Text Fonts

liampmac2002 wrote:

So in 2.0 how can you use your own fonts, I would like to use Google Fonts in my projects but I don't know how so can somone please help me out.
it's already answered in the topic:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

2.0 uses its own fonts
if you want to use your own font, you will have to use an image editing software such as gimp, inkscape, paint.net, or MSpaint

As a long time Scratcher, I have found new meaning to the name “Scratch”: for me, it means to “scratch that itch”, to come back again and again to realize new ideas in this toy language, even when I'm capable of creating my projects in real programming languages years later. It's a friend that helped me to pursue programming and get me to enjoy its fruit. I'm certain many others who have walked this path as well have grown fond of its importance in their life.