Discuss Scratch

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Constructive Recommendations On How to Respond to and Make Suggestions!

Sigton wrote:

Yeah, their posts are good.

If you see anyone making a post that is against this threads philosophy, please reply and hint them on how to fix it

Sigton
Okay.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thanks y'all for the help here

Sigton

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It sounds an awful lot like Trump's slogan….

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

That may or may not be where I got inspiration, though the slogan is rather accurate.

Sigton

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Lythium wrote:

That may or may not be where I got inspiration, though the slogan is rather accurate.

Sigton

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay it was xP

Sigton

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

5. Support. I agree. Quote trains are like spam.
6. No support. I don't agree. It might cause there to be this one block that gets loads of attention, and the other ones get little or no attention.

Note that most of my posts on the forums are from years ago, probably mainly in 2016.

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account? And some important context. And something else about it.
Please help me answer that question. (From May 2023)

(I know I may seem desperate, the person who owned the account whose projects I am trying to find had been doing some stuff that might need to get taken down)
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

6. I don't agree. It might cause there to be this one block that gets loads of attention, and the other ones get little or no attention.
Then it's the responsibility of the topic owner to advertise and bump their topic.

You can stop with the sarcasm by the way.

Sigton

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

6. No support. I don't agree. It might cause there to be this one block that gets loads of attention, and the other ones get little or no attention.
You seem to embody this:

3rd Suggestion wrote:

Furthermore, I find there is a very high level of negativity towards suggestions. The bad points are always picked out, and from there things just go downhill. People give up on suggestions because of minor flaws, and don't try to solve these problems.

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't think it maters whether you write “Support” or “I agree” or “I like the suggestion” or any other variation: I don't think any of them add to the discussion.
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sigton wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

6. I don't agree. It might cause there to be this one block that gets loads of attention, and the other ones get little or no attention.
Then it's the responsibility of the topic owner to advertise and bump their topic.

Sigton
I'm not doing sarcasm. I'm just saying why I don't agree.

Note that most of my posts on the forums are from years ago, probably mainly in 2016.

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account? And some important context. And something else about it.

(I know I may seem desperate, the person who owned the account whose projects I am trying to find had been doing some stuff that might need to get taken down)
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

You seem to embody this:

3rd Suggestion wrote:

Furthermore, I find there is a very high level of negativity towards suggestions. The bad points are always picked out, and from there things just go downhill. People give up on suggestions because of minor flaws, and don't try to solve these problems.
It's better to have different topics for each idea.

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

You putting the scored support/no support is sarcasm

Sigton

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

Sigton wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

Sigton
They mean when you write:
No support

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited by jokebookservice1 (Aug. 29, 2016 15:38:38)

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hehe ;D

Sigton

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

I'm just joking around
I know. XD

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

You seem to embody this:

3rd Suggestion wrote:

It's better to have different topics for each idea.
I think it's better to have different topics for each suggestion but these are all ideas that amount to the same thing– the same suggestion
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jokebookservice1 wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

Sigton wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

Sigton
They mean when you write:
No support

EDIT: Ninja'd
I'm just saying that I would have done no support, but one of the suggestions is to not do the support/semi-support/no support. It's not sarcasm.

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

I'm just saying that I would have done no support, but one of the suggestions is to not do the support/semi-support/no support. It's not sarcasm.
It is; we are all in agreement here that it was indeed sarcasm.

Sigton

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

1. No support. I don't agree. No supporting a suggestion can help the user who suggested the suggestion learn the consequences of the suggestion.
2. No support. I don't agree. If someone has their reason to no support, they have their reason. It's fine as long as it's aloud. (A kind that's not aloud would be said by the stickies not to do it.)
3. No support. I don't agree. Not knowing the consequences could end up with the Scratch Team accidentally doing a suggestion where bad stuff would happen.
4. Semi-support. I kind of agree. What if someone suggested a
this block does nothing :: control
block? It makes no sense. So it might be okay for a suggestion like that, but if it's a
(pen color :: pen)
block, then you shouldn't call it unnecessarily because it would do something.
But if you are no-supporting the 1st suggestion, which is telling you to not support/no support, then you don't have to cross them out, since you are disagreeing with it anyway. Unless you've changed your mind?