Legolover2018
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

gamerkeeg wrote:

I'm thinking about making a full 2d version

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19543098/

Yeah me too.

I was on a eve mission once, when I timewarped right into the centre of eve! The ship appeared to have turned into a diamond and kept exploding.
I can already get to duna, yay!

— Legolover —
=============================
- Scratchin' since 2018 - A very bored boi - Likes to make projecc - Helps out in the forum very rarely -
I was Front Page Curator (FPC) number 399!
Some of my projects that are actually good:
Blackbird | How to make your games remember | Interactive portal concept | Encoder/decoder
Legolover2018
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

monster584 wrote:

I was wondering weather or no to get this hame. is it worth it?

IT. IS. TOATALLY. WORTH IT!

Kerbal kerbal kerbal kerbal kerbal kerbal kerbal

— Legolover —
- Scratchin' since 2018 - A very bored boi - Likes to make projecc - Helps out in the forum very rarely -
I was Front Page Curator (FPC) number 399!
Some of my projects that are actually good:
Blackbird | How to make your games remember | Interactive portal concept | Encoder/decoder
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I make silly rockets with too much payload. They work, too!

Tea. Chocolate.
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Prof_Red wrote:

Prof_Red wrote:

Ok guys, so I did this about a week ago or so, but I completed an eve 4 rally contract, I flew by mun, minmus, eve and gilly. It was pretty epic and plot twisting. My kerbal perticipants were Jeb, Bill, and Bob, of course! So first, I launched this HUGE vessel, it was very tall (not to mention, when the fairing came off, revealing the massive payload, I was like “it's so beautiful”, there were 3 parts, the fuel depot, with the equivelent of 3 orange tanks, powered by a poodle, the transfer stage, an orange tank and a quarter, powered by a skipper, and the return vessel, with LOTS of liquid fuel powered by a single nuclear engine, there were also small landers to represent the site for each flyby. The first thing I did was leave the fuel depot in kerbin orbit, I would come back to that later. Then I went to Minmus, (I did not go to the mun first, because I had other plans for that), I used the probe lander's engine to get the probe from an escape to a landing trajectory, and I landed the probe lander on Min(t)mus. Then I realized I was almost out of fuel from the transfer stage (which was still escaping minmus), not enough to return to low orbit, so instead, I went to high kerbin orbit, (2000km), then I maneuvered The fuel depot to that height and rendez-voused them. after that I took a break for a few days to think about how I would do this, I also decided to keep the fuel depot docked to the main vessel. After a few days of calculating specific impulse and phase angles. I returned to the mission, I decided before that the reason I did not go the mun first was because I was going to use it as a gravity assist to help escape Kerbin's SOI. I also had to decide between the poodle from the fuel depot and the skipper from the transfer stage. After calculating specific impulse, I decided to use the the poodle, since not only did it have greater specific impulse, but I was also able to jettison the transfer stage because I had more fuel capacity on the fuel depot, however, I realized that I could not yet until later because the mun probe lander was attatched to it. Ok, back to real life and not my head. First I transfered all fuel on this stage to the fuel depot, then I plotted a maneuver to get to the mun, and then a course to Eve (don't worry, I had already waited for a transfer window). I had to wait for a perfect window so that the mun was going to be between kerbin and the sun. I did that, and then I started burning for the mun using the poodle engine. I had an encounter, then I landed the probe lander as I did with minmus, and since the probe lander was gone, I could jettison the now obsolete transfer stage, and then I did. After leaving the Mun's SOI, I executed the second maneuver which was to make sure that my escape from kerbin was strong enough to get to eve's altitude. After leaving kerbin, I excecuted another maneuver, which was not only a plane change burn (Inclination change), but it was also a course correction burn to encounter eve. I did that, and finally had an eve encounter with a eve periapsis of about 85 km. I timewarped, for a good 200 days or so (I'm not exactly sure), and then when I arrived, I attempted to aerobrake, but unforunately, It failed for two reasons, 1. I wasn't low enough (eve's atmosphere starts at 90km btw), 2. I was too afraid to go any lower. So I just burned until I had an apoapsis, which was pretty easy since my orbit was not a very wide escape when I encountered Eve. After that, I realized my probe lander for eve (which was not attached to the transfer stage, but between the return stage and the fuel depot) had no heat shield, so I just decided to leave it in orbit, however it still has a docking port, so I might attach a heat shield later. Anyway, back to the main ship, I then did my inclination burn to get to gilly, I was 25 degrees off. I timewarped a few times and added plotted a course to get an orbit as low as possible. After I did that, my fuel depot ran dry, I jettisoned that and continued with the return stage. Even though this contract only needed flybys I decided a manned landing on gilly would be more fun and challenging, so when I was building this ship, (if I hadn't mentioned before) I made sure to add landing legs to the return stage so I could land on gilly, I got this idea when I saw people doing similar things like landing their mothership on Pol (since pol has very low gravity and gilly has the lowest gravity in the stock game), when doing the Jool 5 challenge. So anyway, deorbited and landed on gilly, I planted a flag, got a group photo, and harvested as much science as gilly can offer. After around 15 minutes of my kerbals going crazy over the insanely low gravity, I left gilly, even though getting into orbit required as much as a fire extinguisher's delta-v, I ended up almost too low for timewarp to workwhen I was still in an orbit that intersected the ground, so I had to wait about five minutes to get high enogh for timewarp to work, so that I reach my apoapsis and burn prograde, I did that, and then I waited until I had a good return window to kerbin, after that, I escaped from gilly, and since gilly was at it's highest point, It was very easy to escape, once I did all the maneuvers I needed and got back to kerbin, ready to aerobrake and return to kerbin, I STILL had a ton of fuel left on my lander/return stage, I facepalmed and jettisoned the lander. And after about five minutes of areobraking and landing back on kerbin with parachutes, I recovered the vessel with thousands of science, and experienced kerbals. If I could have done anything different, I would probably have definately included less fuel on the lander, added a heat shield on the eve probe lander stage.

If you managed to read all the way here, you are AWESOME, and deserve some snacks.
Tell me if anything here needs some explaining or wasn't clear enough, or you have any questions. (this took me a half our to write)

Wow, I spent 30 minutes writing a HUGE mission report and it gets no attention? Ok…
It got mine!

Tea. Chocolate.
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Generalstarwars333 wrote:

red_king_cyclops wrote:

I was the worst player of KSP imaginable. I feel very humble in the presence of the numerous geniuses that frequent this thread. My two greatest (and only) achievements were entering outer space (but I never made it into orbit around that planet beginning with a k and never made it past the outer space near the planet with a k) and flying really close to the moon whilst cheating (never landed).

I wish I could have been able to travel to all those really cool places, and those cool places were why I bought the game, but I had no idea how to, and those tutorials online didn't help either. “At 10,000 feet turn west,” but what direction is west? The camera's too confusing to look at the sun. And what do all those buttons on my keyboard do?

For some reason the game was deleted, but I did not re-download it.

I am not trying to insult the game, as I think it is pretty awesome, I am just commenting on how a bad a player I was. If I ever return to that game, I will try to take over the planet with a k and become an explorer.

Note: the reason why I was so terrible at the game was because at the time I was playing it when the game was still being developed, so there was no in-game tutorial, or at least I failed to notice one.
Don't feel bad. I only ever orbited two things: Kerbin and the Sun. I tried for the Mün twice, but my ship exploded when the space kraken got ahold of it(or more likely because I had way too many RCS thrusters on it so it shook itself apart with SAS). I got in orbit of the sun by just burning straight up until I left kerbin's sphere of influence. So you're not the only one that sucked at the game.
I only have one Kerbin orbit, it has no fuel. No other orbits. Most of my Kerbals are dead. But I always nearly get into orbit, and I only started a month ago.

Tea. Chocolate.
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Boomp

Tea. Chocolate.
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Bump

Tea. Chocolate.
-ShadowOfTheFuture-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

My friend's favorite game…

I would download it, but it costs money.

<Insert uncreative signature here>

██       ██  ██            ██  ██       ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
███ ███ ██ ████ ██ ███ ███
█████████ █████ █████ █████████

“Though the seasons come and go, and sunshine turns to snow, we will always have tomorrow up ahead.”
Morimop
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

hi
is someone there
bump to revive topic

i literally have nothing to write here. huh.
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

im here,
anyone got making history?

Tea. Chocolate.
Scratch_Attacker
Scratcher
87 posts

Kerbal Space Program

hey kids i have arrived for the first time in like 5 months onto the scratch forums.

Ok, so basically, every once in a while I get back to playing KSP and mess around for a bit. Most of the time I use cheats to lower the gravity, but I can say that I am capable of getting a stable orbit.

ok bye kids

i have left scratch. forget about me
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

After waiting forever, I'm about to get ksp!

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

My computer can barely run KSP but it can run some mods with it

Last edited by zahmbie1 (June 19, 2020 15:52:34)

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

zahmbie1 wrote:

I just got it but I'm stuck on “Loading Asset Bundle Definitions”

zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

GrahamSH wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

Never had that problem before
Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

zahmbie1 wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

That bit usually takes ages to load.

Tea. Chocolate.
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Seam49 wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

I emailed them and they said that it's apple being apple so I typed something in terminal and it fixed it

Seam49
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

GrahamSH wrote:

Seam49 wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

I emailed them and they said that it's apple being apple so I typed something in terminal and it fixed it
apple. it always breaks EVERYTHING. full screen for example.

Tea. Chocolate.
LandonHarter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

“KSP is 50% rocket builder, 50% flight simulator, 9000% explosion factory” -Everyday Astronaut

LandonHarter
I prefer to be called Landon. Don't use my full username too much.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Male|15 y/o|English|Rain World, Rhythm Doctor, No Man's Sky|American|Mineral Fish fandom co-founder|Neutral Sociality|#9d0|Chaotic Neutral

“A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.”

zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

LandonHarter wrote:

“KSP is 9000% explosion factory” -Everyday Astronaut
His last, modified words