Discuss Scratch

16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I bought the game on a Steam sale a few weeks ago, and it's wonderful! I sadly have Jebediah Kerman stuck in space without fuel, and I'm currently trying to figure out how I can get someone to Mun and back safely. I get them to Mun, and I get them back into Kerbin orbit, but I can't seem to get my perapsis below about 200 kilometers. (I'm playing career mode so it's not just as simple as strapping on bigger rockets)

Back from hiatus?
lcftf
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I got demo version, never could get rocket to launch. Of course the computer I got it on is terrible.
sammyuri
Scratcher
36 posts

Kerbal Space Program

lcftf wrote:

I got demo version, never could get rocket to launch. Of course the computer I got it on is terrible.

Exactly the same for me lol! the highest I ever got a rocket was 400 kilometres and ended up crashing it.

Check out my new space statio– STOP IT YO—-UPID KU-MQU-A—–

16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

sammyuri wrote:

lcftf wrote:

Exactly the same for me lol! the highest I ever got a rocket was 400 kilometres and ended up crashing it.
Oh, do you keep trying to go straight up? If you want to get in orbit, you need to go about 75km above Kerbin, then turn horizontally and begin to fire your thrusters in that direction until both your apoapsis (highest point) and perapsis (lowest point) are both above 75km. Below 75km you will encounter air resistance that will slow down your ship and make it slowly deorbit.

I recommend watching some youtube videos if you'd like to learn how to properly send up some rockets. Scott Manley is a good one and probably the most well known.

Back from hiatus?
Quayl
Scratcher
85 posts

Kerbal Space Program

CoolKid321252627 wrote:

thhis game is stuuupppid i tired it and nothing flew ::((:(:(:::((: it SUCIKKKS
It's not the games falut. It's your falut that you did not know and bother to make a realistic rocket/aircraft. Unlike in most games peole play you have to LEARN to play ksp.

Space Quail sees everything, Space Quail knows everything, Space Quail can do anything, Space Quail can help you.
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I love Scott's videos. The Interplanetary lab looks good.
Has he got any antimatter yet?

Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I bought the game a few weeks back on the weekend/summer sale, along with Don't Starve, and it looks wonderful so far!

Now me and my good buddy meew0 can freely exchange rockets and aircrafts.

I made an aircraft but it just slid along the ground.
Meew's aircraft was too hard to control and I ended up doing sommersaults before crashing.

Anyway, about terms with space, I haven't started career yet because I want to get familiar with buildin' ‘n’ such first.
I'm still working on it.
16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Mewly wrote:

I bought the game a few weeks back on the weekend/summer sale, along with Don't Starve, and it looks wonderful so far!

Meew's aircraft was too hard to control and I ended up doing sommersaults before crashing.

Anyway, about terms with space, I haven't started career yet because I want to get familiar with buildin' ‘n’ such first.
I'm still working on it.
I took the opposite approach, since when I first went into sandbox I was overwhelmed by the variety of parts. Granted I had some experience with orbiting and stuff from the demo before I bought it, so I wasn't completely new to building the rockets.
Eventually once I know my way around the parts, I'll move into sandbox, probably.

Back from hiatus?
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

You can go 15x the speed of light.
Make a spaceship that is one command pod, turn on Infinite Fuel and attach hundreds of monopropellant engines to it.
Place it on the launch pad.
Fly it into Jool.
You have broken physics and killed the Kraken!

sammyuri
Scratcher
36 posts

Kerbal Space Program

16Skittles wrote:

sammyuri wrote:

lcftf wrote:

Oh, do you keep trying to go straight up? If you want to get in orbit, you need to go about 75km above Kerbin, then turn horizontally and begin to fire your thrusters in that direction until both your apoapsis (highest point) and perapsis (lowest point) are both above 75km. Below 75km you will encounter air resistance that will slow down your ship and make it slowly deorbit.

I recommend watching some youtube videos if you'd like to learn how to properly send up some rockets. Scott Manley is a good one and probably the most well known.

The rocket overbalances for some random reason and its no use to try to balance it because I just go spinning round in circles.
By the way there is apparently no orbit in the demo version.
EDIT: I tried orbiting now and I just got an escape trajectory instead :3

Last edited by sammyuri (Sept. 10, 2014 12:07:04)

Check out my new space statio– STOP IT YO—-UPID KU-MQU-A—–

spkshark
Scratcher
12 posts

Kerbal Space Program

I love KSP!
The furthest I've got is to high orbit!

Check out my stuff here:

SOUNDCLOUD | YOUTUBE | SCRATCH
—————————————————————–
“AHA” - Alan Partridge
monster584
Scratcher
4 posts

Kerbal Space Program

I was wondering weather or no to get this hame. is it worth it?
frodewin
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

FarAwayGames wrote:

MrFlash67 wrote:

I want it but man, 20 dollars? When I'm saving up for a server? Not likely.
Now 27$

Look for discounts and vouchers, probably also at other vendors than Steam. I got KSP for 12€ at greenmangaming.com. Even if you buy it there, the game integrates with steam.

You can also find my best projects here or stop at my profile and say hi!
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I got my copy over Humble Bundle.

Creeperfun
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Im all hog into it at the moment since 0.90 came out, i made an astroid base and left bill and jeb on it, crashed a ricity looking plane into the ground and broke the save

E=MC2
Energy = Mass X Speed of light 2
how do i know that, I asked google.
Join my Collaborations: Stick Fight! Portal 3
My IQ is 125
My Steam Profile - Its a way to tell if im online
Link to the most mega awesome fun game! CLICK ME!!!
You won't be unknown anymore
everybodyedit
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

I love this! Note: Try pressing alt f12
Fire__
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

so i built a pretty ok rocket and i EVA'd at the wrong time and now Bill Kerban is forever orbiting the Mun
10/10 would scott manley again

i thought it was great
Creeperfun
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Fire__ wrote:

so i built a pretty ok rocket and i EVA'd at the wrong time and now Bill Kerban is forever orbiting the Mun
10/10 would scott manley again
you can get back home by an eva, you would have to land a kerbin on your head

E=MC2
My IQ is 125
Creeperfun
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kerbal Space Program

Mewly wrote:

I'm still working on it.
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52080-Basic-Aircraft-Design-Explained-Simply-With-Pictures

E=MC2
My IQ is 125
javaprogrammer123
Scratcher
9 posts

Kerbal Space Program

Trying to get to the Mun using a PB-ION Electric Propulsion System is a bad idea. I mean, I tried it once, and I left my probe on an eccentric orbit around Kerbin.

Last edited by javaprogrammer123 (Jan. 14, 2015 07:42:44)