Discuss Scratch

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Article

Do we really need RaP?

The section of the forums, “Things I'm Reading and Playing” is a place where we can discuss books we've read, music we've listened to, and games we've played. But is it really necessary? ProdigyZeta07 has brought up some good points of why we could do without it. That section of the forums is where the most trolling and flaming comes up, not to mention that the guidelines for the section have less than 1,000 views. Finally, the discussions can get quite off topic. ProdigyZeta07 suggested that Reading and Playing should be removed, however some say instead of totally shutting it down, we add a few regulations. No one knows exactly what impact this suggestion may have on the forums, but hopefully it makes a change for the better.

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Agg725 wrote:

Article

Do we really need RaP?

The section of the forums, “Things I'm Reading and Playing” is a place where we can discuss books we've read, music we've listened to, and games we've played. But is it really necessary? ProdigyZeta07 has brought up some good points of why we could do without it. That section of the forums is where the most trolling and flaming comes up, not to mention that the guidelines for the section have less than 1,000 views. Finally, the discussions can get quite off topic. ProdigyZeta07 suggested that Reading and Playing should be removed, however some say instead of totally shutting it down, we add a few regulations. No one knows exactly what impact this suggestion may have on the forums, but hopefully it makes a change for the better.
The grammar and wording is good, but it is a bit too opinion based.

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

And_Stuff wrote:

Agg725 wrote:

Article

Do we really need RaP?

I can change it if you like, but it will be longer. Sorry. I was basing it off of what the topic says.

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Agg725 wrote:

And_Stuff wrote:

Agg725 wrote:

Article

Do we really need RaP?

I can change it if you like, but it will be longer. Sorry. I was basing it off of what the topic says.
It'll work. I'll put it in Issue 21.

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Hey! Real quick, I made a mistake. It is not ProdigyZeta07 but rather ProdigyZeta7. Please excuse my mistake!

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

We're going to need some stuff for Issue 22. Also, what are your thoughts on the name Scratchpress instead of Scripts Daily?

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

I like the name The Scratch Press

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Firedrake969 wrote:

I like the name The Scratch Press
I think that the ‘the’ is kinda pointless. Also, Scratchpress is one word.

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Scratchpress is good (maybe make it ScratchPress?) I was also thinking something like Scratch Bulletin, The Program, or Scratch Tribune would work

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

cheeseeater wrote:

Environment and Climate Change

How do we look after the environment
Looking at the Chichester Harbour Education website, I take this quote:
If humans went away, the environment would look after itself! The problem is that everything we do has some impact on the environment.
To help our environment we need to: Save water, use eco friendly power, plant trees and grow stuff. (E.g: Instead of driving down to your supermarket to buy carrots or potatoes, grow your own! I know it takes longer, but they taste nicer! The ones from the supermarket, have probably been transported for a day in the back of a lorry; lots of fule!) There are also loads more ideas, but i'll leave you to find them!

Litter
Remember to pick up litter, why not start a large litter pick every month? You could ask for donations for litter pickers and bags. Though, if you are really keen, you could sort though all the litter, and see if you can recycle it using the www.recyclenow.com website! But why recycle? On recyclenow.com, it gives me 4 resons why: Recycling Conserves Resources, it saves energy, it helps protect the environment and it reduces landfills!

YET TO BE FINISHED!
Perhaps add another section soon? :]

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

And_Stuff wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

If humans went away, the environment would look after itself! The problem is that everything we do has some impact on the environment.
To help our environment we need to: Save water, use eco friendly power, plant trees and grow stuff. (E.g: Instead of driving down to your supermarket to buy carrots or potatoes, grow your own! I know it takes longer, but they taste nicer! The ones from the supermarket, have probably been transported for a day in the back of a lorry; lots of fule!) There are also loads more ideas, but i'll leave you to find them!

Litter
Remember to pick up litter, why not start a large litter pick every month? You could ask for donations for litter pickers and bags. Though, if you are really keen, you could sort though all the litter, and see if you can recycle it using the www.recyclenow.com website! But why recycle? On recyclenow.com, it gives me 4 resons why: Recycling Conserves Resources, it saves energy, it helps protect the environment and it reduces landfills!

YET TO BE FINISHED!
Sorry, been busy!
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

cheeseeater wrote:

And_Stuff wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

Litter

YET TO BE FINISHED!
Sorry, been busy!
That's fine. Want to be marked as inactive until you do something on here again? :]

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Tierage wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

And_Stuff wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

Litter

YET TO BE FINISHED!
Sorry, been busy!
That's fine. Want to be marked as inactive until you do something on here again? :]
Could you mark me as ‘busy’? Thanks!
Centrifugal
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Article
The Great Ban
Around 6 pm. ET September 5. a glitch started running around Scratch and a pretty serious one. Users from all over the website suddenly started being logged out of their accounts, and even further getting notices they had been banned from the Scratch website. These bans were temporary and errors however many users wrote in appeals to the ST. There were also many users to find out they weren't really banned. By 10 pm ET the glitch seemed to be fixed but this might serve as a reminder as what pandemonium a line of false code can bring.

Settlers of Inland - Age of Ƭɍeasoƞ

Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Centrifugal wrote:

Article
The Great Ban
Around 6 pm. ET September 5. a glitch started running around Scratch and a pretty serious one. Users from all over the website suddenly started being logged out of their accounts, and even further getting notices they had been banned from the Scratch website. These bans were temporary and errors however many users wrote in appeals to the ST. There were also many users to find out they weren't really banned. By 10 pm ET the glitch seemed to be fixed but this might serve as a reminder as what pandemonium a line of false code can bring.
nice! needs edits

StardustGogeta
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Tierage wrote:

Centrifugal wrote:

Article
The Great Ban
Around 6 pm ET on September 5th, a glitch started running around Scratch; Users were suddenly logged out of their accounts, and with notices that they had been banned from the website. These bans were temporary, but many users wrote appeals to the ST. There were also many users who found out they weren't really banned. By 10 pm ET, the glitch seemed to be fixed, but this might serve as a reminder of what a line of false code can cause.
nice! needs edits
Edited.

“I am the man who will destroy you!” - Super Gogeta
Check out my math projects and arcade games!
My browser / operating system: Windows 10, Chrome 45.0.2454.85
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

StardustGogeta wrote:

Tierage wrote:

Centrifugal wrote:

Article
The Great Ban
Around 6 pm EST on September 5th, a glitch occurred in the Scratch database. Users were suddenly logged out of their accounts, and with notices that they had been banned from the website. These bans were temporary, but many users wrote appeals to the ST. Others found out that they weren't really banned, and it was a database error. By 10 pm ET, the glitch seemed to be fixed, but this might serve as a reminder of what data corruption can cause.
nice! needs edits
Edited.
Edits in red, removals in strikethrough. It wasn't bad coding, it was data corruption.

TO ALL EDITORS (As I'm the senior one xD)

MAKE EDITS THAT STAND OUT!

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Is there anything I can write about? I can research and write, but its hard for me to find ideas for articles.

And_Stuff
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Agg725 wrote:

Is there anything I can write about? I can research and write, but its hard for me to find ideas for articles.
Perhaps you could write about a certain Scratch user or a situation on Scratch that isn't just arguing in the comments section. Or, you could interview someone.

Math_Addict
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPress Team Thread

Sir, can you delete my website??? I think I can't use it daily, or weekly, or even monthly.

By the way, I'm trying to write an article about “What do Scratchers value?”. Is the title okay?

Wanting to close this account, but then I'm still having a couple more things to do before I leave this account.