chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7/25/13 Updates

Happiny-64 wrote:

chocolatepenguin wrote:

Lanionic wrote:

You should REALLY add if you can remix it or not, If you can disable remixing
Art theft is happening because you cant disable it, can you work on that? Please? Thanks! ^^
By the way, hope you have fun with your new baby!
Preventing remixes will not be implemented, as it goes against Scratch's motto of Imagine, Program, Share.
I think it should be possible to make it that if it hasn't been edited, you can't share it. even if you clicked on Remix. if there are no significant changed\s, then it shouldn't be able to be shared.
It can be shared with no edits, but it'll be reported.

supersam2903
Scratcher
17 posts

7/25/13 Updates

Any more news on the 2.0 download?

I'm part of this!
You won't be unknown anymore
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7/25/13 Updates

supersam2903 wrote:

Any more news on the 2.0 download?
Soon.

Electro912
Scratcher
45 posts

7/25/13 Updates

Woot woot! More fixes! P.S: Can't wait for cloud lists! :3

Watt are you doing?
That's quite shocking.
I wouldn't want to be in your current situation.
I bet you can't wait to go ohm.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 1736-1622-2185
I have a Normal-type FS with Smeargle, and… uhh… I can't remember. It definitely doesn't have Ditto, though (obnoxiously…)
lolwel21
Scratcher
44 posts

7/25/13 Updates

chocolatepenguin wrote:

lolwel21 wrote:

When the heck are you making the downloadable version? Summer's almost over. 8( You missed my month-long vacation where half the time I didn't have internet so I couldn't use Scratch.
Summer doesn't end until the end of August… For me the summer holiday is just beginning (2nd day!).
I have about a month before school, and there isn't even a beta download yet (8o) I wonder how they're going to get it done by the end of summer.

Do you agree that Scratch needs these blocks?

(video [color v] on [this sprite v])
(video [brightness v] on [this sprite v])
insert [list] at [1 v] of [☁ list v]
Yes

My latest game: Nucleus
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7/25/13 Updates

lolwel21 wrote:

chocolatepenguin wrote:

lolwel21 wrote:

When the heck are you making the downloadable version? Summer's almost over. 8( You missed my month-long vacation where half the time I didn't have internet so I couldn't use Scratch.
Summer doesn't end until the end of August… For me the summer holiday is just beginning (2nd day!).
I have about a month before school, and there isn't even a beta download yet (8o) I wonder how they're going to get it done by the end of summer.
Getting it done before the end of summer probably equals get the beta download out before the end of summer.

jackmccomish
Scratcher
24 posts

7/25/13 Updates

Lightnin wrote:

A bunch of ST are at the Scratch conference in Barcelona, so we haven't made a ton of changes this week. But every little bit helps!

- Now checking that project data sent from autosaves is valid JSON. If not, send an error instead of saving the bad data.
- Made helper text on pages with comments able to be translated
- reduced the number of queries on the homepage. yay speed!
- Better comment filtration
- Minor styling fix to comments box container. resizing the comment textbox now resizes the surrounding box as well.
- non-logged-in users in firefox can now drag the scrollbar on long gallery comments. Before, you could only scroll by using the scrollwheel.
- Minor styling fix so that the ‘change’ button for the gallery cover image is now at the top of the container instead of floating awkwardly.
- When commenting is disabled don't show the ‘Reply’ button next to comments

Scratch On!
Every little helps.

Hi. K?
mitchboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7/25/13 Updates

chocolatepenguin wrote:

lolwel21 wrote:

chocolatepenguin wrote:

lolwel21 wrote:

Getting it done before the end of summer probably equals get the beta download out before the end of summer.
Yeah. I mean, they said they'd have 2.0 out by 2012 and it came out five months after…

Good updates, though!

Capsicum annuum.
61clocks
Scratcher
8 posts

7/25/13 Updates

jvvg wrote:

PullJosh wrote:

Wow. The entire Scratch 2.0 shift has been amazing. I really can't imagine the horrors the scratch team is going through with the php code.
It's Python.
PHP is what the old website used, and what is used by more classic web developers who prefer C syntax over Python syntax.

Realy?!
I'm a big Python fan.

I'm someplace…
mytie
Scratcher
100+ posts

7/25/13 Updates

Lightnin wrote:

A bunch of ST are at the Scratch conference in Barcelona, so we haven't made a ton of changes this week. But every little bit helps!

- Now checking that project data sent from autosaves is valid JSON. If not, send an error instead of saving the bad data.
- Minor styling fix to comments box container. resizing the comment textbox now resizes the surrounding box as well.
- non-logged-in users in firefox can now drag the scrollbar on long gallery comments. Before, you could only scroll by using the scrollwheel.
- Minor styling fix so that the ‘change’ button for the gallery cover image is now at the top of the container instead of floating awkwardly.

Scratch On!
Great Job Lightnin!

when green flag clicked

The most overused block.
MpkProductions
Scratcher
13 posts

7/25/13 Updates

Lightnin wrote:

Scratch On!
Can you fix the Chrome glitch? It bothers me.

Tastiest cerial you've ever met…Your eating up my Alphabits!
Please watch my animation test:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11883285/
warriorsfan3
Scratcher
17 posts

7/25/13 Updates

2.0 is awesome !!!!!!!

signed, warriorsfan3

leader of warriorsfan productions
made the ocean,meadow,dark,dawn clan RPG's
cillian_dublin
Scratcher
25 posts

7/25/13 Updates

cool
Ferrok
Scratcher
32 posts

7/25/13 Updates

Yay! New Updates! Haven't been on much so didn't see Still, WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Gimme cookies

Ferrok / Best Project So Far / Collab
LightningBoltGames
Scratcher
27 posts

7/25/13 Updates

add Words to cloud variables and cloud lists!
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7/25/13 Updates

LightningBoltGames wrote:

excessive smileys are annoyingadd Words to cloud variables and cloud lists!
They come out soon.

ats-ll
Scratcher
75 posts

7/25/13 Updates

Seil wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

*studio
spelled?
updates

i am got in! Maki-Tak!
jbear429
Scratcher
2 posts

7/25/13 Updates

Is scratch 2.0 available for offline yet?

set [Jared is] too [awesome!]
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

7/25/13 Updates

jbear429 wrote:

Is scratch 2.0 available for offline yet?

soon