The collective wisdom of the Scratch community concerning how to sort things. Any things.
A note to software writers: the majority of code posted sorts simple arrays.. Turns out in practise what is frequently needed is to sort records where there is a key and associated data along with that key. Yes, it's the same algorithm, but whereever the code swaps sortkeys, it has to also swap data records as well. If the data records are large, this is a big overhead so the usual solution is to only swap pointers to the data records rather than the records themselves. In scratch this would probably entail swapping indices rather than actual pointers.
- Jurikben left a comment 11:33 a.m.
- Jurikben added the project 1 script quick sort 11:32 a.m.
- fishbigger added the project SelectionSort 9:22 a.m.
- marynasta added the project data sorting 9:16 p.m.
- ImperialScratch added the project Bubble Sorting algorithm 10:48 p.m.
- Not_O_n_log_n_ left a comment 7:38 p.m.
- Not_O_n_log_n_ added the project Parallel Sorting Algorithms 7:32 p.m.
- Not_O_n_log_n_ added the project Custom Comb and Shell sort 7:32 p.m.
- Not_O_n_log_n_ added the project Visual Sorter and sound 7:32 p.m.
- gtoal added the project Sorting and Mazes 3.0 1:53 a.m.
- cbottorff added the project Sorting algorithm 4:24 a.m.
- gtoal added the project Comb Sort Visualization 11:28 p.m.
- scratching2x added the project Visual Sorting 4:40 p.m.
- gtoal added the project List Sorter 11:35 p.m.
- gtoal added the project quick sort 4:07 a.m.
- gtoal added the project Quicksort Algorithm 4:32 p.m.
- gtoal left a comment 5:35 a.m.
- gtoal added the project Sorting Algorithms 2.0 10:51 p.m.