The Climate Change Studio
☀️ Welcome to the "Climate Change Studio", a studio where we fight global warming. ☀️
☀️ Founded 4/18/2019 by @WaterGlider02 ☀️
☀️ Please note that I may respond using the account @heyitswater, but don't worry, it is still me. :) ☀️
☀️ " Quote of the Week " ☀️
☀️ I want you to act as you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if our house is on fire. - Greta Thunberg ☀️
☀️ ? Question of the Week ? ☀️
☀️ How do you take care of our environment? ☀️
☀️ Studio Rules ☀️
- Anyone is welcome to share their opinion, just make sure you present it in an appropriate way.
- Curation is by invite only, so you cannot just ask unless I ( @WaterGlider02) know you (at this time).
- Management will only be available for curators who show that they deserve it (There will only be 5 manager spots and 10 curator spots available at this moment).
- No arguments. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we can respect that.
- Please be respectful when commenting.
- If you want to add a project, just comment a link to the project and a little description of it (all projects must be climate change related).
- Even though everyone is entitled to their own opinion, when commenting please respect others opinions as well, and hold back any statements that could hurt another person.
- Have fun!
☀️ Some of you may be wondering, what is climate change? ☀️
☀️ According to climate.nasa.gov, climate change is described as the following:
"Climate change refers to a broad range of global phenomena created predominantly by burning fossil fuels, which add heat-trapping gases to Earth’s atmosphere. These phenomena include the increased temperature trends described by global warming, but also encompass changes such as sea level rise; ice mass loss in Greenland, Antarctica, the Arctic and mountain glaciers worldwide; shifts in flower/plant blooming; and extreme weather events." ☀️
☀️ Studies have shown if our generation does not take action against climate change, it will become irreversible in less than 12 years. ☀️
☀️ How can you help? ☀️
☀️ There are many ways that you can help, one being to cut down on your use of fossil fuels. This means you can walk, ride your bike, etc. instead of using a gasoline-powered vehicle. You can also grow your own food, live a more sustainable lifestyle, even cut down on your waste, and plant trees. ☀️
☀️ If you know of any more ways to help, let us know! ☀️
☀️ Spread the word ☀️
☀️ I highly suggest attending a climate strike. My sisters went to one, and sadly I was unable to attend for medical reasons, but they are a super fun way to show that you care. You can also spread the word by sharing the crisis (like this!) or by inviting people to join in on the climate strike. ☀️
☀️ Thank you for visiting this studio, it means a lot. If you want to leave your answer to the ?QOTW?, it may be featured down here! ☀️
☀️ Notable ?QOTW? Answers ☀️
☀️ None yet! Leave yours in the comments for a chance to get featured here. ☀️