Welcome to the UI Elements - Concepts studio! We're showcasing amazing representations of UI. If you've been working on a design for a website, a mobile device application, or even some other UI design concept, we'll show it off in this studio! However, if your UI design concept is fully interactive, we will not accept it. This is because the purely UI concept sector of Scratch is very unrepresented, so we want to do our part for those Scratchers, and show off their work.
WHAT IS UI?
UI design, or user interface design, is the art of creating the interface users of a website, mobile device application, or other platform interact with. UI design, by itself, is just prototypes, just demos of what the actual design can be. Of course, UI is crucial to any website or application.
WHAT IS UX?
UX stands for user experience. UX is the counterpart of UI. UX is how the users' experience a website or application. It's not the actual design of the website, it's how those elements are used to create the flow of a website, such as page navigation.
WHAT TYPES OF UI DESIGN DO YOU ACCEPT?
This is a rather complicated, and even controversial topic. However, let us make one point clear: WE own this studio. Thus, WE can decide what goes in this studio. Now, please don't take this the wrong way. We don't hate you and your work. The fact is, we can't accept everything that we receive to this studio. Thus, sometimes your project doesn't reach the standards of UI.
How should you take this? Well, if your project, be it a UI concept, isn't accepted, we suggest that you calmly and respectfully, ask one of our managers or curators to check on why your work wasn't accepted. If you do this, then we'll reconsider the reasons why we didn't accept your work based on our Design Guidelines.
Here is our official list of qualifications for adding a UI concept to this studio.
1. The UI design MUST be a concept, meaning that it isn't a fully working project.
2. The UI design should be using a modern style. Flat graphics, minimal color schemes, bright colors, and efficient space usage. (NOTE: We will accept designs that don't follow these design guidelines 100% perfectly if the design is particularly well designed in terms of layout and clarity)
3. The UI design MUST NOT be directly copied from some other Scratchers present or past works. It MUST be an original design or a tasteful redesign of an existing work.
HOW DO YOU ACCEPT CURATORS AND MANAGERS?
First off, if you're trying to get on our staff, thank you so much for being willing to join this studio's amazing team. Our founders couldn't run this studio half as well without your help.
In order to become a curator, we first ask that you agree to a few things:
1. That you'll be respectful in replying to comments, provide constructive criticism of another Scratcher's work, and helpful to those who don't understand something about UI or UX design.
2. That you don't immediately take the opportunity of joining our staff to mess around with the description, the projects, or replying to comment.
3. Fully understand UI design, so you can provide assistance to Scratchers, and so you can accurately accept designs into this studio.
4. That you completely accept our rules for both curators and managers of this studio.
After you've completely embodied these guidelines, you can be accepted as a curator of this studio. Once you've been active longer than a month on this studio, you can be considered to be promoted to a manager.
Here are the rules for both curators and managers. These rules are also required of both curators and managers to completely accept before being accepted into this studio.
1. You ARE NOT allowed to modify the studio description.
2. You ARE allowed to add remove UI designs, provided you are sure they fit the Design Guidelines.
3. You MUST be active on this studio to remain a manager. Curators are allowed to be less active. However, if you, curator or manager are not active for more than a month, then you will be removed from our staff. If this happens to you, you may repeal this removal. However, you are only allowed to be re-accepted only 4 times before you can't repeal a removal.
THANKS FOR READING!
Featured on the Scratch homepage.