CURATING IS CLOSED
Hey everyone! Welcome to the NEW Elements Cafe Curating studio!
We used to have a voting system for adding new curators, however, due to some complaints we've changed it a little. Now, curators must go through an interview process.
Please note only managers can hold an interview session. To request to have an interview, simply comment asking for one. Then, a manager will reply to your comment and begin the interview. Only one question will be asked at a time. But first, READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION.
~ Interview Questions ~
1. Basic info (answer format: username || nickname on scratch || how long you've been on scratch || link to a piece of art || activity level out of 10 || elements you want to join)
2. Tell us about yourself!
3. Why do you want to join Elements Cafe?
4. What are ways you can contribute towards the Elements Cafe community? (Besides doing art for other people.)
5. How did you find Elements Cafe?
6. How can you, as an artist, continue improving?
7. What would you do if witnessed art theft?
~ What Managers Look For ~
Most applicants will be accepted as long as their interview is satisfactory. Here is what each manager should and will look for in your interview.
In Q1: You must have a scratcher status to join. The art link must be to your own art (not traced, not recolored, etc.). You have to at least be able to draw something (so don't just submit some scribbles or a backdrop that's colored in). Your activity level should be at least a 7 to be safe, but be honest about this!
In Q2: We're not looking for any particular hobby or personality trait, though we do prefer you answer this part with the correct spelling and grammar. ;)
In Q3: This is the most important question! Answers should be something deeper than "I want to draw more" and should be at least two sentences long.
In Q4: What are YOU specifically able to do to contribute? We're looking for answers that show you actually thought about this question.
In Q5: We're just curious xD
In Q6: No one's art is perfect, so explain to us how you can continue to improve, and maybe how you plan to do so!
Overall, we are looking for applicants who show an interest in doing art, whether it's just for fun or if it's super serious. In addition, we want people with decent personalities (strong opinions are okay! Just don't hurt anyone while expressing them) and preferably, good spelling and grammar :D
~ Rules to Apply ~
1. You must have the scratcher status!
2. You must be able to draw something (so don't just submit some scribbles or a backdrop that's colored in).
~ When you are accepted... ~
You agree to the following terms:
1. You must complete all your orders that are given. If you need extensions for deadlines, please ask the requestor!
2. If you go on a hiatus or similar, let us know! In addition, try to finish all orders before leaving.
3. You may go on break or be full, but please don't stay on those lists for too long or be there too frequently.
4. We, as Elements Cafe, cannot guarantee that you will receive orders.
5. Be kind, considerate, and thoughtful when helping out around the cafe.
~ If you are not accepted... ~
Please don't take it too personally! Your interviewer will tell you why you shouldn't be a part right now.
If you would still like to be a part of the Cafe, you must wait two weeks before reapplying, and use the tips that your past interviewer gave you!
Please note that if rude or offensive behavior can result in you getting kicked out.
Whew, that was long! Thanks for sticking around, and good luck with your application process! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to comment!
~ MANAGERS READ THIS ~
When someone comments asking for an interview, try to respond right away if you are online.
Ask one question at a time, and ask them all in order. You don't have to comment on their answers if you don't want to.
Once they're finished, decide whether you think they are a good fit for Elements Cafe.
If you decide to accept, ask another manager to look over the interview for their opinion as well. Then, invite them to the studio.
If you decide to reject, let them down nicely xD
Rejection should only happen if:
- They don't have scratcher status
- They cannot draw
- There is a clear warning sign based on their answers
- They don't know the difference between your and you're, and there, their, and they're.
I'm just kidding about the last one
Or am I??
The main studio will likely become too full! If that's the case, conduct activity checks regularly (every two weeks or every month), and be strict about the deadline!
p.s. Please tell me if I missed anything!