☾ Science Fiction Cabin ☾
March 2019 SWC
A space pirate is pacing his cell in the Terra Optimus battleship, waiting to be rescued.
A time-traveler is planning to go back to Ancient Rome and cause the Industrial Revolution to happen hundreds of years earlier than it should have.
A young sapient AI has been accidentally released on to the Internet, and no-one knows what it is going to do next.
Welcome to the Sci-Fi cabin, your new home for this month. Park your spaceship, settle down, and get ready for an epic month of writing, because anything can happen here if you have a little bit of imagination.
- Each day, you'll comment your TOTAL word count in this studio, such as: “My total word count now is 3,685!” Any form of writing - even a scratch comment or a text - counts to your word count! (and yes, you do have to do the math with addition)
- You don't have to write Sci-Fi if you're in this cabin! You can write anything and everything you want, even if you're writing about Lord Potato's Adventures or doing an essay on cuttlefish.
• Write, write, WRITE! Last day of camp, so finish the weekly, (hopefully) reach your word goal, and finish with a bang!
| Daily Writing Prompt & Activity
Activity: Stick two characters in a stressful situation. (e.g. trapped in an elevator, their spaceship stops working, one gets badly sick) What happens? How do they cope and how well? Like the previous activity, they do not have to both be your characters! Try doing this activity as a role-play with another person!
Prompt: An abandoned shack turns out to be a door to another universe as a band of local hooligans is about to find out.
| Daily Writing Quote
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” ― Sylvia Plath
| Main Cabin
There's new activities everyday, so make sure you check the main cabin every now and then so we can earn points!
- @MayaKiona (3,562/30,000) (7P)
Ahoy there! I'm MK, a Ravenclaw, bookworm, RPer, and occasional Dungeon Master. If you need some help dealing with writer's block, or to talk about the latest idea you came up with for your story (trust me, I know the feeling), just ask! I don’t bite!
- @FloraFauna_SS (351,076/1,000,000) (253P)
Hey! I'm Flora. I love reading, writing, solving puzzles, listening and making music, swimming, taking walks, sketching, and a variety of other things! I'm so excited to be co-leading the Sci-Fi cabin and can't wait to start writing with all of you! :D
- @XCat (1,960/6,500) (10P)
Hello there! I’m Cat! I’m an INFJ Aussie girl who loves writing and reading. I hope you have a lovely time this SWC! :)
- @LilyHorse (10,001/10,000) (40P)
- @CyberBilby (1,751/4,900) (3P)
- @Marialisl (0000/10,000) (0P)
- @BIueMoon (15thousand+814/25,000) (39P)
- @Lotosprincess (0000/2,000)
- @CatOfCode (15,051/15,000)
- @CodingPython1 (1,900/4,500)
| Total Cabin Word Count | 401,115/1,112,400
Did you know you can change the galaxy by writing? It's true! For this month, and this month only, you can conquer the galaxy by writing!
- For every 500 words you write, you'll earn a planet!
- For every activity you participate in in the main studio, you'll earn a planet!
- There will be random activity checks throughout March, and if you respond you’ll get a planet!
- The person with the greatest amount of planets at the end of the month will receive a small prize.
- P is the abbreviation for planet
- Adventure (unofficial)
- Short Story (unofficial)
- Realistic Fiction (unofficial)
^ Be nice to these cabins and do not, I repeat, DO NOT attack them during cabin wars! Should one of them attack us, contact MK, Flora, or Cat and we'll give you the thumbs up to attack back.
^ Don't attack these cabins, but if one of them attack us, you can attack back without contacting a leader first.
^ Attack these cabins as much as possible, especially the ones in the lead!
• Maya, Flora, and Cat for building this space-port.
• Sci-Fi campers for being awesome.
• Eci for hosting camp, Candy for creating it and Ender for hosting March 2018.