***Please read the description in its entirety before commenting***
✿ Challenge of the Month ❀
Plant a tree or any kind of plant and grow with it! Then think, how do you feel if a man comes up and cuts it?
- Suggested by @tednihanipekcizmeli(May-June 2021)
✿ Question of the Month ❀
What are some local initiatives for protecting the environment in your area?
- Suggested by @-OceanBlue-
✿ Fact of the Month ❀
Around the world, nearly a million plastic beverage bottles are sold every minute.
Source: National Geographic
(next update May 1, 2021)
Feel free to suggest a new COTM or QOTM in the comments. We're open to suggestions! <3
About the problem ❀彡
The fight against global warming must become a priority for all, especially as the consequences continue to grow more abundant. For example, the melting arctic ice caps, which are a result of global warming, negatively impact many arctic animals, including the polar bear. To meet this challenge, it is essential that we massively reduce our carbon emissions.
To do this, we can start by planting trees! Forests are one of the most effective fighters against global warming. They limit the damage caused by greenhouse gas emissions by capturing and absorbing one-third of the carbon dioxide emitted by fuels such as oil and coal. During the 20th century, the world's forests stored an estimated three billion tons of carbon each year.
So, when we protect our forests, we fight a little against global warming! ;)
However, the Earth is not only threatened by carbon emissions. Pollution is also an immense problem, mainly due to plastic, which is extremely difficult to recycle. Because of this, a massive plastic continent has formed in the Pacific Ocean, harming aquatic life in a variety of ways. For example, many fish mistake tiny bits of trash for food. When those fish make their way onto our plates, they'll carry the undigested plastic inside of them, putting our health at risk.
How can I help? ❀彡
Countless small and simple actions can save our planet from catastrophic consequences in the future, such as:
- reducing the use of pesticides and insecticides
- eating less meat and more non-imported fruits and vegetables
- walking, biking, or taking public transit instead of driving
- buying local and seasonal food
- collecting rainwater to water plants
- using recycled paper
- using reusable containers instead of one-use bags
- always turning off the tap after use
- remembering the three Rs: reduce, reuse, recycle
- spreading awareness and inspiring action against global warming
Together, we can all make a difference. ^^
About the studio ❀彡
● Curating ●
To apply to become a curator, post a form in the comments after reading the curating rules carefully. Include #ProtectOurEarth in your comment to show that you've read this.
- I will not add irrelevant projects.
- I will not spam.
- I will try to be as active as I can.
- I will be kind to everyone, no matter what they comment.
- I will not ask to be promoted to manager
- I will always follow the scratch community guidelines.
Username | Why you want to join | One thing you do to protect the planet | How you will contribute to this studio | Do you promise to abide by curating laws? (y/n) | Other (optional)
● Managing ●
We're looking for those who are active, helpful, and kind! Though we currently have a great, active team of managers, we will promote those we see consistently helping around the studio. <3
- I will follow all of the curating laws.
- I will not delete other curators or managers unless necessary.
- I will not promote curators unless necessary.
● Projects ●
In this studio, add all the projects that are related to the theme!
We will remove all inappropriate projects.
Studio Stats ❀彡
Studio created: January 4, 2019
Featured: March 4, 2019 (Thank you sooo much, ST!!!!)
Studio created by: @AutumnLake
(last updated October 3, 2020)
❁ Managers, if you come by this studio from time to time, don't forget to make the update if someone else hasn't already. Thank you! <33
❁ Troll comments will be ignored or reported depending on the severity.
Together, we can make the world a better place!
Biodiversity is not a luxury but a necessity.