It's November- which means (no, not turkeys) that it's National Novel Writing Month!
Starting a story isn't easy, so every day, this studio offers you a fresh prompt!
Just ask to curate, and don't add projects (you'll be kicked if you do).
Feel free to share the stories you've create with these prompts.
Here are the prompts so far:
1. You have five seconds. It's do or die.
2. There had always been something about them that was off, but now you really know.
3. It was shiny, round, and tempting.
4. What would you do, given the choice between life or love?
5. You're dark, alone, and in the middle of nowhere.
6. It's your birthday. A strange package arrives on your doorstep with a note that reads, "Happy birthday. It might be your last."
7.You were bored on a rainy day, at least until THEY came. (Suggested by @hanglooze)
8. You could see hope in the distance, yet continued on the directed path into the darkness. (Suggested by @superunclesam)
9. You run away from home, and find an old tree house. The tree house has supplies, like water and food. But one thing stands in front of you from living there. Your mom just went to the hospital, and someone’s out to get your family. (Suggested by @Storm32)
10. You are trapped in an area of death. All is silent and you almost forget what’s about to happen to you. You try to escape. But darkness is clawing at you. (Suggested by @puppypearl2016)
11. You're given three choices that may lead to death or suffering. You reluctantly choose one... (Suggested by @StarWarsGirl111)
12. You opened the door to find a ghost. He/she/they/it looked strangely familiar. "What are you doing here?" you exclaim. (Suggested by @-Kittii-Lychii-)
13. Every known soul in your household is in the car. As you're about to leave for your trip, you turn your head for a last look at your house - and someone is staring out the window, waving at you as you drive away. (Suggested by @pianorecorder's dad)
14. Every year, another person has been sacrificed to Awae to keep our kingdom from collapsing. This year, you're that person. (Suggested by @Icantdrawonacomputer)
15. It was night. You were standing, shivering outside the museum, waiting for mom and dad to remember to pick you up. It'd always been this way, mom and dad getting drunk and forgetting about their only nine year old child. Then. You saw. A pair of orange eyes flash in the dark, and you knew that your problems were only beginning... (Suggested by @ Writing_Forever)
16. A shadow was standing over you, but there was no one in your room. Then its red eyes focused on you and it felt as though you were levitating "But that's impossible!" you thought aloud. But what ever the shadow was...it could do the impossible.
18. You bet that it was going to be easy, but if you were wrong, you were dead.
19. The weight of the world rested solely on your shoulders.
20. It was so cold. But so was your heart. (Suggested by @Milkfur247)
21. There are ten seconds left on the clock. If you get the question right, it could change everything for you.
22. You'd never had guessed what you would end up being most thankful for.
23. The beginning of the holidays is supposed to be merry and bright, right? Wrong.
24. It was freezing cold, but all that would fall was rain. Something was wrong.
25. Her eyes were like fire. Yours were ice.
26. Two buttons. Only one answer. Get it right, live. Get it wrong, everyone dies.
27. You were offered the biggest opportunity of your lifetime- and the biggest task. You have 24 hours to complete it.
28. Suddenly, the sky turned black. The sun, moon, and stars were invisible, and it was all your fault. (suggested by @StarWarsGirl11)
29. How are you supposed to react when in an instant, you've lost everything?
30. We're all made from the same stardust.
You do not have to use these prompts in second person (in fact, it's probably best to use third or first person). You don't even have to use the exact word. Just use them for ideas, or don't. Whatever you do is fine ^^