Hello and welcome to
Wʀɪᴛᴇʀ's Nᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴀɴᴀɢᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀᴛ!
This studio is for the managers of Writer's Nook only, but anyone can ask questions! (what I mean is:
only managers of Writer's Nook will curate/manage this studio)
Main studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5284481/
(okay I'm gonna stop centering the words XD)
What is this studio even for???
Well, it's for a lot of things XD. Well, so, there's basically no room left in the description of the actual studio, so here we can chat and stuff. Also, here I'll put upcoming polls and stuff!! Also, a list of like 100 book suggestions or something XD.
If you think someone would make a good manager, tell them this:
Hello! You've been really helpful and kind around this studio! Would you like to become a manager? You don't have to say yes!!!
~ ~ ~
If/once they accept, promote them, then say:
Manager info: If someone requests to curate, invite them! Learn more at this studio:
• Follow all the Scratch guidelines
• Please, try to be active, although I understand that with the school year coming up it can get difficult
• Kindly and helpfully respond to questions and comments in both this studio and the main one!
• Invite anyone who asks to be invited to the Writer's Nook studio, although only invite people to this studio if they're a manager of the main studio!
• Add any writing-related projects to this studio and the main one! (Yes, poems count!!!)
(sorry guys i had to remove a bunch to make room)
• Series of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snicket)
• Ashfall (Mike Mullin) [A YA book, not kids' book]
• Ruby Redfort (Lauren Child)
• Books of Bayern series (Shannon Hale)
• The Witchlands series (Susan Dennard)
• Magisterium (Cassandra Clare and Holly Black)
• The Land of Stories (Chris Colfer)
• Sparrow (Sarah Moon)
• Amal Unbound (Aisha Saeed)
Suggest more in the comments!!!
(Next poll coming 5/1/19, please don't add your vote until then!):
[start of poll here; copy and paste from here till the end of poll sign! DO NOT copy the parts in boxy brackets like this!]
What's your favourite reading/writing quote (out of these)?
Quote 1: "You can't buy happiness, but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing."
Quote 2: "Find your best time of the day for writing and write. Don't let anything else interfere. Afterwords, it won't matter to you that the kitchen is a mess."
Quote 3: "I love books because I don't have to wait for the commercials to be over to find out what happens."
Quote 4: "As a writer you try to listen to what others aren't saying... and write about the silence."
[end of poll here]
Suggestion for polls: (For the next poll, what about favorite book genres? Or we could do like favorite ways to read (library, at home, on a kindle, etc). Just an idea. :) -Tiv)
(Note: If you're a manager and it's the day to switch the poll and you see that the poll hasn't been updated, please update it because sometimes I ( @Writing_Forever) and others for some reason can't be on Scratch that day! Thanks!!)
ALSO: if you need a new poll, make up your own!!! I ( @Writing_Forever) don't need to be the only one doing it—you don't need permission!! (unless there's already one xD) I don't bite!!! <3
W_F/Writi ( @Writing_Forever): Deleted the chat for space but feel free to talk more yay
Talk above the line xD
“I love books because I don't have to wait for the commercials to be over to find out what happens.”
― Unknown (suggested by @autbot03)
"When you're almost done with the book and you realize there aren't enough pages for all the things that need to happen."
"Losing your bookmark in your sheets while reading in bed."
"Too many books? I think what you mean is not enough bookshelves."
"Reading a book is simultaneously the best and worst thing on earth. Any passionate reader understands."