❀ Seashell Shack ❀
Welcome to Seashell Shack (SSS)!
This is a tropical resort themed mall simulator. Explore the island's shops, or take a stop at the arcade to play a game.
You can set up your own shop to sell items for shells (our currency here), which you can then use to buy items from other shops!
This place is inspired by Palace of Points (https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/4127027/), the first mall simulator on Scratch.
❀ Announcements ❀
(only edit if your username is on the leader list!)
❦ Featured Manager:
None! If you've been here for 3+ weeks, take a manager interview for a chance to be here!
Note: You have to be active, and be completing transactions and such
❦ Latest news: 09/08/18:
• Manager interviews are now open! If you wish to have an interview, remember that you will need to have been here for at least 3 weeks. https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5293439/comments/
❀ Leaders ❀
(please do not ask to be one)
❀ Sign up ❀
Read the entire description of the studio first, then fill in the signup form! (we will know if you have read the description or not)
1. Your username (no @ sign)
2. What you plan to sell (this can change!)
3. Code word #1 (it's “stars”)
4. Code word #2 (it's “submarine")
5. On a scale of 1-10, how active will you be here?
If you get the code words correct, a manager will soon be there to help you get registered! You'll be given a starter pack of 100 shells, and you can start working on your shop!
❀ Links ❀
❦ Interview studio- get an interview to become a manager at Seashell Shack today! (Must have been on SSS for at least 3 weeks) https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5293439/
❦ Visit our webpage! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/238571774/
❦ Banking studios found at the bottom of the description.
❀ Rules ❀
• No spamming in the comments!
• Do not advertise your shop in the comments of the studio.
• You may not steal art from other shops.
• If you purchase something, do not resell it or give away unless the maker of the product has given you permission to do so otherwise.
• You must give credit to the maker of the product when it is used! Do not pass it off as your own.
• One bank account per user. You may not use alt accounts to sign up here if another one of your accounts already has a bank account here.
• Do not post in and/or reference manager or leader discussions and/or conversations. It is not anything you will need to know. If it is something you need to know, we will announce it in the main studio.
• Do not ask us if you can become a manager or leader! If you wish to become a manager, ask for an interview in the interview studio.
• The actual code word for #1 is “I love (animal)” Ignore the code word in the signup form! Code word #2 is the same as the one in the signup form.
Please do not make the codeword obvious, it is annoying because then people won't have to read the description. Also, it may end in getting a few shells deducted, or a longer waiting time for an interview.
• When you see a user signing up that follows the expectations (have the EXACT code words and does not have an existing Seashell Shack account yet) has not received their banking number yet, reply “One moment please…” (or something similar). Use the following as a basic idea of what you will say to them…
“Welcome to Seashell Shack, (username)! Your banking number is (insert banking number) and you have a starter pack of 100 shells. Feel free to begin setting up your shop or explore the island! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or another manager. Enjoy your time at Seashell Shack!”
(keep in mind that this is just a basic idea, not a strict template)
After that, invite them to curate this studio, but do not promote them.
• Make transactions when you see transaction comments that have not been transacted yet. Reply “Transacting…,” (or something similar) and when you are done with the transaction reply “Transacted!” (or something similar).
• You might have to resolve problems about things such as art theft, two users arguing, etc. Remember to contact a leader about the problem.
If you break these rules, your punishment will be discussed by leaders.
❀ Transactions and Donations ❀
❦ If you are confused about this process, take a look at the Webpage.
❦ Transaction form:
(banking # of customer) gives (shells being given) to (banking # of seller) (proof)
❀ Banking Studios ❀
❦ 1 - 100 ❦