Hey guys, @Pancakes24689 here with a NEW holiday week idea!
There is a problem on scratch that I've been thinking about for a while: an over-abundance of studios. So, I decided to make a studio to hopefully solve or even just lessen the problem.
►► "What's the problem?" you may ask. It has two parts: lots of studio invites and lots of studio messages.
I can't tell you how many times I've seen messages like, "DO NOT invite me to studios," or "I don't want to join any more studios, I'm a part of too many," or even "I'm leaving this studio, I get over a hundred studio messages per day,".
But studios are supposed to be fun! At the very least, it's a way to make groups to organize fandoms and friends on scratch.
So, how have they become a problem?
Negligence is how.
People forget about old studios, not deleting them, and then people curate them so it just uselessly fills up people's inboxes with studio activity messages.
Also, people make too MANY of them. Here is a list of the biggest offenders:
- "Let's get this studio to 1000 managers by 2020" or something similar
Now, there's nothing wrong with making a studio for an RP or a MAP. However, you should respect people's wishes who DON'T want to get invites, or people who you KNOW don't want to/have never wanted to Role Play/Participate in a MAP.
►► Questions to ask yourself when making a studio:
- Is this studio relevant to the people I'm inviting?
- Is this studio helpful or fun?
- Is this studio hurtful in any way?
- Is this studio still active, adding new projects, or otherwise having consistent activity?
Now, on to the FUN part!
►► The goal of this week:
- To delete old studios that are dead/inactive
- To delete NEW studios that you realize might not be relevant or important to have
- To uncurate/unfollow studios that don't interest you
- To become aware of the problem and be more responsible when making studios in the future
- To inform others of this problem in a peaceful and respectful manner (The ST should be happy about this, not ban us for it)
►► When it takes place:
June 17th - 23rd
(Of course, you can start early and take more time after if you so choose)
Thanks for reading to the end, I know this was long, but it's important to me!!
►► If you'd like to support the cause (optional):
- Follow the studio
- Curate the studio
- Put #StudioCleanUp on your profile