Welcome fellow writers, to the Fantasy Cabin for Scratch Writing Camp July 2018!
Welcome to the cabin of wizards and dragons, you might even run into Bilbo Baggins. Here dwarfs toast their flagons, and you can take a ride on sentient wagons. Hear the bellow of the cannons, and please, try not to get eaten by the krakens. Welcome to the Fantasy cabins ~
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and adventures are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes and forgotten." ~ Neil Gaiman
Activities: Character icebreakers!
Let the rest of the cabin get to know you through your characters! To do so, have a character of yours answer these questions in the comments:
1) What would you do if you found a portal to another dimension?
2) How would you escape an angry dragon with nothing but a cart full of cabbages?
3) What would you summon if you found a table in the woods that made whatever you asked of it spontaneously appear?
SWC has officially begun!
Hi, I'm @Novakitty, your cabin leader! I'm so excited to be leading you this year in Fantasy. We have a fun, writing filled month ahead of us! Grab your magic quill and let the writing commence!
(Co leader bio)
Hai there, I'm @AstarGalaxies (but you can call me Starry), one of your Fantasy co-leaders! I'm so honored and elated to be able to co-lead this writing camp! Let the writing begin!
(Co leader bio)
Howdy fellow nerds, I'm @pixelpichux3, but heck, just call me Pixel! I, just like
@AstarGalaxies, am one of the Fantasy co-leaders.This is my first year of ever doing SWC, and I hope you guys will enjoy it just as much as I will!
Total word count: ☾133,274/113,950☽
Weekly Prompts (you don't have to use them, they are just here to help you get ideas if you don't know what to write yet! :D) :
1) A worker learns that the tower they are building will serve a much different purpose than what they were all told.
2) He/she boarded a mysterious raft down a river at night... And has woken up in another dimension.
3) This mythical beast kills all but one out of every thousand that it bites... The ones who survive always wake up changed... And your character has just been bitten...
Not a fantasy writer? Tell me in the comments your preferred genre and I'll give you some prompts. :D
Main Studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5082935/
SWC Host: SWC was created by @Candylanguagegirl, previously hosted by @TheEnderQueen, and is currently hosted by @EcIipsed.
Our Alliances (we don't attack them in the cabin wars):