September 14, 2019 Update:
Eden has officially been released, along with an exclusive song 'Dreaming of Eden'. Eden can be found wherever books are sold!
Skillet is a Christian Hard Rock/Metal band that began in Memphis, Tennessee, in the year 1996. This year (2019) will be their 23rd year as a band. which is insane, and also awesome. The band consists of members husband John and wife Korey Cooper, Jen Ledger, and Seth Morrison. HIGHLY recommend checking them out if you have not already =)
You can join! Just ask =)
==========================Most projects will be accepted, just make sure they have something to do with Skillet =)
Daily Facts (Provided by @nid50):
1) Seth Morrison; 'Seth' is actually his middle name. His actual first name is Jacob. So his full name is Jacob Seth Morrison.
2) John Cooper, the lead vocalist/bassist/original founding member since 1996, was once in an experimental progressive rock band called Seraph in 1995.
3) Do you know how they got the name? When the original 1996 trio (John Cooper, Ken Steorts, Trey McClurkin) was first formed, they had each come from a separate band, making Skillet a side experiment. Each band had a separate style of music, so writing and recording music for the trio was like "throwing and cooking different styles of music in a skillet," hence the name Skillet.
4) Ken Steorts was in a band called "Urgent Cry"
5) A demo song called "Smile Again" never made it to the album Collide.
6) Skillet worked with the same producer they had worked on for Comatose for Unleashed.
7) Ben Kasica; he had founded Skies Fall Media in 2008, and left Skillet to be with his company in 2011. With the release of the album Rise in 2013, Skillet had mentioned that they had worked with Skies Fall Media for the interludes between songs on Rise. Ben Kasica was also the executive producer for the music videos for Not Gonna Die and Back From the Dead.
8) The artwork for the album cover of Rise; It was created by the one and only Jennifer Ledger.
9) Jennifer Ledger was only 17 years old when she had auditioned for Skillet. And she got in!
10) Skillet had their own clothing line which lasted for two years, but sometimes you can still see the members wearing clothing from that line today.
11) John Cooper was a janitor for his church and his first job was working at a MacDonald's.
12) Lori Peters was working for a benefit consulting company before she joined Skillet on percussion.
13) Ben Kasica's first job was working at the Gap, and today, he is a member of LLM (Life, Love, Music) clothing brand.
14) Before Seth Morrison joined Skillet, now solo guitarist Jonathan Salas had replaced Ben from March 25 to April 9. He had confirmed leaving the band via Twitter.
15) Korey Cooper had helped write 3 tracks on Lacey Sturm's solo debut album LIFE SCREAMS; Feels like Forever, Impossible, and Run to You.
16) On April 13 of 2018, Jennifer Ledger will be releasing her solo debut E.P, simply put, "LEDGER". The album's single "Not Dead Yet" can be found on Loudwire, and her YouTube channel. Also on April 13 she will play an opening show for Skillet. She has no plans to leave Skillet, thankfully. The full track listing is "Not Dead Yet", "Ruins", "Bold", "Warrior", "Foreigner", and "Iconic"
17) Before joining Skillet, both Korey Cooper and Lori Peters were in a band called Alkeme during their teen years. Some tracks can also be found on YouTube. Korey's sister Rosalie Pingitore was also in the band.=)
18) When John was in about middle or high school, he accidentally hit someone with a trombone :P