(Almost Human-esque RPG)
The year is 2042 in the quiet little town of Lauderdale, Iowa, where everything is serene and rustic.
Or, more aptly, was.
With the encroaching forces of constantly-improving technology (and the fiendish who take advantage of this for their own criminal whims), little Lauderdale’s Police Department has to stand up and fight fire with fire.
But the town’s residents aren’t impressed with the Synthetic division that has only recently been employed and yearn for the days gone by when men were men, not machines!
Clashes of opinion, storms of resentment and a deepening divide between Synthetic Supporters and Synthetic Protesters will rip the town in two.
Will Lauderdale embrace the Almost Human and the future, or will it succumb to the “Good old days” and lose the battle against crime?
As I mentioned, this RPG is based (rather loosely, I must say) off of the Fox show “Almost Human”. So anyway, I’ll list character types and get onto rules and such.
Pretty self-explanatory, right?
Works at Lauderdale’s Police Department. All employees are above the age of 21 and a few are paired with a Synthetic. Views on the Synthetics are varied, but usually somewhat positive.
Someone who commits crime. They can be of any age above 8, but the youngsters usually commit petty crimes such as theft and vandalism. The crimes range in severity, but most end up through the doors of Lauderdale’s Police Department and in a cell until trial. Views on the Synthetics completely varied; some see them as positive, while others actively seek them out to attack.
Someone who lives in Lauderdale but is not a part of the Criminal or Cop groups. They are of any age, because they are the families and innocents of the town. Views on Synthetics are varied, but usually somewhat negative.
A human-developed technology. They have a variety of skills depending on their model and manufacturing purpose, but do need charging. The term Synthetic in this RPG will refer to the human-looking androids.
o Cop Assistant
Works at Lauderdale’s Police Department. The few there are will be paired with another cop to assist them in missions. Their model type varies (although it is very rare for one to possess a ‘Synthetic Soul’) but they have CSI-level analytically processes, durability, and quite a few other advancements.
o Criminal Assailant
A Synthetic who commits crime. They are usually used by criminals who can afford them and can range from being part of a heist to a hitman. Much like their policing counterparts, their model type varies and they share the same technological advancements.
o Civilian Worker
A Synthetic who is not a part of the Criminal or Cop groups. They usually do hard, manual labour (which causes controversies), works in offices (more controversies) or babysit children (oh, the controversies!) and rarely receive payment, as they are often owned by someone. Their model type varies, but there is a slightly higher probability of Civilian Synthetics having the ‘Synthetic Soul’ installed.
(Warning can go here: THIS MIGHT NOT BE RECOMMENDED FOR YOUNGER/SENSITIVE SCRATCHERS, AS THERE WILL BE SCENES OF VIOLENCE OR SOME SUCH THAT MAY INDUCE DISTRESS)
1. Ask before joining
2. Do not powerplay/godmod/etc
3. Do not use someone else’s character without their permission
4. Do not kill/seriously maim someone else’s character without their permission
5. When you join, please list:
Synthetic or Human?
If Synthetic, do they have Synthetic Soul?
Appearance (Or just a link to an image of the face claim would be useful, too)
6. Bio projects would be appreciated, but comment bios are totally fine if you can’t get to the computer
7. Please * out any cussing
8. Let’s keep it Scratch-appropriate, you guys. That means no risqué romances and to keep vivid descriptions of violence outta sight
9. This will probably be more of a face-claim system (finding a celebrity/actor/model/etc to represent your character) so please credit who you use to represent your character
10. Let’s keep a balance between Cop/Criminal/Civilian!
11. Please don’t be too outrageous with your criminals
12. Not every Synthetic will have a ‘Soul’!
13. This is not a cat/super-hero/paranormal RPG, so I’d appreciate it if we kept Leafstar the vampire telekinetic out of this
14. Some realism with ages would be appreciated!
15. Okay, I can’t think of any more so… Well, have fun!
Det. Florence Denver (F)
Prof. Ellen Everett (F)
Capt. Lawrence Solomon (M)
Det. Roy Hughes (M)
Det. Destiny Hearte (F)
Tyce Johnson (M)
Prof. Susanna Everett (F)
Abraham Denver (M)
Fawke Denver (M)
Chiy Mo (F)
o COP ASSISTANT:
Adelaide - Det. Denver (M)
o CRIMINAL ASSAILANT:
o CIVILIAN WORKER:
Miss Emilia (F)